It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

innerring: It seems I'm the only one who hasn't got a freebie lol
LiefLayer: no, you're not alone
same here
Truth time, there's no freebies. It's just a prank.
firaja: It took me a while to realize I don't need a separate forum account to post here... so hi, I've been lurking here quite a bit and today has been awesome, first Sam & Max, then Kentucky Route Zero and now Tomb Raiders though I already have them on PS.
Welcome firaja. The coffee machine is at the back but we're out of donuts.
superstande:
The-Business: How do these freebies work? I never get one (also not in previous Insomnias) and wondering if I am doing something wrong.
When you click the "Buy Now" button, instead of asking for payment details, the checkout page will tell you that you scored a critical hit, and that the game is free.

Some people have been lucky enough to get multiple freebies, while many have got none. It's just pure luck.
huN73R: Truth time, there's no freebies. It's just a prank.
agreed
Klumpen0815: I just wish, the € would be worth more atm.
It's nearly 1€=$1 even without regional pricing and my income hasn't been adjusted.
Yeah the Euro was at about 1,35$ a few mnths ago. Not it is at 1,1$ :S
firaja: It took me a while to realize I don't need a separate forum account to post here... so hi, I've been lurking here quite a bit and today has been awesome, first Sam & Max, then Kentucky Route Zero and now Tomb Raiders though I already have them on PS.
Hello and welcome, firaja.
Matruchus: Its never going to be adjusted cause of currency value loss. Its normal stuff in the system we live. You will just have to pay more. That's what happens when you use fiat money.
Klumpen0815: I know.... otherwise I'd have written the hopeful word "yet".
It's always going downhill since my birth in the 80s, I wonder what that means. ;)
Cause of inflation todays cca. 24.000.000 usd are worth the same as 1.000.000 usd from 1930 which just shows you how big the money value loss is.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Matruchus
superstande:
The-Business: How do these freebies work? I never get one (also not in previous Insomnias) and wondering if I am doing something wrong.
I've clicked on every game sans about two 6-hour sleep periods and have managed to get just one freebie. So they are kinda rare. Just click to buy everything (only need to try once per game appearance) and hope for the best.
Klumpen0815: I know.... otherwise I'd have written the hopeful word "yet".
It's always going downhill since my birth in the 80s, I wonder what that means. ;)
Matruchus: Cause of inflation todays cca. 24.000.000 usd are worth the same as 1.000.000 usd from 1930 which just shows you how big the money value loss is.
Time to buy some Yuan, eh?
MrDrWatson: Why was Jack Keane 2 removed from GOG?
Last year mid-year sometime GOG introduced local currency pricing for all games in the catalogue and all publishers needed to adapt to the change. My recollection is that Nordic games wasn't set up to handle regional currency and take the inherent risks in currency fluctuations in the market, and that the changes made by GOG could put them in breach of contract with existing legal agreements with other distributors or something like that, so they had to withdraw from GOG for the time being but with hopes to be able to return some day. Nordic did comment about it in the forums here but I don't have a link handy. Since then they were able to return for 2 GOG promos including this one, and hopefully they'll return in future promos as well or even one day be able to return their catalogue to GOG and be welcomed back with open arms.
Tolmar: My wife is happy with this sale. We are abroad in China and when I tried to use my card it got blocked.

Still sticking around for the comments though.
LOL. Yes, I can see why she'd be happy.

I'd try the same "enforced self control" technique myself, but I'm pretty sure the flight to China would cost more than the Insomnia games. ^_^
zlep: When you click the "Buy Now" button, instead of asking for payment details, the checkout page will tell you that you scored a critical hit, and that the game is free.

Some people have been lucky enough to get multiple freebies, while many have got none. It's just pure luck.
I do wish GOG would be open on how the freebie system works internally. In the mean time I believe that all that dark matter and energy that astronomers can't explain is luck which's distribution is very uneven in the universe.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by justanoldgamer
Greetings warior, in this harsh times of keaning we need every man, woman and or child that is able to purchase games on this platform. Grab an axe and start hacking away these games. The flood may seem endless, but if we stay as a union, we can DO THIS!
For our keaning families and friends.
For the demise of regional pricing.
For FREEDOM!
innerring: It seems I'm the only one who hasn't got a freebie lol
LiefLayer: no, you're not alone
yeah theres more of us than you think :P

edit: now i feel i have "discovered" gog earlier, but i blame my obsession with owning all my games at one place... til i realized i dont actually own them :p oh well, we live and learn. or just live, whatever :)
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Turtlesaur