It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Splatsch: And so did Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (400 in first, 800 in second).
Exoanthrope: Actually, I just noticed after comparing lists that some games had less in the second round. It seems to be a little random.
I would say it is not so random, but they adjust those numbers based on the performance in the earlier rounds.
So if some game was keaning, and sold 400 copies in maybe 2 hours, then it is highly unlikely they will put 800 copies for the second round - 200 or so is much more probable.
But hard to say, if it is really so - I would have to study the statistics a little bit to confirm that.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Verdeloth
Exoanthrope: Actually, I just noticed after comparing lists that some games had less in the second round. It seems to be a little random.
I think they are adjusting the amounts. Games that are sold out quickly get a larger stock in the next round.
Splatsch: Less ? I didn't noticed it. Good to know.
Only a few games, like Bad Mojo went from 250 to 150. Maybe they're comparing sales from the first round and adjusting quantities based on time to sell? Or would that be expecting too much of gog?
Edit: Ninja'd, yeah that's probably it.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Exoanthrope
ElTerprise: And maybe more experience in the forum. Today was the first time i posted here. :)
Welcome! I started posting in January last year.
Noooooo!
Grimrock 2!
Why, GOG?! It was the only game left I really wanted from the sale!
Darn, smaggle, grumble.
*sigh*
Let's hope I catch Round 3.

On another note, only 7 pages whilst I was sleeping? It seems like a lot of people were sleeping as well. ;)
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Getcomposted
ElTerprise: And maybe more experience in the forum. Today was the first time i posted here. :)
toxicTom: Welcome! I started posting in January last year.
Thank you. I had been reading in the forum already but now it was the right time to start posting :)
Welcome here ! :D
toxicTom: Welcome! I started posting in January last year.
ElTerprise: Thank you. I had been reading in the forum already but now it was the right time to start posting :)
Sales tend to do that to those who lurk, myself included. It's a very nice place to be, this thread. Welcome! =)
Verdeloth: I would say it is not so random, but they adjust those numbers based on the performance in the earlier rounds.
So if some game was keaning, and sold 400 copies in maybe 2 hours, then it is highly unlikely they will put 800 copies for the second round - 200 or so is much more probable.
But hard to say, if it is really so - I would have to study the statistics a little bit to confirm that.
But that would make sense (and would be a logic commercial decision).
Thank you all for the welcome. The atmosphere in this forum is definitely better than in other communities from what i've seen *hust*Steam*hust* :)

Ofcoslava: Sales tend to do that to those who lurk, myself included. It's a very nice place to be, this thread. Welcome! =)
There was a discussion about that a few pages back irrc which encouraged me to do so.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Thank you all for the welcome. The atmosphere in this forum is definitely better than in other communities from what i've seen *hust*Steam*hust* :)
Yeah, too much steam can make you cough! So be sure to throw in a GoG pill every once in a while!
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Maxvorstadt
Splatsch: But that would make sense (and would be a logic commercial decision).
There could be also another factor, about which we are not aware, and that is the agreement with each distributor.
I would say it is quite possible, that some of them are limiting maximal number of copies, which could be put to the sale with the decreased price - and they have to then split this maximum into three rounds.
Verdeloth: Ah, I see, that the most WTF movie in the entire GOG catalogue returns back.
I saw just a few minutes from the beginning, and it was so bizarrely creepy weird, that it practically scared me off.
Have anyone seen the entire movie to say, if I miss anything, when not giving it a second chance?
I remember watching it years ago and thinking that it wasn't nearly as weird and creepy as I wanted it to be. But that's coming from someone who has spent a lifetime hunting down the weirdest movies in existence, so my "base line" is probably quite different from the average viewer's.
high rated
I'm wondering whether that code from few pages ago wasn't snatched by a bot :-/.
Anyway, if someone (who can prove that they are a real person :-P) wants to play some Legacy of Kain then answer this post. Currently I have just one code left so first person gets the games.
Maxvorstadt: Yeah, too much steam can make you cough!
Thats the reason i've never feeled inclined to actually participate much in the steam forums.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by ElTerprise