It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

8BitGinno: One of the games I've been waiting for! Legend of Grimrock 2!

YES!
Yay - got it!!- now I can go to sleep feeling Ive accomplished something. Thanks, GOG!
8BitGinno: One of the games I've been waiting for! Legend of Grimrock 2!

YES!
Me too - with only an hour left before bed I was hoping it didn't end up getting pushed back in the order. Was 23 in Rd 1, 20 in Rd 2.
8BitGinno: 19 LEFT!

Go go! Gotta see what's next!
MissFable: Last night was it's 1st appearance during the sale which means there were more people who wanted it. Also this time there are 800 copies where last night there was only 400. Pity they decided to double the amount; it sold 400 copies in 20min this round so we would have been done already.
The main factor is that it's the wrong time of day, really. Anything sells more slowly between about 2am and 8am CET.

E.g. Haegemonia first run (150 copies) - 32 minutes around 3am CET, second run (also 150 copies) - 22 minutes around midnight CET. And it's even more extreme at earlier hours.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Zeyes
Off topic, but wow, I just realised I've been on gog for almost a full year now, and my first interactions on the forum were during the Spring Insomnia Promo Tracker. I feel like some sort of celebration is in order.
the_voivod: Grimrock II down! Only Shadowgate's repeat to go for me. Please, for the love of God let that be next.
Highly unlikely. The 20 "Fresh" items we've seen in round 2 were all in Rd 1 first 25. Shadowgate SE was #54 in Round 1.
My patience through Keanomaly 2 was rewarded with the last game I wanted out of this sale. Time for a well earned nap.
deleted
Exoanthrope: Off topic, but wow, I just realised I've been on gog for almost a full year now, and my first interactions on the forum were during the Spring Insomnia Promo Tracker. I feel like some sort of celebration is in order.
That's not surprising to me. My first forum interactions were during the first Insomnia.

There's just something about the combo of great deals, screaming at slow games and general exhaustion that brings people together. -laughs-
Sam and Max Hit the Road took 1h4m to complete and No Nexus so it looks like I'm going to be disappointed tonight. Who wants to bet it shows up while I'm asleep :P
CarrionCrow: There's just something about the combo of great deals, screaming at slow games and general exhaustion that brings people together. -laughs-
It's a beautiful thing. :D
8BitGinno: 19 LEFT!

Go go! Gotta see what's next!
MissFable: Last night was it's 1st appearance during the sale which means there were more people who wanted it. Also this time there are 800 copies where last night there was only 400. Pity they decided to double the amount; it sold 400 copies in 20min this round so we would have been done already.
Or look at it the other way - they doubled the copies, so there are now an extra 400 people happy that they got it on discount. ^_^
MissFable: Sam and Max Hit the Road took 1h4m to complete and No Nexus so it looks like I'm going to be disappointed tonight. Who wants to bet it shows up while I'm asleep :P
It will be the very next game after you log off. ;)
Dalthnock: I think the Golden Age of Adventure games was due to those people being there at that time.

Then they all spread out, and...

*sigh*

Have you tried Bill Tiller's Autumn Moon games? They're gorgeous, but...
Hanglyman: I haven't. So... but what?

And yeah, I think you're right. I played Resonance and The Samaritan Paradox, which are both 2d, modern adventure games here on GoG, but they were merely okay. I haven't seen anything even remotely approaching another Fate of Atlantis, King's Quest VI or Gabriel Knight, and I probably never will.
Well, that's just the thing. You haven't even played them.

There was this huge buzz at the time, 'coz the screenshots were gorgeous & no wonder. Bill Tiller was the guy that did the art for Curse of Monkey Island. But then the first episode of A Vampyre Story came out & it was... boring. Underwhelming. The same for Ghost Pirates. It was all quickly forgotten & I think A Vampyre Story was never completed. Another one to make you sad.

I keep hearing how good Psychonauts is, but I can't get over how fugly the art is. I guess I'll have to man up & play it, but it's such a huge turn-off.

Basically, as much as I hate to admit it, business sense went to Telltale - they're the most successful of the bunch. Creativity went to Double Fine. Art went to Autumn Moon. And where the hell is Michael Land?

These guys were a team. They need to get together again & have everyone where they belong. There is only one Al Lowe. And even Al had lots of help from Josh Mandel & others.

I absolutely loved Gemini Rue. And I'm having a good time with A Golden Wake. But I know it's just because the old Adventure games conditioned my brain to like this type of game. Neither one would convert me to Adventure games if I wasn't a fan already.

As sad as it is, when I play Runaway, or any other "new" Adventure game, I'm just going through the motions, trying to get just a little bit of what made those old games so good. Sometimes, I can.

And it's not just nostalgia, believe me.
Exoanthrope: Off topic, but wow, I just realised I've been on gog for almost a full year now, and my first interactions on the forum were during the Spring Insomnia Promo Tracker. I feel like some sort of celebration is in order.
CarrionCrow: That's not surprising to me. My first forum interactions were during the first Insomnia.

There's just something about the combo of great deals, screaming at slow games and general exhaustion that brings people together. -laughs-
Same for me. It was during last years spring insomnia sale. I wonder for how many people was this promo a gateway to the forums?
Legend of Grimrock 2 is still available? It's been like, 10 minutes. Internet...how could you let this happen? I am disappoint.