It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

opticq: That snort made me burst out laughing. I have no clue why. Must be the insomnia..
penumbren: *grin*
thanks for the info :) if it was hogs of war that would have been a helpful review ;)
Well, it's useful to see the whole list of games that are available now. I guess the only one that would be in my radar is dead state, I'll probably get it if I catch it by chance. That said, I heard it was horribly buggy on release, I probably should do my research and check if that got fixed...
Tempted to buy Sam & Max though I still have the retail CD.
8.30am here in South Africa.
Good thing I work a desk job
Sam and Max Hit the Road
69 Copies in the last 5 minutes
Moving at a rate of about 13.8 copies per minute

Rate of sale appears to be halving every 5 min
deleted
Post edited October 21, 2018 by Fairfox
MissFable: If this is anything like last year the order that games show up in is completely random so the Witcher 2 could be next or it could be the last game on the list.
Have you seen nexus on this round yet?
Hogs of war is gone!
There is some randomness, but it's not "random" in the sense most people think. My stats are a little rusty - "stochastic," perhaps. The Round 2 outcomes are clearly weighted towards where an item was in round 1.

It's possible we'll see a complete outlier, but as a general pattern, where it fell in round 1 is a good predictor of where things have fallen in round 2. Of the items that have repeated (54), variance frequency:

abs9 or more (6 times)
abs5-8 (20)
abs0-4 (18)
So... no updated 2nd round list? Or have anomaly / Max just been on that long?
Exoanthrope: Have you ever seen this article about adventure games? ;)
Dalthnock: I have.

And they were right.

I guess it's easy to forget all the crap out there & only remember the good ones.
Gabriel Knight 3 actually had some pretty fun (and less nonsensical) puzzles. I recall really enjoying the ones where you put together clues using maps to discover the location of a lost treasure or something like that- it was really engaging and rewarding. However, even if not all the puzzles were horrible, the graphics certainly were. Adventure gaming may have been getting stale, but jumping to 3D in that era was a huge mistake. It's more tolerable with stuff like the Telltale Sam and Max games in the modern era, but I still think 2D is the best way to go for this particular genre.

I'm still mourning the fact that none of the fan-made sequels to Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis ever got off the ground. :(
yyahoo: Very cute, but still doesn't beat the classics. Just like Kermit, no one has voiced the Chef like Henson did. That said, it's a heck of a lot closer than whoever was trying to do Statler and Waldorf there. That wasn't even close.

At this hour? Somewhere in world, it's the morning, the middle of the day, and early in the evening... Just saying...
Dalthnock: Oh, I know that. It's just that yesterday this hour was very slow.

Or maybe it was the games. I don't know anymore.
Ah, okay, I wasn't around this time yesterday. Perhaps it was the games...
Dalthnock: I guess it's easy to forget all the crap out there & only remember the good ones.
Everything Lucas Arts made has been gold, though. Yet I think I heard they only stopped making adventure games because Sierra's sales dipped and they were worried about losing sales themselves.
Sleep doth beckon me to its warm embrace, so alas I must heed its call.

If Dead State pops up someone wake me up :-P
trentonlf: Sleep doth beckon me to its warm embrace, so alas I must heed its call.

If Dead State pops up someone wake me up :-P
How?
ArtisticMinstrel: So... no updated 2nd round list? Or have anomaly / Max just been on that long?
Apart from what is registered in IAmSinistar list for day 2?

Just

Seasoned

Hogs of War (-75%) [100]
Sam & Max Hit the Road (50%) [800]

Fresh

Anomaly 2 (-75%) [100]
Post edited March 04, 2015 by madth3
Dalthnock: I have.

And they were right.

I guess it's easy to forget all the crap out there & only remember the good ones.
Hanglyman: Gabriel Knight 3 actually had some pretty fun (and less nonsensical) puzzles. I recall really enjoying the ones where you put together clues using maps to discover the location of a lost treasure or something like that- it was really engaging and rewarding. However, even if not all the puzzles were horrible, the graphics certainly were. Adventure gaming may have been getting stale, but jumping to 3D in that era was a huge mistake. It's more tolerable with stuff like the Telltale Sam and Max games in the modern era, but I still think 2D is the best way to go for this particular genre.

I'm still mourning the fact that none of the fan-made sequels to Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis ever got off the ground. :(
Well, I haven't played Gabriel Knight 3 yet, though I do own it here & will play it, but from what I hear it's not a bad game. I heard about this puzzle & some pixel hunting, but there were far worse out there.