It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gameslinger: Seasoned: Hogs of War (75%) [100]

Like last night, I'm uncertain if I want this. I've heard good things about the PS1 version, but the PC version's lack of AI movement worries me. Is it worth buying?
Sachys: According to just about everybody - no.

...sadly, or I'd be bagging it myself.
I recall getting the PS1 version... I think I got it from blockbusters on clearance. If not now then when price wise. As I remember it was unique for a console game.
I think I need to retire for the night especially at the pace these games are moving.

I'm still looking for Star Wars: TIE Fighter, so if someone snags an extra copy I'd swap Star Wars: X-Wing for it or pay it forward.

Happy hunting!
yyahoo: Personally, I prefer the flash sales. 7 to 15 going on at once and constantly moving. You always know when they are going to end and when the new ones are going to begin.

Then again, my absolute favorite sale type is the "Luck of the Irish"/"Mutator" promos...
I second the vote for flash sales. Insomnia sales are kind of like the income tax code. They generate a lot of useless effort & people worry over rules that were created for no purpose but generating effort and worry.
I never thought it would actually happen but I used the time of keaning to finally play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Prypjat. And I already sunk in like 20-30 hours. it is really good. Though I kinda regret starting the Playthrough without the Misery Mod. I am to far into the game to start a fresh playthrough tbh. But even vanilla it is really good. The atmosphere is, just like in Shadow of Chernobel, really really great. Looks like keaning isn't that useless afterall ^^
Post edited March 04, 2015 by The_Blog
Sachys: According to just about everybody - no.

...sadly, or I'd be bagging it myself.
cecil: I recall getting the PS1 version... I think I got it from blockbusters on clearance. If not now then when price wise. As I remember it was unique for a console game.
PS1 version was great.

PC version - Enemy pigs dont move! (check the reviews).
You know what is wrong with this promo? It doesn't have Legacy of Kain in it. Imagine, if someone wanted to buy these games they would have to buy it at a full price... or use this backwards-written code: Edit: Redeemed.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by Paradoks
LynetteC: Oops, dozed through Wasteland 2 again! Realistically it's out of mybudget but it would have been nice to try for a Critical Hit seeing as the only one l've had so far was for a game l already own!

You'd think an account that has accumulated over 300 games in 12 months (and that's just my shelf, I'm not counting the gift codes l've bought) would have earned enough karma for a nice little freebie. It's been the same every time GOG do these random gifts - l either get the freebie on a game I'm buying as a gift, or one I already have!
Doing good things with the explicit intent of expecting a return in your 'investment' is not how it works.

It is evident that GOG has achieved a superior galactic karmatic balance :]
Not enough to keep my interest, so I'm heading to bed. Hogs truly is *hogging* (or is that "bogging"?) the time slot & I've got my eye out for Good Old Games more than "fresh" ones.

Nite all.
chance7006: While we wait..... I just discovered lootcrate.com is a thing. Has anyone subscribed and is it worth the dinero?
I've only bought one crate, and it was passable. My crate had a speaker shaped like Kenny McCormick from South Park, a shot glass, a Doctor Who balloon, a dragon themed deck of cards, and a terrible breakfast flavored energy drink.

Basically, it's a random grab bag of geeky stuff. Some people who contributed to the current crate may leak their stuff online (I recall Egoraptor talking about contributing stickers to one crate), but you mostly won't know what's in the current crate until it reaches you.

tl;dr Buy it if you like the theme, but be warned that you may not like everything you get.
quick guys, buy hogs of war and spacecom before its over, these are the hottest games i've ever seen on sale!!!
MichiGen: Looks like I'm gonna miss the Wasteland 2 again :(. I don't really have time to wait since 400 copies of Desktop Dungeons are sold, it will probably take a while... Have to be fresh at the work tomorrow.
Briareos262: I would help with getting Desktop Dungeons that however I need my funds to survive one more week till next payday =P
Thank you, of course no problem, The_Blog already helped me :) a lot of good people here :)
LynetteC: It's been the same every time GOG do these random gifts - l either get the freebie on a game I'm buying as a gift, or one I already have!
I really hope that you get a freebie that you really want LynetteC as you certainly thoroughly deserve it for the wonderful generosity time after time here and through many iterations of TBBBBoB. :)
chance7006: While we wait..... I just discovered lootcrate.com is a thing. Has anyone subscribed and is it worth the dinero?
Gameslinger: I've only bought one crate, and it was passable. My crate had a speaker shaped like Kenny McCormick from South Park, a shot glass, a Doctor Who balloon, a dragon themed deck of cards, and a terrible breakfast flavored energy drink.

Basically, it's a random grab bag of geeky stuff. Some people who contributed to the current crate may leak their stuff online (I recall Egoraptor talking about contributing stickers to one crate), but you mostly won't know what's in the current crate until it reaches you.

tl;dr Buy it if you like the theme, but be warned that you may not like everything you get.
Thanks for the info. I was just perusing their website showing pics of previous crates. It looks hit or miss. Only buying an intriguing theme seems like sage advice.
Damn! I went to sleep one game before Banished! And I really needed the sleep :(
LynetteC: Oops, dozed through Wasteland 2 again! Realistically it's out of mybudget but it would have been nice to try for a Critical Hit seeing as the only one l've had so far was for a game l already own!

You'd think an account that has accumulated over 300 games in 12 months (and that's just my shelf, I'm not counting the gift codes l've bought) would have earned enough karma for a nice little freebie. It's been the same every time GOG do these random gifts - l either get the freebie on a game I'm buying as a gift, or one I already have!
evilnancyreagan: Doing good things with the explicit intent of expecting a return in your 'investment' is not how it works.

It is evident that GOG has achieved a superior galactic karmatic balance :]
l don't really expect any rewards for all my purchases, but hearing of people getting 4-5 freebies or one of the big games like Wasteland 2 or Dreamfall leaves me wondering what I've done in a past life that I can only score free games for other people!

Doesn't stop me trying (or buying) though! :-)