It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: New Seasoned deal: Age of Wonders 2: The Wizard's Throne (-67%) [100]
Rather mediocre discount for this game compared to others, isn't it.
skeletonbow: -snip
This is all quite true. It reminds me of a hobby shop near me that everyone always complains is way over-priced, but at least once a month they have a one-day sale where all regular priced items are 40% off. It sounds like a huge percent off, but it just makes everything the price it should be to begin with.
New Fresh deal: Tetrobot and Co. (-75%) [100]
Tetrobot and Co. Huh. I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks like fun.
Elinnea: So the recent list is like this:
I bought Wizardry 8 for -80% yesterday. Just sayin', it seems to be missing from the list so, for those interested...
Elinnea: So the recent list is like this:
Gabby2: I bought Wizardry 8 for -80% yesterday. Just sayin', it seems to be missing from the list so, for those interested...
I was only writing the ones that have appeared since the last ones IAmSinistar updated in the first post. I consider that one the true master list (since it's easy to find).
CarrionCrow: Odd, or fortuitous? =)
Sachys: Both - usually everything I might want goes while I sleep
Ha! Sweet dreams then!
Elinnea: Tetrobot and Co. Huh. I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks like fun.
It's the follow up to Blocks that matter. A nice puzzle game.
I was all about to jump on Xenonauts at 60% off.

Then I remembered I already own it...
Oh Xenonauts.... That reminds me I have to find some time to start playing this game... It's been a while since I pre-ordered....
Damn. I only slept for three hours, and I missed one of the games I was looking to get during this sale: Tomb raider 1+2+3.

Isn't that always the way it goes ... they've already got me for three games I wasn't planning on buying, and I missed the one I wanted.

Hopefully it will come back around.
deleted
skeletonbow: -snip
Exoanthrope: This is all quite true. It reminds me of a hobby shop near me that everyone always complains is way over-priced, but at least once a month they have a one-day sale where all regular priced items are 40% off. It sounds like a huge percent off, but it just makes everything the price it should be to begin with.
Exactly. :) What happens though sometimes on the video game side of things is some people are of the opinion that by buying our games "deep discount" we are somehow robbing the developers or publishers or whoever of money and they're going to starve and not make games we want anymore even though while all these very promos that are deep discounted occur, every year there are even more games produced and they're even better than last year.

It's just FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) intended to try to guilt trip people into a certain behaviour though, sometimes with a hint of entitlement mentality/expectation of obligation to pressure someone to feel bad for not being a hyperconsumer. I for one don't buy into it though because I know they purposefully overprice things intentionally and specifically to produce that psychological effect and others. Things are worth exactly what people will and do pay for them and not a penny more. If you are going to lose money and starve selling something 80% off, it's not my job to stop you from doing that, it's your job to not discount your product at 80% off. Self empowerment!

So when the industry discounts things regularly to 75-80% off, then that _is_ the regular price they find acceptable to produce a killing in profit from volume with almost zero overhead. But they make more than that too because often all of us are so pumped to buy games so cheap that we buy 100 times as many games as we could ever play in 50 years. So the game companies actually sell us a game and take our money and we often largely never play the game. So who is taking who's money in that case? Who is starving again? :) It's funny when you frame it like that. When games are $2-3 I buy all of them I can get my hands on and don't play most of them (yet!, I will! I hope!) ;) But if they never went below say $5, then I would probably buy only games I am going to actually play within the next month and they would make only a fraction of my money and your money and the next guy's money, and then maybe they wouldn't make their margins and have to find a second job. :)

I could be wrong, but I'm strongly of the opinion it isn't just gamers that love deep discount prices, the industry loves it too, because they make more money from it. If they didn't - and they did it anyway, then they've got bad accountants, get Trump to fire them right?

Bring on the $1-2 games! :)
Gabby2: I bought Wizardry 8 for -80% yesterday. Just sayin', it seems to be missing from the list so, for those interested...
Elinnea: I was only writing the ones that have appeared since the last ones IAmSinistar updated in the first post. I consider that one the true master list (since it's easy to find).
Uh. Ok. I didn't check the first post, this post is going too fast for me I guess... :)
Got my first freebie, Tetrabot and co. Never even heard of it, but I guess now would be a good time to get to know it better :D