It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tekkaman-James: Good morning, Insomniacs!

My day is starting out great, thanks to Grargar! Everyone give him a +1 and a big hug for giving me a copy of Mask of the Ninja. This is why, 10 months ago, during the last Insomnia Promo, I became a loyal member and frequent forum contributor. The camaraderie and kindness I've seen from this community continues to amaze me. I hope my small contributions have helped to pay that forward to others here on this site. You guys (and gals, of course) are awesome!

Now, to see what I missed while I was foolishly slumbering. :P
Good morning. =)

Here's a current list.
Tekkaman-James: Good morning, Insomniacs!

My day is starting out great, thanks to Grargar! Everyone give him a +1 and a big hug for giving me a copy of Mask of the Ninja. This is why, 10 months ago, during the last Insomnia Promo, I became a loyal member and frequent forum contributor. The camaraderie and kindness I've seen from this community continues to amaze me. I hope my small contributions have helped to pay that forward to others here on this site. You guys (and gals, of course) are awesome!

Now, to see what I missed while I was foolishly slumbering. :P
This is exactly what makes the Insomnia Sales so great, probably even better than the deals. If I recall correctly this is my 3rd Insomnia Sale and it is as great as ever. Btw. can someone tell me the dates of the last Insomnia Sales? ^^
stg83: It is telling how much of a psychological effect a percentage discount has, since many are always waiting for a discount on this one despite it being a $5.99 game. :)
Heh...
CarrionCrow: Here's a current list.
Odd... didnt miss anything I wanted.
Missed some wishlisted ones, but at least that keeps Insomnia interesting ;-)
Last time I got covered on the first day and from there on I was only annoyed by bad server performance due to the sale.
Post edited March 03, 2015 by DeMignon
Next Seasoned: Worms 2 (-75%) [150]

How I wish gog would have Worms Armageddon.
Post edited March 03, 2015 by Matruchus
CarrionCrow: Here's a current list.
Sachys: Odd... didnt miss anything I wanted.
Odd, or fortuitous? =)
Sachys: Odd... didnt miss anything I wanted.
CarrionCrow: Odd, or fortuitous? =)
Both - usually everything I might want goes while I sleep
stg83: It is telling how much of a psychological effect a percentage discount has, since many are always waiting for a discount on this one despite it being a $5.99 game. :)
$5.99 is 2 or 3 high end AAA games on sale or in a bundle! Who pays attention to regular advertised prices on anything online? Not I! In fact, computer parts, dishwasher detergent, video games, just about anything I buy on line I get for a minimum of 20% off. :)

Seriously though, retailers not just of video games but of lots of products know that people will buy things more whimsically and with more passion if they feel they're getting a big discount, so it is often in their interest to price something at $30 regularly and sell a trickle of it for a while, then put it on sale for $5 or whatever and watch people trip over each other to buy a million copies, when they could just price it at say... $8 all the time. They know they make more money this way, and so virtually everything is far overpriced on the market built right into the regular prices.

That's part of why I rarely buy things _not_ on sale personally. The non-sale price isn't the real price, it is artificially inflated to create this psychological reaction in us. For games at least, take that price and apply 60-90% off or more and then you get the real price. I see the "sale" price as the real retail price, and the regular retail price as the "overprice" or "anti-price". There's _my_ psychology right back at them. :)

They make a killing off of sales, especially of digital goods like this that had one time production costs and low ongoing maintenance costs that often taper off to nothing or close to it over time. No physical media to make or ship, just bits to send over the wire. Costs them virtually nothing with every cent coming in being profit divided between distributor, publisher, developer, etc.

If there practices are known as capitalizing on hyperconsumerism, then my shopping habits are the corollary to that, capitalizing on antihyperconsumerism. ;o)

Hold out for the discounts everyone! :)
Does Worms 2 work properly now? I'm pretty sure a lot of people mentioned they had trouble with it.
And of course, as soon as I went to bed, a lot of stuff I wanted popped up.

THERE BETTER BE A ROUND 2 OR IT'S JIHAD!

Please?

Cheers!
So the recent list is like this:

Seasoned
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (-80%) [150]
Hogs of War (-75%) [150]
Knights and Merchants - The Peasants Rebellion (-50%) [150]
Dracula Trilogy (-80%) [150]
Stronghold HD (-75%) [150]
Little Big Adventure 2 (-75%) [150]
Realms of the Haunting (-75%) [150]
Return to Mysterious Island (-80%) [150]
Deus Ex GOTY Edition (-75%) [350]
Septerra Core (-75%) [100]
Sam and Max Hit the Road (-50%) [400]
Wacky Wheels (-75%) [150]
7th Guest (-75%) [150]
Tomb Raider 1-3 (-70%) [150]
Uplink (-75%) [100]
Uru: Complete Chronicles (-80%) [150]
Worms 2 (-75%) [150]

Fresh
AI War Collection (-80%) [150]
A Story About My Uncle (-80%) [100]
The Frame (-50%) [100]
Papers, Please (-75%) [350]
Age of Wonders 3 Deluxe Edition (-67%) [150]
Quest for Infamy (-80%) [200]
Dead State (-80%) [150]
Teslagrad (-75%) [200]
Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition (-85%) [200]
Consortium Master Edition (-80%) [200]
Angry Video Game Nerd The Movie (-50%) [150]
Sacred 2 Gold (-80%) [150]
Door Kickers (-60%) [150]
Mousecraft (-70%) [100]
Pixeljunk Monsters HD (-85%) [100]
Mark of the Ninja (-80%) [200]
Alan Wake's American Nightmare (-85%) [100]
The Witcher 2 (-85%) [350]
Smugglers V (-80%) [100]
CarrionCrow: Odd, or fortuitous? =)
Sachys: Both - usually everything I might want goes while I sleep
I used to have that problem sometimes. Now I just don't sleep much during these things...
New Seasoned deal: Age of Wonders 2: The Wizard's Throne (-67%) [100]
skeletonbow: Hold out for the discounts everyone! :)
Indeed, the higher the discount percentage greater the chances of it selling well despite how much the price is after the fact. Since the introduction of regional pricing for quite a few games here on GOG I have decided to use the extra special Russian discount as the baseline for my potential purchases of those digital downloads. If the publishers can sell it at that low price on launch in one region then I will just wait until it is discounted to a similar or less value.