It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Second game in a favorite childhood series and an insta-buy for me;

Seasoned:

Little Big Adventure 2 (-75%)[150]

Edit: Ninja'd. It's already outstripped Teslagrad in only a few min
Post edited March 03, 2015 by ArtisticMinstrel
Jenkinz: Did any one notice that the discount on The Witcher 3 has increased?
It used to be stepped, depending on whether you owned both the previous games or just one of them.
Now it is 20% off regardless.
Any idea if this is because Witcher 1 is in the promo, or just a general relaxation of the requirements?

TL;DR
Should I get the Witcher 1 in this promo to secure the increased discount on the Witcher 3?
skeletonbow: I see The Witcher 3 promo on the homepage as showing "10% off" by default. I own both Witcher games on GOG and so if I go to the promo page it does offer me 20% off for owning the other 2 games though.

From what I've seen both CDPR state as well as gamers who have played the games state, you can play The Witcher games individually and enjoy them even if you haven't played the previous games, however they do form a 3 part story that allegedly tracks the 3 Witcher novels the games are based upon and so if you're like me and enjoy the story elements of games and want to enjoy a whole story, you'll probably want to play all 3 of the games in-order as I do. I consider my gaming much like watching movies for example, so if someone hasn't seen or read any of the Lord of the Rings books/films, watching The Return of the King first will be enjoyable for sure, but it's like reading the last 1/3 of a book that tells a complete story.

Granted it may be a bit different for video games depending on the game etc. and also with individual tastes, but while I haven't completed any of The Witcher games I did try them out and have a fair number of hours of fun to realize these are fantastic epic games with rich storylines that are very immersive - for me anyway and I wouldn't want to miss out on any part of the story personally so I would recommend to anyone else to get all 3 games and play them in order for maximum immersion, maximum understanding of the story and characters etc.

If that sounds like an experience that matches your way of thinking then it's a great idea to get the first two games at the best prices you can find. You may want to pick them up on promo pricing while it's around, or perhaps surf the forums looking for active giveaways now or in the future where people are giving away game codes as both of those games were widely stockpiled if I remember correctly. If you do have them all you'll get the highest discount on the 3rd game of course, but if you don't want or wont play the first games and say... buy them just to get the discount on the 3rd, you might pay out the same amount as the discount countering it. :)

If you're still unsure how to decide though, I highly recommend going and watching all of The Witcher 1 and 2 trailers you can get your hands on on Youtube and/or the official game site. Personally I find any attempt to resist the games after watching the trailers impossible, but that's just me. ;o)

Hope this helps you make the decision soon to be Witcher! :)
Thanks for the fantastic advice! Think I will pick up #1 as soon as I can then.
Rather play it properly, from start to finish.
If my calculations are correct, I will still save more if I purchase #1, having got #2 free from the GOG ticket promo, then purchase #3 while still on pre-order.

Thanks guys, been a bit of a lurker for a long time, but have always been amazed by this community!
One of the best.
Is there a list with the latest games that were in the sale?
Khajiin: Is there a list with the latest games that were in the sale?
Check first post
I think IAMSinistar is sleeping or something likely, list hasn't updated for quite a while it appears. Might want to surf backward page by page to see if someone posted an updated list or partial, or to find names of individuals and make your own list perhaps. I haven't kept track here as my mind is jumping from GOG to 10 other things and I keep missing a game here or there. :)
high rated
First post then through the thread from around 113
ggzx12: IAmSinistar's List in the first post of this thread...<snip>
Seasoned :

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (-80%) [150]
Hogs of War (-75%) [150]
Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion (-75%) [150]
Dracula Trilogy (-80%) [150]
STRONGHOLD HD (-75%) [250]
Little Big Adventure 2 (-75%) [150]
Realms of the Haunting(-75%)[150]
Return to Mysterious Island (-80%) [150]
CURRENT --> Deus Ex GOTY Edition (-75%)[350]

Fresh :

AI War Collection (-80%) [150]
Story about my Uncle, A (-80%) [100]
The Frame {movie} (-50%) [100]
Papers, Please (-75%) [350]
Age of Wonders III - Deluxe Edition (-67%) [150]
Quest for Infamy (-80%)[200]
Dead State (-67%)[150]
Teslagrad (-75%) [200]
Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition (-85%)[200]
CURRENT --> Consortium Master Edition (-80%)[200]
Post edited March 03, 2015 by ArtisticMinstrel
skeletonbow: I think IAMSinistar is sleeping or something likely, list hasn't updated for quite a while it appears. Might want to surf backward page by page to see if someone posted an updated list or partial, or to find names of individuals and make your own list perhaps. I haven't kept track here as my mind is jumping from GOG to 10 other things and I keep missing a game here or there. :)
Well it was worth a try. :

During the last Insomnia Sale others worked on the list while IAMSinistar was asleep.

At least I do not need to bother with what I might have missed. ^^
Khajiin: At least I do not need to bother with what I might have missed. ^^
Whoops, I posted too early then :P
ArtisticMinstrel: First post then through the thread from around 113
ggzx12: IAmSinistar's List in the first post of this thread...<snip>
ArtisticMinstrel: Seasoned :

Hogs of War (-75%) [150]
CURRENT --> Little Big Adventure 2 (-75%) [150]

Fresh :

Dead State (-67%)[150]
CURRENT --> Teslagrad (-75%) [200]
high rated
skeletonbow: I see The Witcher 3 promo on the homepage as showing "10% off" by default. I own both Witcher games on GOG and so if I go to the promo page it does offer me 20% off for owning the other 2 games though.

From what I've seen both CDPR state as well as gamers who have played the games state, you can play The Witcher games individually and enjoy them even if you haven't played the previous games, however they do form a 3 part story that allegedly tracks the 3 Witcher novels the games are based upon and so if you're like me and enjoy the story elements of games and want to enjoy a whole story, you'll probably want to play all 3 of the games in-order as I do. I consider my gaming much like watching movies for example, so if someone hasn't seen or read any of the Lord of the Rings books/films, watching The Return of the King first will be enjoyable for sure, but it's like reading the last 1/3 of a book that tells a complete story.

Granted it may be a bit different for video games depending on the game etc. and also with individual tastes, but while I haven't completed any of The Witcher games I did try them out and have a fair number of hours of fun to realize these are fantastic epic games with rich storylines that are very immersive - for me anyway and I wouldn't want to miss out on any part of the story personally so I would recommend to anyone else to get all 3 games and play them in order for maximum immersion, maximum understanding of the story and characters etc.

If that sounds like an experience that matches your way of thinking then it's a great idea to get the first two games at the best prices you can find. You may want to pick them up on promo pricing while it's around, or perhaps surf the forums looking for active giveaways now or in the future where people are giving away game codes as both of those games were widely stockpiled if I remember correctly. If you do have them all you'll get the highest discount on the 3rd game of course, but if you don't want or wont play the first games and say... buy them just to get the discount on the 3rd, you might pay out the same amount as the discount countering it. :)

If you're still unsure how to decide though, I highly recommend going and watching all of The Witcher 1 and 2 trailers you can get your hands on on Youtube and/or the official game site. Personally I find any attempt to resist the games after watching the trailers impossible, but that's just me. ;o)

Hope this helps you make the decision soon to be Witcher! :)
Jenkinz: Thanks for the fantastic advice! Think I will pick up #1 as soon as I can then.
Rather play it properly, from start to finish.
If my calculations are correct, I will still save more if I purchase #1, having got #2 free from the GOG ticket promo, then purchase #3 while still on pre-order.

Thanks guys, been a bit of a lurker for a long time, but have always been amazed by this community!
One of the best.
Check your PMs. :-)
ArtisticMinstrel: Seasoned :

Hogs of War (-75%) [150]
Little Big Adventure 2 (-75%) [150]
Return to Mysterious Island (-80%) [150]

Fresh :

Dead State (-67%)[150]
Teslagrad (-75%) [200]
Two Worlds II - Epic Edition (-85%) [200]
Is this the current list from when Sinister stopped? Thank you for this, ArtisticMinstrel!

Personal list:

Seasoned :

Deus Ex™ GOTY Edition (-75%)
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator (-75%)
Sam & Max Hit the Road (-50%)
Wacky Wheels (-75%)
7th Guest, The (-75%)
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 (-70%)
Uplink: Hacker Elite (-75%)
Uru: Complete Chronicles (-80%)
Worms 2 (-75%)
Age of Wonders 2: The Wizard's Throne (-67%)
Wasteland 1: The Original Classic (-75%)
Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition (-75%)
Gobliiins pack (-75%)
Hitman 3: Contracts (-80%)
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (-80%)
Nox™ (-75%)
Red Faction (-80%)
Beyond Good & Evil™ (-75%)
Return to Krondor (-75%)
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood (-80%)
STAR WARS™: TIE Fighter Special Edition (-50%)
Bard's Tale, The (-80%)
Two Worlds (-80%)
Black Mirror 2 (-75%)
Wizardry 6+7 (-75%)
Children of the Nile Complete (-80%)
Clive Barker's Undying (-75%)
Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition (-75%)
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (-80%)
Legend of Kyrandia, The (Book One) (-75%)
Myst Masterpiece Edition (-65%)
Spellforce Platinum (-80%)
Gex (-67%)
Jade Empire: Special Edition (-80%)
King of Dragon Pass (-75%)
Pharaoh + Cleopatra (-75%)
Darkstone (-75%)
Shadow Man (-75%)
Spycraft: The Great Game (-75%)
Red Faction 2 (-80%)
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest (-75%) *repeat

Fresh :

Consortium: Master Edition, The (-80%)
Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie (-50%)
Sacred 2 Gold (-80%)
Door Kickers (-60%)
MouseCraft (-70%)
PixelJunk Monsters HD (-85%)
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition (-80%)
Alan Wake's American Nightmare (-85%)
Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings, The (-85%)
Smugglers V (-80%)
Tetrobot and Co. (-75%)
Xenonauts (-60%)
Anomaly Defenders (-75%)
Shadowgate: Special Edition (-80%)
Drox Operative (-75%)
The Gamers: Dorkness Rising (-75%)
A Bird Story (-60%)
Cognition: Game of the Year Edition (-80%)
Astebreed (-75%)
Din's Curse (-75%)
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers – 20th Anniversary Edition (-60%)
Freedom Planet (-67%)
Raven, The: Legacy of a Master Thief (-85%)
Inquisitor (-85%)
Terraria (-80%)
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (-80%)
Pier Solar and the Great Architects (-67%)
Risen (-80%)
Broken Age Season Pass (-67%)
Last Federation, The (-75%)
Rayman Origins (-75%)
Legend of Grimrock (-80%)
Signal Ops (-85%)
FTL: Advanced Edition (-75%)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (-60%)
Halfway (-70%)
Banner Saga, The (-60%)
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure (-80%)
Post edited March 03, 2015 by Nicole28
This insomnia is nothing like last one, where is keane2!! Kidding aside, I hope Grim shows up before I go to sleep:)
ArtisticMinstrel: <snip>
Nicole28: Is this the current list from when Sinister stopped? Thank you for this, ArtisticMinstrel!
Yes, don't think I missed any. Mainly thanks to ggzx12's previous post.
Seasoned: Realms of the Haunting [150] 75%
Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition [200] 85%
Seasoned: Return to Mysterious Island [150] 80%

I'm a little surprised at how slowly Teslagrad moved
Post edited March 03, 2015 by hummer010
Seasoned : Realms of the Haunting[150]

Wasn't this free on steam quite a while ago? anyways :-)