It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ArtisticMinstrel: ...but vampires are sometimes over-exposed as well.
mistermumbles: You don't say. =P
... and I'd almost forgotten about those teenage versions - I had friends who loved Twilight / Buffy but they just put my teeth on edge.

I still think there are more (higher profile) zombie games than vampires.

Edit: Not that I've gone out and counted or anything.
Post edited March 03, 2015 by ArtisticMinstrel
I have only missed 8 old games since I went to sleep? Things must get slow as hell in night hours.
Malek86: I have only missed 8 old games since I went to sleep? Things must get slow as hell in night hours.
makes it worse for us in the southern hemisphere
ArtisticMinstrel: ... and I'd almost forgotten about those teenage versions - I had friends who loved Twilight / Buffy but they just put my teeth on edge.
Buffy is actually awesome, though it's not really about vampires and co. It's a story about human drama and coming of age, the monsters are just metaphors of people, events and conditions (inside and outside) that people have to deal with. And the show has great humor.
Seasoned:
STRONGHOLD HD (-75%) [250]
Little Big Adventure 2 (-75%) [150]
Realms of the Haunting (-75%) [150]

Fresh:
Teslagrad (-75%) [200]
Post edited March 03, 2015 by Experiment513
Did any one notice that the discount on The Witcher 3 has increased?
It used to be stepped, depending on whether you owned both the previous games or just one of them.
Now it is 20% off regardless.
Any idea if this is because Witcher 1 is in the promo, or just a general relaxation of the requirements?

TL;DR
Should I get the Witcher 1 in this promo to secure the increased discount on the Witcher 3?
Post edited March 03, 2015 by Jenkinz
ArtisticMinstrel: ... and I'd almost forgotten about those teenage versions - I had friends who loved Twilight / Buffy but they just put my teeth on edge.
toxicTom: Buffy is actually awesome, though it's not really about vampires and co. It's a story about human drama and coming of age, the monsters are just metaphors of people, events and conditions (inside and outside) that people have to deal with. And the show has great humor.
Maybe I'm not being fair to Buffy with the Twilight comparison, having only seen random episodes. Perhaps if seen from the start it would make more sense and I'd care about the characters. But from my (limited) view it feels a bit more like watching a magical soapie. I much preferred Firefly (same creator, Sci-fi Western genre) even though it wasn't as popular.

I have no objections to others having differing opinions though; zombie games still seem to sell well.

Fresh

Teslagrad (-75%) [200]
Jenkinz: Did any one notice that the discount on The Witcher 3 has increased?
It used to be stepped, depending on whether you owned both the previous games or just one of them.
Any idea if this is because Witcher 1 is in the promo, or just a general relaxation of the requirements?

TL;DR
Should I get the Witcher 1 in this promo to secure the increased discount on the Witcher 3?
Up to you, but you will only be saving 50.99-47.99-1.49 = 1.51. So it doesn't really matter

TL;DR
Have you played Witcher 1 yet? Remember that if you own a physical copy of it, GOG will give you a digital copy free.

TL;DR
In addition to opticq, I'd think about what sort of player you are. Do you play games from 1 onward, or skip ahead to the games which may have better graphics etc? Will you play it straight away, or not for another year or more when there might be an even bigger sale? It's all up to you.

(Edit: Coming from someone with a huge backlog and still checks Humble Bundle almost every day...)
Post edited March 03, 2015 by ArtisticMinstrel
That's a good deal on Teslagrad, which is a pretty fun game.

TL;DR
I see The Witcher 3 promo on the homepage as showing "10% off" by default. I own both Witcher games on GOG and so if I go to the promo page it does offer me 20% off for owning the other 2 games though.

From what I've seen both CDPR state as well as gamers who have played the games state, you can play The Witcher games individually and enjoy them even if you haven't played the previous games, however they do form a 3 part story that allegedly tracks the 3 Witcher novels the games are based upon and so if you're like me and enjoy the story elements of games and want to enjoy a whole story, you'll probably want to play all 3 of the games in-order as I do. I consider my gaming much like watching movies for example, so if someone hasn't seen or read any of the Lord of the Rings books/films, watching The Return of the King first will be enjoyable for sure, but it's like reading the last 1/3 of a book that tells a complete story.

Granted it may be a bit different for video games depending on the game etc. and also with individual tastes, but while I haven't completed any of The Witcher games I did try them out and have a fair number of hours of fun to realize these are fantastic epic games with rich storylines that are very immersive - for me anyway and I wouldn't want to miss out on any part of the story personally so I would recommend to anyone else to get all 3 games and play them in order for maximum immersion, maximum understanding of the story and characters etc.

If that sounds like an experience that matches your way of thinking then it's a great idea to get the first two games at the best prices you can find. You may want to pick them up on promo pricing while it's around, or perhaps surf the forums looking for active giveaways now or in the future where people are giving away game codes as both of those games were widely stockpiled if I remember correctly. If you do have them all you'll get the highest discount on the 3rd game of course, but if you don't want or wont play the first games and say... buy them just to get the discount on the 3rd, you might pay out the same amount as the discount countering it. :)

If you're still unsure how to decide though, I highly recommend going and watching all of The Witcher 1 and 2 trailers you can get your hands on on Youtube and/or the official game site. Personally I find any attempt to resist the games after watching the trailers impossible, but that's just me. ;o)

Hope this helps you make the decision soon to be Witcher! :)

TL;DR
ArtisticMinstrel: In addition to opticq, I'd think about what sort of player you are. Do you play games from 1 onward, or skip ahead to the games which may have better graphics etc? Will you play it straight away, or not for another year or more when there might be an even bigger sale? It's all up to you.

(Edit: Coming from someone with a huge backlog and still checks Humble Bundle almost every day...)
Havent played the Witcher 1 yet, been thinking about starting from the beginning and playing all the way through.
Got Witcher 2 free a while back here, so just need Witcher 1 and then Witcher 3 when I get the cash together.

Prefer to get the full experience from games rather than go for great graphics of newer sequels straight away.
Got a few months to decide about #3, so thinking I may grab #1 if it comes up again.

Also have a HUGE backlog, can never resist a good sale though

TL;DR
skeletonbow: snip
It's 15% off regular and 20% for either OR both games now.
Seasoned: Little Big Adventure 2 [150] 75%