It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TrevorWilliams: So I guess there is no moderation in these forums?
Very minimal, only in the most egregious circumstances. We are a self-moderating body, and generally it has worked pretty well.

ymerejsasnak: The Insomnia sale was quite misleading in its title! My sleep patterns were hardly affected by it at all.
This one didn't mess with my sleep, but the first Insomnia certainly did. I kept my tablet with me when I was away from the computer in order to keep monitoring the sales, and woke up throughout the night to keep checking on things. That kind of addictiveness is what originally turned me into a booster for the Insomnia sales. But now it's all the fun with the community that I am loathe to miss when sleeping. :)
This thread is still going? O_O

Guess I shouldn't underestimate the power of Insomnia.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
IAmSinistar: Very minimal, only in the most egregious circumstances. We are a self-moderating body, and generally it has worked pretty well.
It has worked for the most part but we can't deny the fact that the forum needs serious attention, what with the constant spam and the easily manipulated rep system once again being abused against quite a few members here.
stg83: It has worked for the most part but we can't deny the fact that the forum needs serious attention, what with the constant spam and the easily manipulated rep system once again being abused against quite a few members here.
They have assigned someone to spam fighting, but that's always going to be an issue. You can make it more spam-hostile by also making it more unfriendly to regular users (such as by using Captcha), but in the end it's something every site has to cope with.

The rep system is a whole 'nother thing. :)
still waiting for Nox!
BillyMaysFan59: This thread is still going? O_O
You should know by now my friend that Insomnia never sleeps. :)
superstande: still waiting for Nox!
It's still on sale.
superstande: still waiting for Nox!
Pardinuz: It's still on sale.
Yep, NOX™ one of the fastest sellers is back in the weekend sale, for all recovering insomniacs. ;)
Post edited March 16, 2015 by stg83
Pardinuz: It's still on sale.
stg83: Yep, NOX™ one of the fastest sellers is back in the weekend sale, for all recovering insomniacs. ;)
oh man really? got Nox from the sale... now just foolin'round...

Exactly!! Look what happened here. Insomnia caused a user to post in the wrong thread ;)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/2014_drmfree_big_fall_sale_8b1f1/post1392
Post edited March 16, 2015 by IwubCheeze
ymerejsasnak: The Insomnia sale was quite misleading in its title! My sleep patterns were hardly affected by it at all.
This sale was a bad example of the hectic nature of Insomnia Sales of the past. Far too many games were Keaning in this sale compared to previous ones (partly because more high-priced games were included than normal), thus giving plenty of opportunity for people to catch a nap. The last Insomnia Sale had my sleep patterns far more erratic than this one.

Don't get me wrong, the sale was still good. Just not great.

This thread will likely continue until the next quarterly sale. In May or so, I think.

I just hope it happens to be on a weekend that I'm not doing something else. I've got 2 cons planned for that month and I'd hate to have to interrupt my heavy drinking to spend time on a GOG sale.
There was a sale? I saw "Insomnia" and went back to sleep.

Read: not really interested in this particular sale methodology. I'm glad it's not a standard thing around here.
stg83: It has worked for the most part but we can't deny the fact that the forum needs serious attention, what with the constant spam and the easily manipulated rep system once again being abused against quite a few members here.
IAmSinistar: They have assigned someone to spam fighting, but that's always going to be an issue. You can make it more spam-hostile by also making it more unfriendly to regular users (such as by using Captcha), but in the end it's something every site has to cope with.

The rep system is a whole 'nother thing. :)
Anti-spam measures are ridiculously easy to implement, so it should never "always" be an issue, and don't require Captcha or anything like that. It can be coded server side and doesn't require any visible change. Simply put a time delay between creating new topics and problem solved. I've suggested this before, from memory in the "We Are(n't) Listening or forum changes thread.

Two of the codes previously linked by me were unused for days. I just checked again and see that Hammerwatch finally got claimed, and yet the magnificent game The Witcher 2 is still unclaimed. I realise that many have it, but surely someone can put it to good use?
Tarnicus: ...
Aren't you supposed to be out there in the wilderness without the comforts of civilization, just you, your girl and the billion poisonous creatures your lovely country has to offer?

;-)