It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ohhhh, so that's when it started! Pretty "good news" indeed.
Thanks for the educational link. :)
Sachys: are in the email from GOG if you signed up for the beta! ;D
IAmSinistar: I thought I did, but perhaps not. GOG emails usually reach me about 5 hours late anyway.

Care to share the contents here? Or is it all NDA-y?
GOG's email didn't contain any details of significance, the only important/useful info in the email is a link pointing to the Galaxy forum thread. The actual announcement with details is public in the forums though so pretty much full public disclosure right from GOG:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post764

:)
Sachys: Pretty sure its all covered by the NDA type thingy (that really isnt an NDA as nobody signed anything).
We see nothing. Nothing!
That is quite a significant update and a plausible reason for the site becoming a little wonky along with the unbundling of games previously mentioned. I had forgotten that I had signed up for the Galaxy Alpha as well. This discussion reminded me about it so I finally downloaded and installed it. :)
stg83: That is quite a significant update and a plausible reason for the site becoming a little wonky along with the unbundling of games previously mentioned. I had forgotten that I had signed up for the Galaxy Alpha as well. This discussion reminded me about it so I finally downloaded and installed it. :)
They don't appear to have started rolling out the unbundled games yet though or at least none of the ones I own ( ~=35% of the catalogue ). Perhaps there is still something yet to announce today... :)
skeletonbow: They don't appear to have started rolling out the unbundled games yet though or at least none of the ones I own ( ~=35% of the catalogue ). Perhaps there is still something yet to announce today... :)
Yeah, I also have more than a couple of bundled game cards on my shelf as well. As of yet still bundled so they are probably going to do it in phases to avoid another Fallout type occurring as a side effect I think. :)
Post edited March 10, 2015 by stg83
Oh yeah, NOW I get a $300 bonus from my job. Rassa frackin... *mumbles*
andysheets1975: Oh yeah, NOW I get a $300 bonus from my job. Rassa frackin... *mumbles*
thats great, now you'll have your own party with cocaine and hookers
IAmSinistar:
NOW dear INSOMNIAC'S,

it's finally time for your award. you were strong and brave, you have survived the keaning, sleep deprivation and madness of a full double insomnia week. therefore you're awarded with the

D.I.S. = Double Insomnia Survivor Title

and recieve your D.I.S. Badge (attached to the post). rest well, you'll soon face the madness of next insomnia.
Attachments:
dis.jpg (271 Kb)
IAmSinistar:
apehater: NOW dear INSOMNIAC'S,

it's finally time for your award. you were strong and brave, you have survived the keaning, sleep deprivation and madness of a full double insomnia week. therefore you're awarded with the

and recieve your D.I.S. Badge (attached to the post). rest well, you'll soon face the madness of next insomnia.
Can I redeem that badge for another Insomnia to hit in May? =)
low rated
Momo1991: Might I point out that YOU blocked me here on GOG first - unblocked me to comment and then reblocked me.
The only thing that requires a response from me is this. I think you are confusing me with lugum. I haven't blocked anyone on GOG. I've been blocked by yourself, Sachys, lugum and a few unnamed scammers and leechers. I don't block people although would love an ignore feature :)

If you hadn't blocked me, I would be responding privately, rather than airing "our" dirty laundry in public. I just can't stand someone who lies being a hypocrite and calling me a liar. I'll leave it at that so you can get your last word in, but please at least be truthful when you do.

PS - Awesome Insomnia sale and I have an amazing time in this thread. Thanks all for making it a wonderful "last sale" for me :)

CarrionCrow: Can I redeem that badge for another Insomnia to hit in May? =)
just to go for sure, there won't be another insomnia this year? i can't survive another one this year, one per year is hard enough.
CarrionCrow: Can I redeem that badge for another Insomnia to hit in May? =)
apehater: just to go for sure, there won't be another insomnia this year? i can't survive another one this year, one per year is hard enough.
Your guess is as good as anyone's I imagine as GOG doesn't pre-announce when their future promos will be or what particular style of promo they'll be. All we have to go on is what they've done in the past and using that to predict what they might do in the future but then we'd have been wrong when the first Insomnia sale happened as there was no precedence for that. Now there have been 3 Insomnia sales to date, one per year since the first. They could space them out like that from now on annually, or they could do them once a month suddenly or even never do one again. There's no way to know really, but hopefully if they do Insomnia promos again they do space them out at least a year apart or more. Anything repeated too often will lose the interest of people that aren't Keane about it. <groaner> :)
IAmSinistar:

Accepted gratefully, thank you. I had no idea what this Double Insomnia thing was when I somehow made my way here a few days ago, why I can't recall. My memory of the last few days is hazy. ;-)

I am normally a very solitary gamer at all the sites I use, keeping my head way below the parapet, and I had never posted in this forum (or any other game forum) before now.

I ended up buying a lot of games, some I had no intention of buying, gifting a few and being generously gifted a few more, and I met some kind, generous and friendly people.

Thank you to all of you for your kindness to one another and to a newbie - but now I can proudly say I'm a newbie with a D.I.S. badge! :-D

Editing to say that I learned something else - how to use the + button, which I am happy to have found, and have made good use of.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by zenwan
I'm looking forward to collating my list of purchases, gifts and remaining codes, and writing up the creative giveaway I have planned whilst in the bush. I think I had more fun (with a good dose of craziness thanks to coffee liqueur!) this Insomnia sale than the first one I partook in :)