It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

apehater: wow hard to believe its hogs of war, this was one of 2 games i bought instanly in the first round. i thought the frame (movie) would be the slowest
Zillatain: Whoops I mess up. I got a hold of the wrong number. The Frame and Neverending Nightmare are worse, but they only had two rounds. Though maybe I should count those and the other two anyway. It'll probably drive me crazy if I keep separating them out.
yeah its hard work to do all the calculations. you don't need to do exceptions regading 2 or 3 rounds:

if there were only 2 rounds for a game, you take the sell time from the 2 rounds and divide it through the number of games sold during the 2 rounds.

if there were 3 rounds for a game, you take the sell time from all 3 rounds and divide it through the number of games sold during all 3 rounds.

the relation (average time to sell 1 unit) in both cases stays the same, the biggest number wins the keane title
Post edited March 10, 2015 by apehater
apehater: wow hard to believe its hogs of war, this was one of 2 games i bought instanly in the first round. i thought the frame (movie) would be the slowest
Zillatain: Whoops I mess up. I got a hold of the wrong number. The Frame and Neverending Nightmare are worse, but they only had two rounds. Though maybe I should count those and the other two anyway. It'll probably drive me crazy if I keep separating them out.
Nice breakdown on the numbers from this sale, thanks for sharing the data! Averages will still be interesting even if some games only had two rounds.
LynetteC: I scored a Critical Hit on AI Wars whilst on stage singing(!)
IAmSinistar: That, my dear, is some hardcore multitasking. :)
I can even tell you the song I was singing - December 63!
apehater: yeah its hard work to do all the calculations. you don't need to do exceptions regading 2 or 3 rounds:

if there were only 2 rounds for a game, you take the sell time from the 2 rounds and divide it through the number of games sold during the 2 rounds.

if there were 3 rounds for a game, you take the sell time from all 3 rounds and divide it through the number of games sold during all 3 rounds.

the relation (average time to sell 1 unit) in both cases stays the same, the biggest number wins the keane title
Since the third rounds were far longer and slower than the first and second rounds, that's going to introduce a giant bias into the numbers. It is reasonable to do it that way, but only if you tag out the two-round games and note that they were spared the indignant, lengthy third-round languishing.
apehater: yeah its hard work to do all the calculations. you don't need to do exceptions regading 2 or 3 rounds:

LinustheBold: Since the third rounds were far longer and slower than the first and second rounds, that's going to introduce a giant bias into the numbers. It is reasonable to do it that way, but only if you tag out the two-round games and note that they were spared the indignant, lengthy third-round languishing.
nope, it almost doesn't matter. i don't want to explain it more detailed, i'm not native english speaker. anyway, to mark the 2 round games is a good idea.

Thanks. I'll mail them back and politely express my disappointment. Maybe they'll change their mind when I point out that I know they've swapped codes for other people.
Post edited March 10, 2015 by LynetteC

LynetteC: Thanks. I'll mail them back and politley express my disappointment. Maybe they'll change their mind when I point out that I know they've swapped codes for other people.
english is not my native language, so i have problems to understand your reply?
CarrionCrow: You can hide the entry if you wish. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

Also? You've managed to beat every single crit attempt I made in the span of that description. -laughs-
LynetteC: hehe I know I can hide it if necessary, but I'm making a point - especially as I know they've already transferred a freebie to a gift code for at least one other person. Just my inner bitch coming out to play! :-/
Hmm. That isn't a manifestation of bitchiness to me. If it's been done for others, it should be done for you as well.

Consistency is always a good thing. (The still cranky person grumbles while considering that they waited 10 months for an Insomnia that got cut off before its conclusion...)
Coelocanth: Hmmm, there has to be a few people out there that want to add Anomaly Defenders to their collection of crap games. They're out there, right? Right, guys? Right?
CarrionCrow: Right, people...If you grab a copy of Anomaly Defenders, you can be as HAPPY as I am about it!

Don't I sound so HAPPY as I describe it?
Doesn't it sound like the kind of game you'll load up and instantly feel HAPPY about?

Course I don't. That's because it fucking sucks, and I was stupid enough to waste irreplaceable hours of my life on it.

I am very goddamn dumb that way sometimes. Don't be dumb like I was.
Whoa!

If I did not know better, Anomaly Defenders has overtaken Fahrenheit as the one to spawn that kind of reaction...

WOW!

(Side note: And I have the game already too! Really trying to own every pile of crap there is LOL )

The_Blog: Had a bad dream, crawled to my PC after waking up. And I see the sale is gone. Without even finishing it. What a bunch of cowards's who can't even go against the smallest of Keaning. We survive them all, but no they have to retreat like like chickens. Anyway I feel bad for anybody who missed the last deals. :/

My final list for the sale:

To make it easier here some symbols :)

F = Freebie (some of my freebies were gifted away)
X = Bought and not activated
H = Games people gifted to me
G = Bought and gifted away
B = Bought and activated

Ok here we go. List of games I got through the sale:

F - Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition
F - Anomaly 2 (If I recall correctly a freebie)
F - Metrocide
F - Drox: Operative
F - Monster Bash
F - Mousecraft (was automaticly activated so I gifted away the copy I had bought as a gift earlier)
F - Cognition: Game of the Year Edition (gifted away to mailman27)
F - Mousecraft (to MarkoH01)

H - Shadowgate (many thanks to MarkoH01 and also kmolloy who also bought me a copy although MarkoH01 was a bit faster)
H - Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood (thanks allot to Ixamyakxim)
H - Defenders Quest (toxicTom gifted it to me, many thanks to him)
H - Din's Curse + DLC: Demon War (thanks to the generous trentonlf :D)

B - Battle Worlds: Kronos (I guess I activated it, I do not remember doing it though)

G - Deponia (to LiefLayer)
G - Thunderscape (to Pardinuz)
G - Mousecraft (to ormaybemidgets)
G - Capsized (Bussiebaer)
G - Riven: The Sequel to Myst (to Jenkinz)
G - Defender's Quest (to CalicoPup)
G - Hammerwatch (to klappis)
G - Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (to miszczu)
G - Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™ (to xenocidic)
G - Papers, Please (to qwerty_84)
G - Mark of the Ninja Special Edition (to Tannath)
G - Gobliiins pack (to MarkoH01)
G - Nox™ (to Ofcoslava)
G - Two Worlds (to Matruchus)
G - Astebreed (to ElTerprise)
G - Risen (to Ruixi)
G - Desktop Dungeons (to MichiGen)
G - Shadowrun Returns (to zomd)
G - Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition (to sztihamer)
G - Jade Empire: Special Edition (to Steeldark1975)
G - I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (to RottenRotz)
G - Nox™ (to Imago)
G - Corsairs Gold (to ALH)
G - Risen (to Matruchus)
G - Freedom Planet (to SortaSane)
G - Spellforce Platinum (to Rievier)
G - Battle Worlds: Kronos (to Gamertist, not redeemed yet)
G - Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (to Khajiin)

X - Braveland Wizard
X - Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms
X - STAR WARS™: X-Wing Special Edition
X - Legend of Grimrock 2
X - Tetrobot and Co.
X - Legend of Kyrandia, The (Book One)
X - Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass - Special Edition
X - Vangers
X - Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion
X - Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition
X - Kentucky Route Zero Season Pass
X - Door Kickers (copy was originally intended for kmolloy since he had to look after his SO in the hospital, but he managed to buy a copy for himself right before the ending of the promo ^^)
X - Door Kickers
X - Gex
X - Astebreed
X - Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
X - Sam & Max Hit the Road
X - Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition (intend to give it away)
X - Shadowrun Returns
X - MIND: Path to Thalamus (gave it to MarkoH01, he gave me back the money)
X - Alan Wake
X - Age of Wonders: III

Conclusion:

8 x Freebies (gifted away 2 of them)
1 x Game bought and activated
3 x Game gifted by MarkoH01, Ixamyakxim, toxicTom and trentonlf . Thank you guys =)
28 x Games bought and gifted away
22 x Games bought and not activated yet
I bow to you - you set the standard on how to HAUL during an Insomnia sale! =)
Post edited March 10, 2015 by jackster79
IAmSinistar: That, my dear, is some hardcore multitasking. :)
LynetteC: I can even tell you the song I was singing - December 63!
I thought I was the oldest person here, but I wasn't even a sparkle in anyone's eyes in '63, let alone singing and keeping track of it!

;)
jackster79: If I did not know better, Anomaly Defenders has overtaken Fahrenheit as the one to spawn that kind of reaction...
Well, I liked Fahrenheit (despite its undeniable flaws). To each his own, I guess.
jackster79: If I did not know better, Anomaly Defenders has overtaken Fahrenheit as the one to spawn that kind of reaction...
Chandoraa: Well, I liked Fahrenheit (despite its undeniable flaws). To each his own, I guess.
To clarify, it is not I that dislikes Fahrenheit - I still have it on my desktop in my list to play.

Carrion, on the other hand, that game has a special place in his heart. :-p
jackster79: To clarify, it is not I that dislikes Fahrenheit - I still have it on my desktop in my list to play.
Is Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy? Or is it a rename of that awful bad / awful good game where you play the crazy detective based in the giant hotel, in that open world "Alan Wake" sort of town?

I will say, I do know how to do averages, and I had already figured the average for the ones with only two rounds or from missing data. I was discounting them because the the comparisons were not identical is all.

It's probably pointless to do that in actuality. But I will mark them when I put them in an easier to read list. Hopefully I'll be able to post that list tomorrow.

Zillatain: I will say, I do know how to do averages, and I had already figured the average for the ones with only two rounds or from missing data. I was discounting them because the the comparisons were not identical is all.

It's probably pointless to do that in actuality. But I will mark them when I put them in an easier to read list. Hopefully I'll be able to post that list tomorrow.
i got the numbers that i wanted from your list, thanks. slowest sold number per minute is:

1. lumino city

2. anomaly defenders

3. the frame