It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Guys, I have a question, unrelated to the sale, but quite worrying - I noticed my Fallout 1 have gone missing from my library and the titles have rearranged, leaving an open space among the games. Can those of you who have the game check if the same happened with them? I am a bit shocked atm and I wonder if it's a temporary glitch or something worse.

Edit: Come on now, I opened my library again and Fallout just reappeared. My game count also went +1 compared to 5 mins ago when I wrote this. Is this common? I personally don't remember experiencing something like that before.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by mm3n
CarrionCrow: A quick note regarding Anomaly Defenders -
<snip>
Suicidal cows on their way to the local slaughterhouse seemed less eager to die than my empty-headed opponents, and so I obliged them.

Anything to make the game end.
Best or perhaps most honest game review ever. :) Haven't tried the game myself but I can tell you did it so nobody else has to so thanks for that. Game removed from my wishlist. :)
Awh, I was hoping I'd catch the end (even if it turned out to be a bit of a damp squib) but it seems to have been stopped while I was still sleeping...

Oh well, I have to say of all the sales GoG have had since I've been here I've enjoyed this one the most, patiently waiting through the first round to see what games were coming up, grabbing the ones I really wanted and then waiting for others in rounds two and three, plus the chance of critical hits. Actually having a bit of money to spend (and low prices I could afford) helped too.

And the company in this thread has been awesome, lots of really great and generous people as always.

See you all next sale I suppose ;)
mm3n: Guys, I have a question, unrelated to the sale, but quite worrying - I noticed my Fallout 1 have gone missing from my library and the titles have rearranged, leaving an open space among the games. Can those of you who have the game check if the same happened with them? I am a bit shocked atm and I wonder if it's a temporary glitch or something worse.
Mines still there, but I do seem to remember seeing a thread where someone else had said the same thing...
Post edited March 09, 2015 by adaliabooks
mm3n: Guys, I have a question, unrelated to the sale, but quite worrying - I noticed my Fallout 1 have gone missing from my library and the titles have rearranged, leaving an open space among the games. Can those of you who have the game check if the same happened with them? I am a bit shocked atm and I wonder if it's a temporary glitch or something worse.
Just checked.Mine is still in the shelf.But this glitch has happened before.I wouldn't worry too much, i'm sure it will return soon.
Bug in GOG's web code, they're aware of it and presumably working on it. The Fallout games magically disappear and reappear at seemingly random intervals. I don't know if they've spoken publicly about it or not much though but it'd be nice if they sorted these bugs out because some parts of the website act like they're in perpetual beta or something. :)

If you don't want to wait it out, just contact support and let them know. I imagine the more support messages they get about a given issue the more priority goes into fixing it.
skeletonbow: Bug in GOG's web code, they're aware of it and presumably working on it. The Fallout games magically disappear and reappear at seemingly random intervals. I don't know if they've spoken publicly about it or not much though but it'd be nice if they sorted these bugs out because some parts of the website act like they're in perpetual beta or something. :)
The community wishlist is still on beta.
ALH: Just checked.Mine is still in the shelf.But this glitch has happened before.I wouldn't worry too much, i'm sure it will return soon.
It just did indeed, but left me baffled for a minute. I also have another empty space among the games given away by GOG to all members, the ones marked with a green Free tag on the top left corner. It has been like that for days and I have no idea what game went missing or if it will come back as well. It doesn't look like I can fill in that empty space on the shelf either, every time I manually reorder them and refresh, it goes back to the previous state. GOG is being glitchy. :/

skeletonbow: Bug in GOG's web code, they're aware of it and presumably working on it. The Fallout games magically disappear and reappear at seemingly random intervals. I don't know if they've spoken publicly about it or not much though but it'd be nice if they sorted these bugs out because some parts of the website act like they're in perpetual beta or something. :)

If you don't want to wait it out, just contact support and let them know. I imagine the more support messages they get about a given issue the more priority goes into fixing it.
So it sounds like it's quite common? Need to message support probably anyway as you suggest, even though it was fixed on it's own. It shouldn't be doing that and if it's a known issue it should have been fixed. Hopefully eventually it will.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by mm3n
Grargar: The community wishlist is still on beta.
The entire website must be deployed from the branch of the codebase that the wishlist is implemented in then. :)
skeletonbow: The entire website must be deployed from the branch of the codebase that the wishlist is implemented in then. :)
Spoiler: GOG never left beta.

Edit: Come on now, I opened my library again and Fallout just reappeared. My game count also went +1 compared to 5 mins ago when I wrote this. Is this common? I personally don't remember experiencing something like that before.
When you first posted I had a quick look and yes, mine had disappeared with an empty spot remaining. By the time I hit reply your Edit had come in and I refreshed and yes, my Fallout 1 had also reappeared and the number of games had incremented by one. Kept screenshots for evidence.

So it wasn't just you. :-)
ALH: Just checked.Mine is still in the shelf.But this glitch has happened before.I wouldn't worry too much, i'm sure it will return soon.
mm3n: It just did indeed, but left me baffled for a minute. I also have another empty space among the games given away by GOG to all members, the ones marked with a green Free tag on the top left corner. It has been like that for days and I have no idea what game went missing or if it will come back as well. It doesn't look like I can fill in that empty space on the shelf either, every time I manually reorder them and refresh, it goes back to the previous state. GOG is being glitchy. :/
I've seen that also. I have 336 games and right now only 335 show up on my library shelf, and 236 in GOG Galaxy. Ones missing in one may show up still in the other, it's very weird. My guess is that they're updating the website code over time for Galaxy and it is changing and breaking the site in subtle ways that take time to fix, but I doubt they'd give that level of internal details about it. I wouldn't worry about losing any of your games permanently or anything like that though, these glitches come and go lately and hopefully will get resolved soon. If you want to actually play any of the games that seem to flake out regularly, I'd recommend downloading them when they do show up so you have a local copy when the website flakes out. ;)
mm3n: It just did indeed, but left me baffled for a minute. I also have another empty space among the games given away by GOG to all members, the ones marked with a green Free tag on the top left corner. It has been like that for days and I have no idea what game went missing or if it will come back as well. It doesn't look like I can fill in that empty space on the shelf either, every time I manually reorder them and refresh, it goes back to the previous state. GOG is being glitchy. :/

mm3n: So it sounds like it's quite common? Need to message support probably anyway as you suggest, even though it was fixed on it's own. It shouldn't be doing that and if it's a known issue it should have been fixed. Hopefully eventually it will.
Now my Fallout copy just vanished!:D
ALH: Now my Fallout copy just vanished!:D
Hahaha, I refreshed and my game count also dropped by one and Fallout is missing on my shelf on the website, but it shows up in GOG Galaxy still just fine (restarted Galaxy to make sure).

MsParanoid: When you first posted I had a quick look and yes, mine had disappeared with an empty spot remaining. By the time I hit reply your Edit had come in and I refreshed and yes, my Fallout 1 had also reappeared and the number of games had incremented by one. Kept screenshots for evidence.

So it wasn't just you. :-)
Good to know that. xD But as we speak, Fallout went missing again.

Come on now, GOG, get your **** together. :/
ALH: Now my Fallout copy just vanished!:D
Mine as well.