It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mister-Gosh: Well, I can live without it, as with any game. But I still wish I had bought it. If you're on the fence about gifting it to me, don't, I mean I just expressed my disappointment here, I wasn't fishing for gifts.
PalioDeMonte: Okay, then I'll try it myself :D
Didn't see it as fishing, just wanted to be shure you're not too sad ;)
Try it! You won't regret.
It's a very unique platformer. One of my favorites.
Niggles: Ill tell you what, i hope GOG explains why they ended it early. i dont think its fair for a promo to be ended for any reason
They announced it as a 96hr promo IIRC, was it shorter than that? I never bothered to check to be honest.
Niggles: Ill tell you what, i hope GOG explains why they ended it early. i dont think its fair for a promo to be ended for any reason
skeletonbow: They announced it as a 96hr promo IIRC, was it shorter than that? I never bothered to check to be honest.
As far as I know the Twitch stream was 96h and not the Insomnia promo, there was no definite end to it.
Mister-Gosh: That's kind, haha. I guess I'll grab it anyway, just because reasons. Nah I'm not sad, it's been a wonderful experience, I sure will miss these boards though !
D'accord, this thread was pure fun!
Although it is sad who it ended im quite happy with insomnia promo apart from spending waaay to much money :).

Here's my final haul:

I bought:
AI War: Fleet Command Collection
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obsura
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut
Banished
Battle World: Kronos
Children of the Nile Complete
Defender's Quest
Driftmoon
Halfway
Hammerwatch
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Inquisitor
Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest
Metrocide
Nox (of course :P)
Pixeljunk Shooter
Risen
Robin Hood. The Legend of Sherwood Forest
Shadowgate Special Edition
Shadowrun Returns
Spacecom
Spellforce Platinum
Terraria
The Last Express
The Last Federation
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Gifts:
A Bird Story (to LiefLayer)
Defender's Quest (to WildHobgoblin)
Halfway (to Klumpen0815)
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition (to ToxicTom)
MIND: Path to Thalamus (to stg83)

Gifted to me:
Astebreed (Thanks to The_Blog)
Kentucky Route Zero Season Pass (Thanks to Dgmfresh)
Smugglers V (Thanks to Matruchus)

Critical Hit:
Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition

I hope i didn't forget to mention anybody who i gifted or they gifted me a game.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by ElTerprise
PalioDeMonte: Okay, then I'll try it myself :D
Didn't see it as fishing, just wanted to be shure you're not too sad ;)
Mister-Gosh: That's kind, haha. I guess I'll grab it anyway, just because reasons. Nah I'm not sad, it's been a wonderful experience, I sure will miss these boards though !
What's stopping you from being here outside of Insomnia?
skeletonbow: They announced it as a 96hr promo IIRC, was it shorter than that? I never bothered to check to be honest.
moonshineshadow: As far as I know the Twitch stream was 96h and not the Insomnia promo, there was no definite end to it.
I just finished looking it up and you are indeed correct. The Insomnia announcement said that the promo would continue until "every single unit was sold", but nowhere do they mention how many units were to be offered up for sale either. I think everyone assumed there would be 3 complete rotations of the game lists because that is how past promos were done, and that was probably GOG's intention also, but they probably also had a limited time range to do the promo within agreements with publishers too, and the promo probably ran longer than they anticipated.

That's the nature of a sale like this that is unit-limited instead of time limited for given games, is that they can not predict how long a sale promo will last, meaning it could either end before they intend, or continue past their negotiated window of time which I suspect is what happened here.

I can't imagine GOG purposefully killing a promo like this ahead of time if they didn't have to anyway, it's either intentional to meet contractual obligations or a glitch in their system, either being equally plausible I imagine. I doubt there was any "hey guys, lets cut the promo off short and piss everyone off that was hoping for their game to come up, come on it'll be fun and we can all laugh in the cafeteria about it during lunch" going on. Seriously. :)
Shadow Man sent, and if neither replies here about Jade Empire will flip a coin on my end. Bard's Tale still unclaimed.
Geralt_of_Rivia: What's stopping you from being here outside of Insomnia?
Being a single dad looking for a job. That's quite time consuming to search for employment given the current situation here.
I allowed myself a few days off, but I cannot keep it up. And you know how internet works, there's no such thing as "ok, just ten minutes"...
skeletonbow: I can't imagine GOG purposefully killing a promo like this ahead of time if they didn't have to anyway, it's either intentional to meet contractual obligations or a glitch in their system, either being equally plausible I imagine. I doubt there was any "hey guys, lets cut the promo off short and piss everyone off that was hoping for their game to come up, come on it'll be fun and we can all laugh in the cafeteria about it during lunch" going on. Seriously. :)
I don't think anybody seriously believes that. :-)
INFERNO.COP: Shadow Man sent, and if neither replies here about Jade Empire will flip a coin on my end. Bard's Tale still unclaimed.
Hey, just read about your 8-crit haul, congrats on that! Nice stroke of coincidence in your favour!
moonshineshadow: As far as I know the Twitch stream was 96h and not the Insomnia promo, there was no definite end to it.
skeletonbow: I just finished looking it up and you are indeed correct. The Insomnia announcement said that the promo would continue until "every single unit was sold", but nowhere do they mention how many units were to be offered up for sale either. I think everyone assumed there would be 3 complete rotations of the game lists because that is how past promos were done, and that was probably GOG's intention also, but they probably also had a limited time range to do the promo within agreements with publishers too, and the promo probably ran longer than they anticipated.

That's the nature of a sale like this that is unit-limited instead of time limited for given games, is that they can not predict how long a sale promo will last, meaning it could either end before they intend, or continue past their negotiated window of time which I suspect is what happened here.

I can't imagine GOG purposefully killing a promo like this ahead of time if they didn't have to anyway, it's either intentional to meet contractual obligations or a glitch in their system, either being equally plausible I imagine. I doubt there was any "hey guys, lets cut the promo off short and piss everyone off that was hoping for their game to come up, come on it'll be fun and we can all laugh in the cafeteria about it during lunch" going on. Seriously. :)
Yeah this all sounds quite plausible.Although, especially in the digital age, nothing is stopping GOG from instantly releasing a quick statement concerning the issue.Just to clarify.
skeletonbow: I can't imagine GOG purposefully killing a promo like this ahead of time if they didn't have to anyway, it's either intentional to meet contractual obligations or a glitch in their system, either being equally plausible I imagine. I doubt there was any "hey guys, lets cut the promo off short and piss everyone off that was hoping for their game to come up, come on it'll be fun and we can all laugh in the cafeteria about it during lunch" going on. Seriously. :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: I don't think anybody seriously believes that. :-)
You're probably right... but the real question is... will it stop them from making one of them awesome Hitler meme Youtube videos? hehehehe

ALH: Yeah this all sounds quite plausible.Although, especially in the digital age, nothing is stopping GOG from instantly releasing a quick statement concerning the issue.Just to clarify.
They'll probably say something in one of the forum threads today I imagine, it's Monday morning though... they probably need to nurse their hangovers first. :)
Post edited March 09, 2015 by skeletonbow
Good morning all. I see the promo has ended rather unexpectedly.
Guess now is the time to take a few days off from work to actually play some games.
Not the ones I bought mind you; I just bought those to make sure my backlog doesn't shrink too much :)
INFERNO.COP: Shadow Man sent, and if neither replies here about Jade Empire will flip a coin on my end. Bard's Tale still unclaimed.
skeletonbow: Hey, just read about your 8-crit haul, congrats on that! Nice stroke of coincidence in your favour!
Ha, thanks. Two of those came minutes apart from one another. So yeah, pretty sure I used up a whole year's worth of magical sand. Heh.