It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cecil: Should be a good one I'm guessing due to sales. Any ETA on when the next one will be?
Sachys: its on now!
Thanks for the heads up I missed the last one due to following prior BBBBoB thread.
Shendue: Considering they didn't even bother ending the third round this time, i guess we won't be seeing another Insomnia promo anytime soon.
cecil: Wonder if there will be any "official" word later why they just needed it so abruptly. Wonder what the "Staff picks" will be for this week will be.
Maybe the sale runs on autopilot and the program just endet.
Well, this blows. Night all! :D
stg83: Haha...indeed, the developers should own up to the terribleness of their game.
Looks like you haven't slept either. Were you waiting for a particular game in 3rd round?
high rated
It's annoying when things just randomly end, but in GOG's defense,
227: It's annoying when things just randomly end, but in GOG's defense,
That's the best defense speech I've ever read.
Edit: I freaking hate when i get double posts by error.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by Shendue
Must admit I was a bit surprised by some of the quantities shoved out in the third "Fresh" round, even several games who already took ages to sell out in round 2 got quantity increases (and predictably took even longer).
CarrionCrow: Holy shit....

Okay, GOG. I wasn't expecting you all to pull the plug. Damn.

Fucking hell, I wanted to see if Anomaly Defenders would finally usurp the throne of abject failure from Jack Keane.
You and me :(
Morning all. Just woke to check what's on turn and what was my surprise that nothing :/
This madness is over. Thanks gog for awesome week I spent with you.
xep624: GOG.com HAS TO STICK to DRM-FREE policy - otherwise 80% of its customers will go away... to Steam - or Steam selling vendors (Gamersgate.com, greenmangaming.com, humble bundle and others smaller ones). Geralt_of_Rivia is right - GOG.com has to have USP to stick around in this industry. Steam was a monopolist and I remeber ages ago when GOG.com goal was to become number 2 in digital games distribution. To become number one that is a task that looks impossible - the whole industry would have to change....
I agree with that, GOG's predominant unique selling point is of course DRM-free and without that the incentive to shop here goes way way way down. While everything on Steam is not DRM laden, I would think that most people who prefer to shop here not only prefer DRM-free but also prefer the ability to direct download from the website and some even feel that just having to use the Steam client to download and install a game is itself DRM. Without mincing words or debating about that, it can be agreed that some people find the necessity to use the Steam client to be an inconvenience and would like to avoid it, and so that is a GOG selling point as well.

For those people who either don't care about DRM, or whom prefer DRM-free but still buy some things that may have certain types of DRM, they generally have no problem shopping on Steam and if their choice is between buying a game with DRM on GOG or one on Steam, as it stands right now all things considered in the DRM-laden world Steam has a lot more to offer in terms of service and convenience to a lot more people than GOG does, so having DRM content on GOG would not only cause a massive boycott by a large number of users, but the remaining potential customers would likely buy DRM content from Steam instead of GOG anyway, leaving GOG with a much much smaller piece of the overall pie.

In short, DRM content on GOG would not likely sell too well for the products that have it, and it would have a negative impact on all other product offerings that don't have it due to the inevitable mass exodus that would occur. As their pie slice shrunk, there would be less incentive for game developers to consider releasing games here at all period let alone DRM-free, and GOG would likely shrivel up into nothingness not long after.

So I don't really worry about DRM coming here for that reason, it would be a death knell. If GOG's business ended up doing so poorly that it came down to that, they would more likely just go out of business than attempt to sell DRM content IMHO, but regardless of what they chose they'd probably go out of business either way by choice or by loss of customer loyalty and market share.
Anyone currently sitting here wondering what's happening, feel free to go here and state your interest in an answer.
Well I am off to bed before I end up with serious health issues due to the lack of sleep, as this is the longest I have gone without sleeping this whole insomnia week. It was absolutely a real pleasure interacting with all the wonderful folks, both familiar and new. My thanks once again to everyone involved in tracking and statistics, also really appreciated the many fascinating and humorous conversations, anecdotes and general insanity that results from sleep deprivation. Looking forward to do it all over again and seeing everyone for more insomnia madness next time. :)
Okay then...

I will try and get my stats of the sale into a thread tomorrow...(looks at time)...or possibly today.

I'm close to getting it into a mostly usable format to figure out anything I want. Not much more I need to do. I'll probably working on it a bit more tonight (to me), or I may just say the hell with it and get some sleep.

Check out the Insane Stats Spreadsheet if you dare.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by Zillatain
huN73R: Looks like you haven't slept either. Were you waiting for a particular game in 3rd round?
No I wasn't actually I was downloading something that I needed to check before going to bed and it took a lot longer then I expected. Sorry that you didn't get another shot at The Banner Saga.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by stg83