It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's over? I guess I should have gotten AVGN: The Movie the first time I saw it come up.
Nope, they just disappears....
And its gone!

- games on the list still?!
ZaineH: It's over? I guess I should have gotten AVGN: The Movie the first time I saw it come up.
well my first post on it disappeared - guess they didnt like the phrase "dont start some bollocks unless you'll finish it you twats!"

edit: oh, I see its hidden behind a wall of text quoting. nevermind!
Post edited March 09, 2015 by Sachys
Dalthnock: <snip>
Remember, region-free DVDs are a thing. They didn't appear out of thin air, out of kindness from the big studios or because everyone was buying indie films.

There is a way to make distributors notice what you want. But you have to hurt them where they care.
You bring up a very good point that I had thoughts of as well but hadn't turned into words, which is that when you want to convince someone to do something you want to have happen, and which they may at least start out in opposition to, you get further by showing them how their own goals are achieved in ways that matter to them if they work towards doing things that you want. This is how to win any negotiation, show the opponent that your solution will lead to their end goal in a way that they can see themselves as viable and get what they want.

If we ignore what the other party wants and just tell them what we want and how we want it and don't seem to show any concern over their own needs/goals, then we fail to convey a useful argument to convince them to change what we see as the err in their ways, and any expectations we have to see them change to do what we want are unrealistic and unlikely to happen.

So the way to make distributors notice what you want, is to first know what it is that they actually want (not just random assumptions), and to let them know how they can get what they want an alternative way that allows you to also get what you want. Threatening them wont hurt them and is a false/bogus threat unless you are a massive force they can't ignore, especially if they hold all the cards. Fighting them wont likely hurt them either if you are a fly and they have a fly swatter. One has to go about it more intellectually than brute force to win against such an enemy. Again, Sun Tzu is fitting here.
Sachys: And its gone!

ZaineH: It's over? I guess I should have gotten AVGN: The Movie the first time I saw it come up.
Sachys: well my first post on it disappeared - guess they didnt like the phrase "dont start some bollocks unless you'll finish it you twats!"
I still see it there.
Sachys: Am I mistaken, or were there things still on the list before they finished then they finished!

Old British saying: Dont start some bollocks unless you're willing to finish it!
Well said. :)
pengchi87: Bought a copy of Lumino City to help end the Keaning!
trentonlf: I think that was a good buy, looks like a gorgeous game to play
If I weren't $50 in the hole already, I'd be pretty tempted. Quite a few adventure games this sale that I'd probably pick up if I could go back in time and not buy a few of the other things I did buy ;)
Sachys: And its gone!

Sachys: well my first post on it disappeared - guess they didnt like the phrase "dont start some bollocks unless you'll finish it you twats!"

edit: oh, I see its hidden behind a wall of text quoting. nevermind!
GOG gave up on insomnia due to not wanting 3 promos at once is my best guess.
Sachys: Am I mistaken, or were there things still on the list before they finished then they finished!

Old British saying: Dont start some bollocks unless you're willing to finish it!
So it's over or can it be a glitch? I was waiting for Banner the whole night. It's past 10:30 A.M here now. :(
LOL did it just end?

huN73R: So it's over or can it be a glitch? I was waiting for Banner the whole night. It's past 10:30 A.M here now. :(
that was on about...
four / five hours ago
INSOMIA ENDED???
ZaineH: Well said. :)
Worked on WW2 I suppose! O____o?
Ixamyakxim: LOL did it just end?
Seems so. Kinda went out with a whimper.

Still, I'd say it was a rousing success for the first 4 days...kinda petered out into the weekend.
Gnostic: INSOMIA ENDED???
GOGbears EVERYWHERE!

...just... GONE!
Ragnarblackmane: Might be worth checking the "Gog Gifting" thread, you never know when someone might somehow still be without it after a bazillion free copies have been given away over the years. :)
LordBarker: Ya I'll probably do that.
Or you could give them to Sachys or foxworks for the BBBBoB Giveaway