It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WildHobgoblin: As the thread seems to be emptying, I might as well take my leave... (don't wanna be stuck here with the Scary Ones)
I bid you farewell, fellow insomniacs!

Oh, and if the Witcher 3 shows up, please pick up a spare for me :)
Good evening... :)
WildHobgoblin: As the thread seems to be emptying, I might as well take my leave... (don't wanna be stuck here with the Scary Ones)
I bid you farewell, fellow insomniacs!

Oh, and if the Witcher 3 shows up, please pick up a spare for me :)
Joh is gebongt ;-P
ZaineH: Conflicted over Age of Wonders 3. My heart says yes and my budget says hell no. :)
Absolutely the same here! :-)
The_Blog: Stop it >.<
I know it is good. And that kinda makes it harder ^^
The problem is that I already see myself not playing it at all because I have so many other games and will simply forget about it :S
KunoNoOni: I do see your point, I am not as strong as you. I have MANY games here on GOG and on Steam and in my own collection that I may never get to play. But it makes me feel secure to know that I do have it if I ever do decide to play it.
You did it. YOU DID IT. You pulled my wallet out of my HEART.
MY HEART...ARE YOU HAPPY? I HOPE YOU ARE...I REALLY DO. BECAUSE YOU CREATED A HAPPINESS BALANCE PROBLEM. BECAUSE I AM NOT HAPPY AND NOW IM TALKING JIBERISH IN CAPS. DAMN I THINK MY KEYBOARD BROKE.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by The_Blog
Hey, on a little side note. Did anyone buy any games from the weekend Retro Gem promotion sale?
I got myself Challenge of the Five Realms while there was a Keane on. :P
JDelekto: I make it habit to not listen to REM before going to bed.
blakstar: OK -- you win on that basis :-D
Well, to be honest I like REM, but I had to start getting into the habit of not listening to music before bedtime, sometimes the earwigs invade.
Crewdroog: you know what was my first introduction to gog? the last spring insomnia sale. meeeemmmoriesssss.......
jackster79: Your sophmore sale, eh?

Nothing ever quite feels the same as the freshman experience...

Still, I would say from reading these posts you have made significant contributions to this one being memorable indeed!
junior. i was here for the fall one. that is all a crazy blur too. wait, there WAS a fall one, right? lol

aw shucks, thanks. i enjoy being a raving lunatic.
CarrionCrow: Not exactly an exciting story, just me preaching/bitching/noticing that no one older than 12 had a smile that actually reached their eyes, that the whole thing was a hollow playground for adults to get price gouged to death.

The janitors that kept coming by every minute and a half were my sign that someone was getting antsy about me blabbing away. -laughs-
Crewdroog: hahaha, nice! taking on the mouse, that be dangerous. i know someone who works for them. the rules for employees are crazy.
-laughs- If I ever get another opportunity to actually hit one of those southern California theme parks, I'm going to Magic Mountain. Or Great America. (Assuming those two are still in business.)

I didn't have patience for Disneyland then, and that happened nearly 15 years ago.
KunoNoOni: I do see your point, I am not as strong as you. I have MANY games here on GOG and on Steam and in my own collection that I may never get to play. But it makes me feel secure to know that I do have it if I ever do decide to play it.
The_Blog: You did it. YOU DID IT. You pulled my wallet out of my HEART.
MY HEART...ARE YOU HAPPY? I HOPE YOU ARE...I REALLY DO. BECAUSE YOU CREATED A HAPPINESS BALANCE PROBLEM. BECAUSE I AM NOT HAPPY AND NOW IM TALKING JIBERISH IN CAPS. DAMN I THINK MY KEYBOARD BROKE.
Are you the Death of the Discworld?
8! Games! Only! Gone!

Wading through mud.
jackster79: Your sophmore sale, eh?

Nothing ever quite feels the same as the freshman experience...

Still, I would say from reading these posts you have made significant contributions to this one being memorable indeed!
blakstar: Yeah, painfully memorable :-D
hey now, don't make me start singing! :)
Getcomposted: Hey, on a little side note. Did anyone buy any games from the weekend Retro Gem promotion sale?
Got that one and Journeyman Project 3 (to complete the set - had the other two).

Also picked up (and am currently playing) Sokobond. An enjoyable little chemistry-themed puzzler (and one needs 0 knowlege to play).
Dalthnock: About indie movies, though... be realistic. Nobody cares about them. Especially when there are so many good movies dating back all the way to the 30s. Why would I want to watch some mushroom-trip independent film when I can watch a Hammer film for free any time I want?

And I'll keep doing it until I can get a legal copy that I can OWN. Not just rent. And if some countries get it first, so be it. Eventually, most countries will get them as well. But it has to start somewhere.
To be honest, I prefer a good indie movie over a Hollywood movie most of the time. I still go to the cinema at least once a week and most of the stuff I watch are indie movies. There is so much fantastic stuff from all around the world (especially Asia, South America and also from North and South Europe) that most people never hear of and that is absolutely worth watching.

These are the movies that GOG can get (and while most of them are not English, there are often at least English subtitles because publishers tried to sell them or showed them on international festivals) and these are the people that are most probably willing to distribute their movies DRM-free and worldwide. Use them to show the big studios that money can be made with such a business model and maybe they will follow.
Getcomposted: Hey, on a little side note. Did anyone buy any games from the weekend Retro Gem promotion sale?
Oh, I knew that there was something else happening here, too!
The_Blog: You did it. YOU DID IT. You pulled my wallet out of my HEART.
ViktorDavion: Are you the Death of the Discworld?
Does Death have a keyboard?
btw. are we back to Discoworld now? ^^
Post edited March 09, 2015 by The_Blog