It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The_Blog: I really like her way to act. She has a cool personality and acts quite snappishly.
But tbh. although I like the city guards books the most I could simply not call a favourite character out of alle the great characters Pratchet created. There are jsut way way too many good ones.
KunoNoOni: Why are there no movies about Discworld?
There are. Several in fact.
The_Blog: There are.
There are?
There are! Color of Magic, Hogfather, and Going Postal all live-action, and some stuff animated.
dgwake: My backlog is so bad any crit I get (excluding PIXELJUNK SHOOTER) will be gifted asap
Nvm
Post edited March 09, 2015 by WildHobgoblin
ymerejsasnak: Hi people! To confirm: I missed my chance at FTL and Tetrobot? (I was out and my phone is a piece of crap and wouldn't let me sign in to GOG!!!) I'll be okay (I swear I will!) as long as I at least catch Blocks that Matter.
I have been sitting here since friday night wait for Blocks that Matter. All I can say is soon...
dgwake: The game is cheaper at chechyourPM.com
My first crit in two days
phaolo: Thank you!
However.. It's the 2nd time I ask for info and people send me games.. I feel a bit guilty O_o'
Are you really sure that you don't want it?
Don't feel guilty it was a crit for me and I would like the game to go to someone who might get some enjoyment out of it instead of sitting in my collection like a useless Pokemon.
Plus gifting with a stupid joke or comment is half the fun of this sale.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by dgwake
I've been working my way through rereading the entire series in chronological order (currently up to Carpe Jugulum)

well there's been some tv specials iirc. Hogfather, Color of Magic, and Going Postal at least.
skeletonbow: ...
Dalthnock: ...
Now SB... don't let me discourage you, you're doing a helluva job, but let's see how long until you break when you realise that, - unlike me, who actually agrees with you in all levels - most people just won't read your post & will reply with a "yeah, but i dot wanna rejunal movies".
What? We all read every word of skeletonbow's words!

Plus we read everything everyone writes here too... and we remember things people say! :D
... and do!
Post edited March 09, 2015 by GhostwriterDoF
KunoNoOni: ..
Stick with the books, the movies are mediocre.
Ragnarblackmane: There are! Color of Magic, Hogfather, and Going Postal all live-action, and some stuff animated.
I watched an animated one on youtube 2 days ago. And it was really badly animated and many jokes were lost sadly. But it was still kinda charming, but nothing I would recommend. ^^
Dalthnock: ...
Now SB... don't let me discourage you, you're doing a helluva job, but let's see how long until you break when you realise that, - unlike me, who actually agrees with you in all levels - most people just won't read your post & will reply with a "yeah, but i dot wanna rejunal movies".
GhostwriterDoF: What? We all read every word of skeletonbow's words!

Plus we read everything everyone writes here too... and we remember things people say! :D
aw crap.
Ragnarblackmane: There are! Color of Magic, Hogfather, and Going Postal all live-action, and some stuff animated.
And they're actually pretty decent!
Dalthnock: I know that. And there are many, many ways to circumvent hardware regional locks.

Just think how much easier it is to do it with DRM-free files.

Dudes, you gotta think outside the box. Only be getting "creative" can you tell big corporations that you can & are willing to sodomize them just as bad as they want to sodomize you.

To those people waiting for *the law* to do your work for you, allow me to boisterously laugh in your infantile faces.
xep624: I agree with you man - sometimes it so frustrating here in Australia - some TV shows or movies are released years later after they premiere in other parts of the world or they don't get released at all. Thanks to Blu-ray (only three region codes) many people buy TV shows directly from UK, so the Australian publisher is loosing money and customers. People with good internet can watch stuff or download it from the net.
The digital distribution of movies and TV shows is going to drastically change the entertainment industry and many CEOs are afraid of that. Plus DRM-free is something that they are scared of - they think it's like legalizing piracy....
However the story of GOG.com should prove the point that in the long term DRM-free is the way to go - customers are happy, creators are happy and everyone is a winner!
See? SEE? You GET it! If they don't make it available to you because stupidity, you get creative!

Sooner or later, they'll realise you want to play, but not by their rules. How do you think region-free DVDs came about?

Look, if you don't buy, they'll simply come to the conclusion that it's not profitable & stop making them altogether.

HOWEVER, if you get them by other means, you'll show them that there's a market, IF they play ball.

And that's what I'm saying. Let GOG get the big movies. They'll be DRM-free... I'm sure you can think of ways to get the ones that are unavailable to you. Do it enough & voila! They end up being available for EVERYONE.

Magic.
toxicTom: Get the English originals. The translations aren't bad per se, but a lot of the word plays get lost.
Dalthnock: This is true.

Terry Pratchett is very punny. If you get a translated book, you will miss half the jokes. Not that that's a bad thing, mind... some of the jokes are very, very bad. Which is why I can't stop reading his books.
PS: I would say the ifrst books are quite well translated (A. Brandhorst), but there are people which say best translations are the older ones from Dagmar Hartmann
Matruchus: But there are:

- Hogfather: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765458/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- The Colour of Magic: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079959/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
I see they were TV Movies, are they on DVD/Blue Ray?