It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

any idea how many games left?
Note: I am NOT hinting, I'm simply curious.

What other game(s) is FTL like? I've heard that it's incredibly good, but I'm not very much into sci-fi (games like The Swapper notwithstanding)
masterotaku: Imagine an app for these insomnia sales. When whatever game you want appears, the phone rings. Even silent autobuy options would be good.
Somebody made a Python script that plays an alarm YouTube video whenever a game you entered as being interested in shows up. I'm sure somebody'll find the link around here...
xupacabra: any idea how many games left?
17 games, 3 movies.
genkicolleen: Note: I am NOT hinting, I'm simply curious.

What other game(s) is FTL like? I've heard that it's incredibly good, but I'm not very much into sci-fi (games like The Swapper notwithstanding)
It's really fun. I'm not sure I can name any other games that it's like. I guess you could say it's like Star Trek: Bridge Commander, but with the ability to pause and issue commands while paused and without maneuverability.
Cavalary: You got it :)
There seems to be a bug here though, I'm not getting an achievement icon for it. Damn all of these free to play mmos are pay to win even for achievements.

stg83: Haha...can't believe you got both 10k and 20k, nicely done. :)
Thanks, got to go to sleep now. Hope Neverending Nightmares shows up and stays for the next 8 hours along with a movie or something. lol

Getcomposted: +4!
Nailed it!

It is great but also a bit brutal when you make mistakes in planning and spending resources. Definitely worth it. Not too much sci-fi -ey, it's more of an exploration based rouguelike with lots of strategy and planning required during battles. Lots of micromanaging.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by huN73R

it's kind of like a star trek ish bridge/crew/ship system simulation + roguelike?
xenocidic: It's really fun. I'm not sure I can name any other games that it's like. I guess you could say it's like Star Trek: Bridge Commander, but with the ability to pause and issue commands while paused and without maneuverability.
mrcrispy83: it's kind of like a star trek ish bridge/crew/ship system simulation + roguelike?
Thank you both! :D
high rated

It's really not much like anything - very unique. The setting is sci-fi, but the action is roguelike. Check your PM.
mrcrispy83: it's kind of like a star trek ish bridge/crew/ship system simulation + roguelike?
Described like that it actually sounds interesting. I'm usually not one for storyless rogue-like games in the tradition of "how far can you get". Even struggled with Diablo 1+2 (although they have story). But crew management sounds interesting.
genkicolleen: Thank you both! :D
Be prepared, this game can be very frustrating. You will die really often, in most cases you don`t even know why you died. That`s why I gave up, it was too damn unfair!
infinitee8: Is Last Federation really turn based? The screenshots make it look like a click happy RTS or space shooter.
It's turn based similar to Frozen Synapse.

You give the orders what to do (set the course, use which weapon against which opponent, etc.) and then start the turn. Then your orders will be resolved in real time for about 5 seconds. Then time stops again and you can adapt your orders if you want depending on the outcome.
huN73R: Thanks, got to go to sleep now. Hope Neverending Nightmares shows up and stays for the next 8 hours along with a movie or something. lol
Sleep well, hopefully you'll also be here when Neverending Nightmares and The Frame will take this thread to almost 30K posts. ;)
genkicolleen: Thank you both! :D
Maxvorstadt: Be prepared, this game can be very frustrating. You will die really often, in most cases you don`t even know why you died. That`s why I gave up, it was too damn unfair!
I always know precisely why I'm dying in FTL - the game is very clear on this score. You just may not be able to do anything about it.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by LinustheBold
high rated
opticq: Well now that I missed my last game, I am done for today. I need to go be productive and get some work done. See you guys tomorrow!

And for those still waiting for games, may the odds be ever in your favor.
Awww.. . Check your PM. As soon as I bumble through the PM system with my phone.