It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Shendue: Nobody has a Ethan Carter code? Eh...i would buy it, but i don't want to support regional pricing.
Whatever, i'll give you Astebreed anyway.
Does anybody want Astebreed? I got a crit but already bought the game.
The_Blog: Already bought it 3 times ^^
But it is a cool game. Actually the number of good games this promo. Especially in the fresh section is quite high.

Another question about something that I never reallly got. What is the exact issue with regional pricing on gog.com.
I get that it is very annoying when you have to pay more just because you live in a certain region. But on gog.com you get the money back as store-credit, right? So I don't see the huge issue people have with regional pricing here on gog. Would love to hear a response since this has been in my mind for a few months now =)
Easy. You DON'T get the money back you get a store credit which can be used at a later time but only for games also. Then comes the fact that GOG pays this out of their own money. So to support the greedy publisher (yes, that is the way I see it and will always see it - it it were a requirement to use RP everybody would do it) they spent money to keep their customers. Something I don't like to support.
MsParanoid: Desktop Dungeons.

I found it quite a challenge to "get" it. Not much in the line of instructions. Best to work through the tutorials, interspersed with attempts at beating the level.
It's a unique title in that it's got a lot of elements that I'd expect to see in a puzzle game.

Ultimately, that's what the whole thing is. You have to work out the best ways to solve the puzzle, otherwise you'll end up dead before you can finish.
Impaler26: No need to be afraid of my user name! :D

Thank you very much for your generous gift! I shalt drop a game from the Insomnia Promo here in return:

Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (GOG) for the first reply.
paladin181: Thank you for your Generosity!! +1
You're welcome and enjoy the game! :)
jackster79: Just for the heck of it I tried clicking on Freedom Planet, I got that "Swing and Miss" just now.

WaHOO!

May be a bug and not a crit, but now I do not feel left out by the GOG chance gods! \o/
PaterAlf: I think everybody gets a "Swing and Miss" (instead of the normal checkout page) on Freedom Planet (it was the same in all three rounds). Seems to be a bug. Not sure if you still can get a critical hit though.
Awww.... and here I was thinking a RNG selected me out of millions (and millions) of GOG fans...
Ha! My second "Swing and miss". How cool is that! At least something different is going on.
The_Blog: Another question about something that I never reallly got. What is the exact issue with regional pricing on gog.com.
I get that it is very annoying when you have to pay more just because you live in a certain region. But on gog.com you get the money back as store-credit, right? So I don't see the huge issue people have with regional pricing here on gog. Would love to hear a response since this has been in my mind for a few months now =)
I think that regional pricing, especially on digital items, and especially considering it isn't calculated correctly depending on VAT, but usually it's higher, it's completely a ripoff to customers.
Therefore, i don't want to support the companies who sell those games by buying them. I would care about the fact that i get store credit in return if i was worried about the price, but that's not actually the issue, it's a matter of principle. I'm just expressing my opinion with my wallet. If the authors of the game will ever change their mind about the regional pricing, i won't mind buying the game twice, for what matters.
Store credit means nothing, it's GOG that is giving you that, not the company that sells the game itself. I don't want GOG to cover the difference, i just want the company that sells the game realize it's a scam.
Noooooo!!!! Freedom planet gone by while i was away :(((
Cavalary: The point is that GOG had two clear, specific, core principles: No DRM and flat pricing. Then they gave up on one of them. And initially they didn't say they were giving back the full difference, but a part of it, in $5.99 and $9.99 codes. Then after the backlash they ended up at the current solution, but you still pay a different price for the game, the part you get back can only be used for other games here and expires if unused and you don't add more to it within a year, and either way the rights holder gets the cut for the regional price, doesn't care what GOG does. So instead of changing the industry, it changed them.
Expires? O.o
Why does it expire. That doesn't seem to make any sence what'so ever...
expopower: Yargh, all you "swing and a miss" errors, playing games with my emotions. >.<

Next up:
Desktop Dungeons, $4.89 [300]
Getcomposted: I was just about to ask if anyone else had their hopes raised upon seeing that little box, only to have them dashed again when you read "Swing and a miss"!
Actually I got my third critical hit with Desktop Dungeons game, so even though it was priced at the $4.89 buggy price I wanted to mention it's still possible to get it free. I was planning to pay anyway so I'm happy.
trentonlf: Remember life is short, love the ones close to you, treat others as you want to be treated, and smile :-)
I approve this message ; )
Cavalary: The point is that GOG had two clear, specific, core principles: No DRM and flat pricing. Then they gave up on one of
Actually, they had four principles. But they also dropped the other two silently before.
I asked before but did not receive the answer I was looking for:
Is anybody here who REALLY wanted "MIND: Path To Thalamus" aka the new king of Insomnia?
jackster79: Just for the heck of it I tried clicking on Freedom Planet, I got that "Swing and Miss" just now.

WaHOO!

May be a bug and not a crit, but now I do not feel left out by the GOG chance gods! \o/
PaterAlf: I think everybody gets a "Swing and Miss" (instead of the normal checkout page) on Freedom Planet (it was the same in all three rounds). Seems to be a bug. Not sure if you still can get a critical hit though.
Pier Solar and the Great Architects, too. Probably others; I just got it when I tried for Desktop Dungeons. But I got it every time I tried Freedom Planet or Pier Solar. I'm pretty sure it is a bug, as reloading the page will cause that message to disappear.
Any chance for Lumino City or was it in round 3 already?
Shendue: Nobody has a Ethan Carter code? Eh...i would buy it, but i don't want to support regional pricing.
Whatever, i'll give you Astebreed anyway.
Does anybody want Astebreed? I got a crit but already bought the game.
LordBarker: I would really like it if your willing.
Check your mailbox!
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Shendue