It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Swing and a Miss on two games in a row... Third time's a charm maybe?
Grargar: Thanks. Post for Day Seven is now live. Hope I didn't make any mistake.
I know this doesn't matter much, but since I've been insomnia-ing (waiting for Cognition and trying for crits), Alan Wake should be in the "Fresh Too" section, just after Ink and before Papers, Please. I saw it there when you came back and wondered if my sleep deprivation had gotten the better of me when I saw your list under "Fresh", so I checked several pages back and found post19292, post19316, post19323 and post19341 to back me up.

I know, I'm nuts ;)
expopower: Yargh, all you "swing and a miss" errors, playing games with my emotions. >.<

Next up:
Desktop Dungeons, $4.89 [300]
Yeah, if all the swings and misses would have been gifts, I'd own half the games in the promo by now ;)
Impaler26: No need to be afraid of my user name! :D

Thank you very much for your generous gift! I shalt drop a game from the Insomnia Promo here in return:

Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (GOG) for the first reply.
Sounds fun...
CalicoPup: No. Kibo was a guy on Usenet that, no matter where he was mentioned, no matter when you mentioned him, he's show up in a thread very quickly. Rumors went around about him being some sort of Usenet Diety. It was a branch of Discordianism like the Church of the Subgenius. The modern equivalent would be the Invisible Pink Unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

R'amen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibology
Thanks for this link. You learn something new every day. And now I can tell any doorsteppers that I'm a Pastafarian.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Getcomposted
CalicoPup: Leather Goddesses of Phobos and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy were the two I remember the most, but I think that holds true for most people that remember the early IF offerings.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Hitchhiker's Guide was awesome. Getting that damned Babelfish almost drove me crazy.
Yeah, knowing what to put on what took a lot of playing with the inventory.
Getcomposted: I was just about to ask if anyone else had their hopes raised upon seeing that little box, only to have them dashed again when you read "Swing and a miss"!
Yes, I expected Swing-and-Miss on Freedom Planet, but for Desktop Dungeons it was new to to me. Thought I had a crit for a very short moment.

But anyway, this is the last game that I really wanted in the sale. Will still click on the buy button and hope to get another freebie (and maybe not forget to redeem it again), but the buying part should be over for me.
CalicoPup: No. Kibo was a guy on Usenet that, no matter where he was mentioned, no matter when you mentioned him, he's show up in a thread very quickly. Rumors went around about him being some sort of Usenet Diety. It was a branch of Discordianism like the Church of the Subgenius. The modern equivalent would be the Invisible Pink Unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

R'amen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibology
Getcomposted: Thanks for this link. You learn something new every day. And now I'll can tell any doorsteppers that I'm a Pastafarianist.
Oh! Have you been touched by His Noodly Appendage as well? Perhaps you can convince them to allow His Noodly Appendage into their lives. After all, don't we all need a little comfort? And what's more comforting than a hearty bowl of Him?

R'Amen.

Thank you very much for your generous gift! I shalt drop a game from the Insomnia Promo here in return:

paladin181: Sounds fun...
It is a neat little game, imho, doesn't drag on for too long, and the puzzles are mostly on the easy side. So, great for some casual gaming.
CalicoPup: Oh! Have you been touched by His Noodly Appendage as well? Perhaps you can convince them to allow His Noodly Appendage into their lives. After all, don't we all need a little comfort? And what's more comforting than a hearty bowl of Him?

R'Amen.
Especially since my lunch consisted of... spaghetti bolognese!
Ixamyakxim: For "designated hot girl running and screaming movie" I actually really like the way Cabin in the Woods handles typical horror tropes. I don't know why but I have a soft spot for that movie. I LOVE the two facility heads and their dry banter.
Yep. A friend made me watch that one, and I was kind of indifferent to it for a while...then the surviving Attractive Young People Slated to Die made it into that facility, and shit got crazy. : )
The_Blog: Another question about something that I never reallly got. What is the exact issue with regional pricing on gog.com.
I get that it is very annoying when you have to pay more just because you live in a certain region. But on gog.com you get the money back as store-credit, right? So I don't see the huge issue people have with regional pricing here on gog. Would love to hear a response since this has been in my mind for a few months now =)
The point is that GOG had two clear, specific, core principles: No DRM and flat pricing. Then they gave up on one of them. And initially they didn't say they were giving back the full difference, but a part of it, in $5.99 and $9.99 codes. Then after the backlash they ended up at the current solution, but you still pay a different price for the game, the part you get back can only be used for other games here and expires if unused and you don't add more to it within a year, and either way the rights holder gets the cut for the regional price, doesn't care what GOG does. So instead of changing the industry, it changed them.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Cavalary

Thank you for your Generosity!! +1
jackster79: If I may ask, how far along are you in that one?
genkicolleen: I'm working on my first settlement, so not very far!
Oh okay - this is one of your first play-throughs then.

I enjoy it myself but need to work out the mid/late game strategy parts.
Shendue: Nobody has a Ethan Carter code? Eh...i would buy it, but i don't want to support regional pricing.
Whatever, i'll give you Astebreed anyway.
Does anybody want Astebreed? I got a crit but already bought the game.
The_Blog: Already bought it 3 times ^^
But it is a cool game. Actually the number of good games this promo. Especially in the fresh section is quite high.

Another question about something that I never reallly got. What is the exact issue with regional pricing on gog.com.
I get that it is very annoying when you have to pay more just because you live in a certain region. But on gog.com you get the money back as store-credit, right? So I don't see the huge issue people have with regional pricing here on gog. Would love to hear a response since this has been in my mind for a few months now =)
I would also like to know about regional pricing if anyone can explain it please