It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrcrispy83: The movies were probably what slowed down the new games the most, since it isn't exactly a popular direction for GOG to go in.
Cavalary: Not really. Movies were far from the top of the duration chart.
In large part because the movies were always offered in pretty low quantities.

IMHO, the main reason the seasoned games sold much more quickly is simply price.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Zeyes
xenocidic: So I'd like to "pay it forward" while also paying someone back, as it were - so is there anyone who has given something away during the insomnia promo who would like Trine 2?
toxicTom: Wow, that's a generous offer. The game looks awesome and has raging reviews, but since I don't even have the first one, I leave the field to others more in in need ;-)
In my opinion, the story isn't so serialized that you need to play Trine before you play Trine 2, nor would it greatly lessen your enjoyment to play them out of order, and and since you're the only one who spoke up, you're getting it!

Feel free to stash it in your library until you get Trine:EE, play it out of order, or gift it on further if someone else speaks up.
toxicTom: Ever played Blackthorne?
Unfortunately no, I had a Sega Genesis back then and missed out on a lot of great Nintendo games including Super Metroid.
stg83: Definitely, the music is really great and soothing as well. I bet it is a really good soundtrack to listen to when you're preparing for bed. :)
WildHobgoblin: Wasn't there a small caveat attached to that game, though? As in, you need a pretty decent PC to run it? I'm not sure where I read that, but I remember this as something to be wary of...
Hmm.. my PC's three years old now. Quad 2.9 GHz AMD, on-board graphics, XP (*hide*), 4 (3) GB RAM. Nothing special, I'd say.
Fresh deal: Freedom Planet (-67%) [200]
genkicolleen: Woohoo~! Thanks for the laugh XD

<--Playing Triple Town, so not keeping up very well :p
Triple Town is on my Wishlist, but I'm a bit wary of it because of it's mobile game antecedents. Didn't I read somewhere it was a freemium game on the phone? How does it play on a PC? Any annoying popups asking you to buy something to advance the game?
HunchBluntley: And, FWIW, The Innkeepers actually has some mildly of interesting, quirky main characters, as opposed to just OMG HOT GIRL SCREAMING AND RUNNING AROUND IN HER UNDERWEAR! :)
Ixamyakxim: LOL that's a good thing to hear - I was fairly certain this wouldn't be the case.

For "designated hot girl running and screaming movie" I actually really like the way Cabin in the Woods handles typical horror tropes. I don't know why but I have a soft spot for that movie. I LOVE the two facility heads and their dry banter.
That movie is ridiculously good. That might be part of the reason why you like it so much.

I rarely watch movies repeatedly, but I've seen that one on Netflix 4 or 5 times by now, and I still enjoy it.
Ha, the swing and miss bug with freedom planet again.
jackster79: Did I just convince you to take a chance too? If so, I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it!
toxicTom: Yeah well - I'll see the the consequences of this choice ;-)
LOL

You and me both!
Anyone get a crit on Freedom Planet?
xenocidic: What happened to the browser tab? I think maybe you can get back to it by looking at "Recently closed tabs/windows" or maybe hitting "Back" until you get back to it to it.
I accidently went back to the main page. I clicked the buy-button again, but the critical hit was gone. But you might be right, clicking forward instead of buy again might have saved it.
JDelekto: Quick, light a lamp or you'll be eaten by a Grue!
toxicTom: Actually, I am the Grue.
I'll have you know that I've been the Grue User for several years now.
<----
WildHobgoblin: Wasn't there a small caveat attached to that game, though? As in, you need a pretty decent PC to run it? I'm not sure where I read that, but I remember this as something to be wary of...
toxicTom: Looking on the screenshots I was uncertain my machine could handle it. I can barely manage Witcher 2 (but at high detail). What about the first game? Resource hog also?
I *think* had a pretty good rig, an 8-core CPU, but two older 9800 GT's. It was still somewhat "lagged" for me with default settings, I'm actually looking at a video card upgrade now, since that is what really seems to be the bottleneck.
LordBarker: Anyone get a crit on Freedom Planet?
Swing and a Miss for me, actually. Sadly. Would have been a good freebie.
Just for the heck of it I tried clicking on Freedom Planet, I got that "Swing and Miss" just now.

WaHOO!

May be a bug and not a crit, but now I do not feel left out by the GOG chance gods! \o/