It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JDelekto: Quick, light a lamp or you'll be eaten by a Grue!
Actually, I am the Grue.
Grargar: Fresh Too deal: Astebreed (-75%) [200]
Astebreed! I was on that "buy" button like white on rice!
daedren: Hello, good people of this forum which I'm just starting to meet! :)

Have a question: when last appeared Far Cry 2 on the promo, I bought it, and it all went smooth. Payed with paypal, received the e-mail from GOG with the summary of my order and after a bit also received the e-mail from paypal, with the receipt.

After some minutes, though, paypal sent me two other receipts for my e-mail, each with the same amount of the transaction, although I didn't buy any other game in the meantime. I checked my bank account and I had been charged, indeed, thrice.

Sent a message for the GOG support team, but I still didn't hear from them. Did this happened to any of you?
In the receipts there is a number, which is unique, in the description of each one, and I included that in the message to GOG.

In other topic: how's the sale going? Bought some games, and I was very pleased to be gifted Legend of Grimrock by JDelekto, but as I'm new to this forum (although I have an account at GOG for some years), I don't know how to give rep points to him - I read here it is a nice thing to do in these situations!
Didn't get a critical yet, too!

Anyway, compliments from Portugal!
Boa tarde, daedren, and welcome. I am new to these forums myself, but the people here are incredibly helpful, welcoming and generous, as you have already found.
I am sure that Support will respond and sort out that Paypal problem, but they are likely overwhelmed because of the popularity of this promo (you did buy it on this promo?) If so, wait a while to give them time to catch up.

To thank someone, or rate a good post, look at the top right of the post and click on the 'plus' sign. That is a good thing and helps them to collect points. You can read the Help information for the forums by clicking on the 'Help' link at the top right of each forums page, and that tells you more.
PaterAlf: Oh no, I just got a critical hit on Consortium, but forgot to click on the Proceed-/Pay-for-your-order-button. :(

But I'm not really sad, because I already own the game. Hope my free copy will go to someone who really wants it.
What happened to the browser tab? I think maybe you can get back to it by looking at "Recently closed tabs/windows" or maybe hitting "Back" until you get back to it to it.
WildHobgoblin: Wasn't there a small caveat attached to that game, though? As in, you need a pretty decent PC to run it? I'm not sure where I read that, but I remember this as something to be wary of...
Looking on the screenshots I was uncertain my machine could handle it. I can barely manage Witcher 2 (but at high detail). What about the first game? Resource hog also?
Woohoo~! Thanks for the laugh XD

<--Playing Triple Town, so not keeping up very well :p
jackster79: From what I understand it kind of is and it is not. It is a game where multiple play-throughs are needed to see everything, simply due to so much choice and consequence (again, that is what I am gathering).

My interest was piqued when it was released, but I just did not want to take the gamble on it when it was full price. Now, if it turns out to be something not to my liking I will not feel so bad about giving it a shot.

On that note, may fast-track it to the front the queue... :-)
toxicTom: Choice and consequence, eh... And Jeremy Soule soundtrack. Ah damn. I couldn't resist.
Did I just convince you to take a chance too? If so, I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it!

genkicolleen: <--Playing Triple Town, so not keeping up very well :p
If I may ask, how far along are you in that one?
Post edited March 08, 2015 by jackster79
HunchBluntley: I don't understand why no one is using "Thalamusing" ("Thalamussing"?) instead of "MINDing"! It would be so much catchier....
I proposed the use of Thalamusing somewhere earlier in the thread, but it didn't catch on.

But Thalakeanamus/ing also has a nice ring to it.
PaterAlf: Oh no, I just got a critical hit on Consortium, but forgot to click on the Proceed-/Pay-for-your-order-button. :(

But I'm not really sad, because I already own the game. Hope my free copy will go to someone who really wants it.
Actually I should work again. Crit is tied to account, someone very early in thread said.
WildHobgoblin: Wasn't there a small caveat attached to that game, though? As in, you need a pretty decent PC to run it? I'm not sure where I read that, but I remember this as something to be wary of...
Yeah, there is an Enhanced Edition for the first one with Trine 2 engine which is quite taxing on max settings but you can still play the classic build of the game which runs fine or on lower graphics settings.
toxicTom: Actually, I am the Grue.
haha! How many adventurers have you gobbled up over the years?
HunchBluntley: That does bring to mind a question I've had: Has anyone actually gotten a critical on a game in the second or third round that they'd already tried in an earlier round? I'm kind of wondering if it's not just "one chance for each game in the sale, full stop". In other words, if I clicked "Buy now" on (for example) Papers, Please in the first round, and didn't get it for free, would there really still be a chance to get it free in the second or third round?
trentonlf: I bought AI War collection in round 2 for myself and got a crit on it in round 3 so it seems each round is a new try :)
Well, at least that's something. I guess that means I haven't been wasting my time clicking on all those games I'd already tried in an earlier round! (Or, rather, it means I can now PRETEND I haven't been wasting my time. ;) )
stg83: I am playing the first one now and the Trine games are indeed really good. A beautiful world with really fun puzzle platforming. :)
toxicTom: I've never played a puzzle platformer in my life. I have Braid (physical copy) this is one, yes? Never came around to even install it. Those 200+ hour RPG surely take their toll ;-)

Oh wait, I've played The Lost Vikings back in the day - comparable?
Yes, Raid is a Puzzle Plattformer and you really should try it. It is possible to play only a few puzzles and then leave the game but you should really try it. There is also a story in the game with a big twist so it is wothwhile. Trine is a bit different - it's more Physivs puzzles with actual jumping and shooting - more action than Braid.
HunchBluntley: And, FWIW, The Innkeepers actually has some mildly of interesting, quirky main characters, as opposed to just OMG HOT GIRL SCREAMING AND RUNNING AROUND IN HER UNDERWEAR! :)
LOL that's a good thing to hear - I was fairly certain this wouldn't be the case.

For "designated hot girl running and screaming movie" I actually really like the way Cabin in the Woods handles typical horror tropes. I don't know why but I have a soft spot for that movie. I LOVE the two facility heads and their dry banter.
toxicTom: Choice and consequence, eh... And Jeremy Soule soundtrack. Ah damn. I couldn't resist.
jackster79: Did I just convince you to take a chance too? If so, I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it!
Yeah well - I'll see the the consequences of this choice ;-)