It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LinustheBold: Sun! I'm going to go walk in it. Don't buy too slowly while I'm gone!
toxicTom: It's pitch dark outside!

:-P
Quick, light a lamp or you'll be eaten by a Grue!
HunchBluntley: I don't understand why no one is using "Thalamusing" ("Thalamussing"?) instead of "MINDing"! It would be so much catchier....
Ixamyakxim: Oh hey HunchBluntley I never had a chance to thank you for the movie recommendation the other night (saw the reply when I logged in the next day).

I didn't watch it, but The Innkeepers is certainly on my radar for the near future!
No problem, I've missed some replies myself. This forum wasn't built to handle multiple unread replies in the same thread. :)

And, FWIW, The Innkeepers actually has some mildly of interesting, quirky main characters, as opposed to just OMG HOT GIRL SCREAMING AND RUNNING AROUND IN HER UNDERWEAR! :)
Fresh Too deal: Astebreed (-75%) [200]
The movies were probably what slowed down the new games the most, since it isn't exactly a popular direction for GOG to go in.
LordBarker: Ya sure. PM me your Email so I can gift it to you.
xenocidic: It's probably easier to gift it to your own email, and then PM the code.
Didn't think of that. It's okay, I already sent it to someone. Thanks though.
Cavalary: Not that they beat them, but they beat them by days. "Seasoned" games finished Friday, at 9:51 PM GMT.
Less money, and they've stood the test of time to become "classics".
Whereas the Fresh games could be future classics, but we don't know what's going to be remembered 10 years down the line.
CarrionCrow: What's really interesting to me is that the older items didn't have a huge amount of the classic-type titles that you might expect to see blow newer items out of the water sales-wise, but they still did so without breaking a sweat.
Yeah. If you look at their "classic" catalog and the bestsellers list (before the newer titles will artificially get boosted up there now thanks to the large numbers of them they pushed into this sale), not much of that was included.
Deus Ex was an odd one though, used to sell in a flash in previous such sales, now rather stalled.
JDelekto: Wow, so they gave the older games a 1 game head start and they still sold out among the newer. I have to admit, there are some newer games which are awesome, but it sounds like there is something missing from the others.

...and I have all the older games. :)
Cavalary: Not that they beat them, but they beat them by days. "Seasoned" games finished Friday, at 9:51 PM GMT.
Right. If this was a battle between older and newer, it's officially a massacre at this point.
Oh no, I just got a critical hit on Consortium, but forgot to click on the Proceed-/Pay-for-your-order-button. :(

But I'm not really sad, because I already own the game. Hope my free copy will go to someone who really wants it.
MsParanoid: I have Trine 2 and I listen to the soundtrack on its own. Most of the tracks really pleasant.
stg83: Definitely, the music is really great and soothing as well. I bet it is a really good soundtrack to listen to when you're preparing for bed. :)
Wasn't there a small caveat attached to that game, though? As in, you need a pretty decent PC to run it? I'm not sure where I read that, but I remember this as something to be wary of...
stg83: I had heard about The Lost Vikings but never played it, now checking it out on youtube it seems like Trine was definitely inspired by it as there are three characters in the game that you can swap between or play in coop which includes Thief, Wizard and a Knight. So it is actually comparable to The Lost Vikings. :)
Sounds like something. TLV was a really great game back in the day (early work of Blizzard, before they went all cash cow). Ever played Blackthorne?
CarrionCrow: What's really interesting to me is that the older items didn't have a huge amount of the classic-type titles that you might expect to see blow newer items out of the water sales-wise, but they still did so without breaking a sweat.
Cavalary: Yeah. If you look at their "classic" catalog and the bestsellers list (before the newer titles will artificially get boosted up there now thanks to the large numbers of them they pushed into this sale), not much of that was included.
Deus Ex was an odd one though, used to sell in a flash in previous such sales, now rather stalled.
I'd say Deus Ex is reaching saturation, given how many times it's been sold for next to nothing, not only here but through other venues.
mrcrispy83: The movies were probably what slowed down the new games the most, since it isn't exactly a popular direction for GOG to go in.
Not really. Movies were far from the top of the duration chart.
JDelekto: Wow, so they gave the older games a 1 game head start and they still sold out among the newer. I have to admit, there are some newer games which are awesome, but it sounds like there is something missing from the others.

...and I have all the older games. :)
Yeah, I know. They just don't write 'em like that anymore (ala Greg Kihn).
jackster79: Wallet... no crits for me this sale.
toxicTom: Bad luck? In Germany we have a saying:

"Bad luck in gambling, good luck in love". I hope it's true for you.

I got 3 crits, but I gave away two of them. One game I really didn't want, and the other where I was on the fence, but ultimately I thought someone who really wanted it (and missed it) should have it. But I was super happy when I critted a game from my wishlist (Shadowgate).
I like that saying - thank you for sharing it! :-)

TBH, I did not really try clicking on everything, only the ones that interested me or that I read someone was interested in. My haul this sale, compared to the previous Insomnia sales, is practically minuscule.

Between real life and already having so much of the GOG catalog I was much more selective this time around.

Congrats on nabbing Shadowgate. I did try my luck at that one but no dice. It is an awesome feeling when you get something you wanted in an unexpectedly but pleasant manner. :-)