It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WildHobgoblin: Yes. It has a really strange atmosphere to it, which to me feels really magical. Kind of a scary tranquility, if that makes any sense.
I also liked the soundtrack, which is included (and I usually don't care for the soundtrack at all).
But it's not really point and click, in - there's really not much puzzling involved, you know, you just... make your way, meeting all kinds of strange people, and weird places...
Ah, I gotta play that game again...
toxicTom: Sound good. I started playing Ether One (thanks to Tarnicus!) and it also seems like a very tranquil game - the few puzzles are even (kind of) optional. I start to grow a taste for these kind of "interactive experiences" ever since I heard of The Path and Dear Esther, though I've never even played the latter two.
Well, it's not as much of a looker as Ether One, but I don't mind (especially since I could never get that game to work properly on my lame old PC). The trailer can give you a good impression though, as to how the game looks, so if in doubt, just give that one a go.
genkicolleen: Ohhh *claps* Congratulations! It's for the whole game, whenever it is all released. :D
SortaSane: Yes, it's a pass for all acts.
high rated
I just rolled a crit on Papers, Please, and I wasn't even meaning to click on it as I already had it.
Why couldn't I have gotten a crit for Metrocide or Kentucky Route Zero? O_o

But my good fortune means someone gets to share in it. :)

To pass the time while we're waiting for Xenonauts and Kentucky Route Zero to go, tell me what your guess for the next game in the round is.
Or why you need Papers, Please in your life.
Or what you thought when you first happened onto this thread and the community for all the newcomers.
Or how you would persuade someone on the fence to buy a copy of Xenonauts or Kentucky Route Zero.
Or actually anything conversational. :)
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Getcomposted
masterp251: So is KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO a good game?
MarkoH01: Yes it is but more because of the surreal atmosphere and the dialogues (only text) not so much because of the puzzles (I don't remember any).

Edit: It is however episodic and only 3 (of 5?) episodes are released until now.
WildHobgoblin: Yes. It has a really strange atmosphere to it, which to me feels really magical. Kind of a scary tranquility, if that makes any sense.
I also liked the soundtrack, which is included (and I usually don't care for the soundtrack at all).
But it's not really point and click, in - there's really not much puzzling involved, you know, you just... make your way, meeting all kinds of strange people, and weird places...
Ah, I gotta play that game again...
Sounds intriguing, I'm going to throw it on my waitlist.
genkicolleen: I recommend mentioning it here, first, to let everyone know so that they don't try to send the same code~! *giggles* Once you get a response of "Thank you!" (or "x-member already gifted me!") then you send them a PM with the code ^__^
Thanks, that helps.
HunchBluntley: I don't understand why no one is using "Thalamusing" ("Thalamussing"?) instead of "MINDing"! It would be so much catchier....
Oh hey HunchBluntley I never had a chance to thank you for the movie recommendation the other night (saw the reply when I logged in the next day).

I didn't watch it, but The Innkeepers is certainly on my radar for the near future!
JDelekto: Awww, thank you much! Short of making sure I don't gift to the wrong person, I'm not sure how that whole thing should work. Do you just launch a PM with a code, wait for someone to acknowledge the giveaway? I'm not sure what the standard operating procedure is in that regard.
Well most people just send a PM containing the code and something like "Have fun". If you're ninja'd, almost always the gifted will just tell you so. But if you feel insecure proceeding like this, you can always keep doing what you did - ask the gifting "victim" ;-) for a PM from their side first.
toxicTom: This I can totally understand. Though I know that many real life pilots are fans of MS Flight Simulator & Co.
bler144: True, though if you aren't scared of heights/speed, there's probably some excitatory neurotransmitter pickup (epinephrine/dopamine/etc.) in that activity. Some people are blessed enough to do work they truly love, or perhaps even slip into being adrenaline junkies. ;)

Paperwork can be fun to the extent that it's a puzzle game, but in general I think that's excitatory only when it's rewarding - parts of my job (as well as the game design) seem to be based around minimizing negative outcomes rather than reward-seeking per se. It can easily slip over into the realm of stress/neurotransmitter imbalance if it's not something you can escape from.

And to be fair, I do really enjoy parts of my job, and I think the game design is fascinating. But mystery adventures and swinging swords is a much better fantasy escape. :)
So you like "Dungeons & Dragons" as opposed to "Papers & Paychecks" :-)
MarkoH01: Yes it is but more because of the surreal atmosphere and the dialogues (only text) not so much because of the puzzles (I don't remember any).

Edit: It is however episodic and only 3 (of 5?) episodes are released until now.
WildHobgoblin: Yeah, that's a big drawback. Just checked, it's been a while also since the last act was released.

But, I discovered the soundtrack is actually really fitting for the Insomnia sale... you know, kind of bumbling along...
I don't really care that the devs are taking their time. This way I will be surprised when the next act will be released (kind of like it is the most fun to surprise seomebody here in the thread with a gift). They also fine tuned every episode so it is nearly perfect in its own strange way. I did not expect that such a niche project got so many good and great critics but it has.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by MarkoH01
Wow I bought 10 games this sale without a single crit. I feel like hiding from the internet for a few weeks but at least I have lots of shiny things to play with.
JDelekto: Awww, thank you much! Short of making sure I don't gift to the wrong person, I'm not sure how that whole thing should work. Do you just launch a PM with a code, wait for someone to acknowledge the giveaway? I'm not sure what the standard operating procedure is in that regard.
toxicTom: Well most people just send a PM containing the code and something like "Have fun". If you're ninja'd, almost always the gifted will just tell you so. But if you feel insecure proceeding like this, you can always keep doing what you did - ask the gifting "victim" ;-) for a PM from their side first.
Well, I suppose it depends. If I'm going to gift something, I'd prefer it to be something for someone who really wants it, not necessarily someone who will hang on to the code for trade.

On the other hand, if I do a trade, I don't mind what with they do with the exchange.

I just want the people who really do not have the game, didn't have the opportunity to have it, yet really want it to get it as a gift (if I can get a discount). :)

Cheers!
Getcomposted: I just rolled a crit on Papers, Please, and I wasn't even meaning to click on it as I already had it.
Why couldn't I have gotten a crit for Metrocide or Kentucky Route Zero? O_o
Congrats!

Getcomposted: Or what you thought when you first happened onto this thread and the community for all the newcomers.
Well I was pleasantly surprised at the decent level of conversation here, the generous spirit, and the apparent absence of trolls.
WildHobgoblin: Well, it's not as much of a looker as Ether One, but I don't mind (especially since I could never get that game to work properly on my lame old PC). The trailer can give you a good impression though, as to how the game looks, so if in doubt, just give that one a go.
When it comes to looks, the important thing for me is style. I certainly like my Skyrim with HD texture pack, but I can also greatly enjoy a game as minimalistic as, say, "N!". Kentucky Route Zero wishlisted :-)
toxicTom: Well most people just send a PM containing the code and something like "Have fun". If you're ninja'd, almost always the gifted will just tell you so. But if you feel insecure proceeding like this, you can always keep doing what you did - ask the gifting "victim" ;-) for a PM from their side first.
JDelekto: Well, I suppose it depends. If I'm going to gift something, I'd prefer it to be something for someone who really wants it, not necessarily someone who will hang on to the code for trade.
Yes, it's considered very poor form to receive a gift and then keep it to trade.
JDelekto: I don't think they're making it up, but how exactly do you get the critical hit? Clicking on the image to go to the game's page or just clicking on the "Buy Now"?
trentonlf: You have one chance each time a game comes up when you press the buy now button, if win will say you got a critical hit and you get the game free.
That does bring to mind a question I've had: Has anyone actually gotten a critical on a game in the second or third round that they'd already tried in an earlier round? I'm kind of wondering if it's not just "one chance for each game in the sale, full stop". In other words, if I clicked "Buy now" on (for example) Papers, Please in the first round, and didn't get it for free, would there really still be a chance to get it free in the second or third round?