It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: Not surprising. It was the weakest-selling out of the original 6 LucasArts games.
goplanet: Because it is NOT an original LucasArts game.
It was a Lucasfilm Games game, which is basically the same.
How do you get freebies? Sorry for being a noob at this. This is the first time I've actually participated in the Insomnia Sale.
Here is a thought fellow GOGers...

Which set of games (seasoned versus fresh) do you think the pool of games will empty from first?

Put another way, which one do you think will have enough laggards that sales from the other one will overtake it and have it finish the sale first?

Or do you think there are mechanisms behind-the-scenes to help prevent that?

I would be interested in thoughts on that, given all the posts I have seen about "laggards" and such...
trentonlf: How is The Witcher selling! It's like Torchlight, everyone should have a copy already LOL
The freebies ARE working...
Hey guys, Torchlight-less member here. How many copies of Torchlight do you still have? Every sale I see discussions about gifting it. I know it was free in the past, but how do you acquire so many gift codes?
PS: I have The Witcher. :)
InaneKorruption: How do you get freebies? Sorry for being a noob at this. This is the first time I've actually participated in the Insomnia Sale.
Just click "Buy Now". If it's not a freebie, it'll show you the regular price. If it is a freebie, it'll show that you're buying it for nothing.

At least that's what I've been told. I haven't actually gotten to see it myself yet! D:
Did anybody use the Neverending Nightmare joke yet? It's been so long, I can't remember.

Is this limbo?

Cheers!
jackster79: You have to reload the page to see the counters move down? Using Chrome and mine go down on their own...
IAmSinistar: I'm talking about that thing we did in previous Insomnia sales. When a game was selling slowly, you could reload the page and the bar would go back to the full count, then go down quickly to the current count. It gave you the illusion of progress.

It actually doesn't work that well in this version of the sale. Reloading generally puts the bars just a little ahead of where they currently are.
Ah, okay. Yes I remember that. Maybe it is time for *me* to turn in...
j0ekerr: I had trouble trying to gift my copy of the witcher 2. I found literally no takers.
I looked elsewhere and very quickly found takers. Posted about that 2nd free Torchlight on the MobyGames forums and one of the regulars quickly asked for it, and then when I posted the free code for Witcher 2 a couple of months ago and there were no takers on here for a couple of hours I sent a Fb message to someone I used to talk to a while back and who'd likely want it (or know someone who did) and she grabbed it.
Sort of... outsourcing to get rid of free games now, eh? :))
Yet they still sell. And yeah, I keep being surprised about Torchlight too.
For a game that supposedly everyone and their extended family have, that Witcher sure is in a hurry to exit...
ariaspi: Hey guys, Torchlight-less member here. How many copies of Torchlight do you still have? Every sale I see discussions about gifting it. I know it was free in the past, but how do you acquire so many gift codes?
PS: I have The Witcher. :)
I've still got 2 gift codes left. It was free quite a few times.
goplanet: Because it is NOT an original LucasArts game.
Shendue: It was a Lucasfilm Games game, which is basically the same.
I'm just going to facepalm myself to death at this point over the topic of this oh-so-"Special Edition" version of the game and the people who don't understand why it doesn't sell as well as the original would have.
Post edited March 03, 2015 by goplanet
GOG said that there are 150+ games on this sale. We have now seen nearly 60 games, so it looks like this will be a long sales week.
jackster79: Here is a thought fellow GOGers...

Which set of games (seasoned versus fresh) do you think the pool of games will empty from first?
So far, each pool has had 28 games (plus a movie in the "Fresh" list). GOG seems to have made good predictions to keep a balance.
Look guys, I already own Torchlight in Arc games, but if you want to get rid of your codes, I'll take one.

Cheers!
Post edited March 03, 2015 by Dalthnock