It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cristigale: Hi, Sage! Haven't been paying close attention, but I think it's random.
Sage103082: Hey cristigale!! Thanks =) and please no bad blood - I was was trying to save my butt =)
Lol, heavens no! That's what the game is about. :-)
bugamn: I would like one day to see a gaming trackball. I have a very good Logittech one, but it has no wheel. And my desk is a bit too cramped for a mouse.
skeletonbow: I don't care for trackballs per se, at least not the type that have existed for home computers/consoles in days gone by, but the arcade style "roller controller" type with a huge ball in them, they were great in the games that used them. If there's one old old game I'd like to see brought back from the dead and available for PC on GOG, it'd be Crystal Castles *with* roller controller support, and an 80s style arcade controller. It'd likely have to fasten to the side of a desk/table via bolts or clamps or something like a driving wheel, but man... CRYSTAL CASTLES!
I got used to my trackball, I might not be a great player, but I can still keep a nice count on UT with it.
zenwan: Those are pretty impressive looking. I am now officially on a mouse-hunt, all suggestions welcome. Not specifically a gaming mouse, just a good one.
I'll stick with my lighted keyboard, best hardware investment I ever made, as I am always up very early when it's dark, and hate working with a bright light on.
opticq: Whoops, wrong mouse, this is the right one:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Proteus-Tunable-Customizable-910-004074/dp/B00IRHE892/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425797004&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+g502
it's so pretty... that's going on the list
Shendue: Well, i don't know about Germany, but everything here in Italy is dubbed, so after billions of american movies in which italian-speaking yankees speak with italians in single, slow words while making gestures because they don't get a single word suspension of disbelief automatically kicks in and it seems perfectly normal to us. We just assume that the character IS speaking in english, and we hear his english as italian because we are using a babel fish or Star Trek universal translator or whatever.
MarkoH01: Everything is dubbed here in Germany as well. That is not the problem. It's just that in THIS game the two languages (Gabe being American and speaking English and the Germans speaking German) were part of the game which totally does not work anymore if you dub everything. I can remember this problem in the Tarantino Movie "Inglorious Basterds" where there were German, Americans and French afair ... some things should not be dubbed (works fine with subtitles) and some lines shouldn't be crossed (somebody knows which movie the last one is from?).
I never watch dubbed movies, only subtitles. For me an actor's voice is an integral part of him or her, not something you can just remove at will. With really fine actors, dubbing their voices is like dismembering them, imo.
high rated
MaGo72: I think the Razer Naga was the first MMO, although I remember it with a cable, Ah ok, there it is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8CF268/ref=twister_B004UJ12H2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I bought a 17 button Razer Naga Epic MMO wired/wireless about 9 months before the Logitech. I had done my research on several candidate mice (and did not know Logitech had one so it wasn't in my original matrix), and of all the options I ended up going with the Razer. The Razer hardware I thought was fantastic, well put together very well engineered... but... everything else from there on out went downhill.

The Razer mouse software REQUIRES you to make an account online MANDATORY and log in just to use your mouse. If you do NOT do this, then your mouse is effectively a 3 button mouse using the Windows drivers. It stores all of your mouse configuration profiles online "in the cloud" mandatory and you can not opt out of their online activation. I did not find this out before buying the product but was insanely upset when I did find out, and I wasn't alone. Googling about it I found angry hoards of gamers wanting to set Razer on fire for such stupid crap. But it didn't end there...

Razer tech support was on a shaky VoIP line in India and I got disconnected umpteen times, but when I did have the guy on the phone he was practically useless. After 2 hours of screwing around unhelpful he directed me to an older version of their software that did not have the mandatory online requirement, but that is no longer supported. I got that and it turned out to be buggy as hell too, but far less buggy than their current driver at the time. It screwed up maybe 1/4 as much, but both software packages screamed loud "10 year olds wrote this in QBASIC and we don't have a QA team and we don't give a crap about bugs in our software and will never fix them, thanks for your money now piss off".

So, I ended up using the mouse with the old unsupported software and rebooting when I needed to reset the driver and get it working again, sometimes having to save a game and exit, reboot, start game again. After 9 months when I went to put it on the recharge stand the lights went out on the mouse and it stopped working completely. The mouse completedly died spontaneously for no apparent reason and is now a paperweight. I paid $99 for that Razer mouse so I wasn't terribly thrilled to say the least. Razer tech support basically told me "tough luck".

I went and ordered the Logitech G600 about a week later, and had it within another week or so. The Logitech is sort of ugly, but it feels so much better and WORKS so much better. It has more functions in the software, more buttons, and even has an embedded LUA scripting language to write your own custom mouse code for games or whatever built in. Simply awesomesauce. The Logitech software has some bugs also but it is far far more stable than Razer's crap, and the workarounds are easy to deal with when the problems rarely occur.

So, my apologies for the lengthy review but I couldn't sleep tonight if I didn't try to stop someone from possibly making the horrible mistake of purchasing Razer hardware. It "looks" nice, but that's nice to sit it on your mantlepiece and to make conversation while entertaining dinner guests, but for actual gaming or other real world use - get Logitech, they make awesome shit that just works and works awesome.

This has been a PSA. (Public Skeletonbow Announcement) ;oP
opticq: I think this promo will last till Wed at the rate GK is going
bugamn: If other games are like GK it will last until the end of the month.
Cognition and FTL(because everyone owns it already xD) might be also good candidates for the throne of Keane.
MaGo72: I think the Razer Naga was the first MMO, although I remember it with a cable, Ah ok, there it is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8CF268/ref=twister_B004UJ12H2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
skeletonbow: I bought a 17 button Razer Naga Epic MMO wired/wireless about 9 months before the Logitech. I had done my research on several candidate mice (and did not know Logitech had one so it wasn't in my original matrix), and of all the options I ended up going with the Razer. The Razer hardware I thought was fantastic, well put together very well engineered... but... everything else from there on out went downhill.

The Razer mouse software REQUIRES you to make an account online MANDATORY and log in just to use your mouse. If you do NOT do this, then your mouse is effectively a 3 button mouse using the Windows drivers. It stores all of your mouse configuration profiles online "in the cloud" mandatory and you can not opt out of their online activation. I did not find this out before buying the product but was insanely upset when I did find out, and I wasn't alone. Googling about it I found angry hoards of gamers wanting to set Razer on fire for such stupid crap. But it didn't end there...

Razer tech support was on a shaky VoIP line in India and I got disconnected umpteen times, but when I did have the guy on the phone he was practically useless. After 2 hours of screwing around unhelpful he directed me to an older version of their software that did not have the mandatory online requirement, but that is no longer supported. I got that and it turned out to be buggy as hell too, but far less buggy than their current driver at the time. It screwed up maybe 1/4 as much, but both software packages screamed loud "10 year olds wrote this in QBASIC and we don't have a QA team and we don't give a crap about bugs in our software and will never fix them, thanks for your money now piss off".

So, I ended up using the mouse with the old unsupported software and rebooting when I needed to reset the driver and get it working again, sometimes having to save a game and exit, reboot, start game again. After 9 months when I went to put it on the recharge stand the lights went out on the mouse and it stopped working completely. The mouse completedly died spontaneously for no apparent reason and is now a paperweight. I paid $99 for that Razer mouse so I wasn't terribly thrilled to say the least. Razer tech support basically told me "tough luck".

I went and ordered the Logitech G600 about a week later, and had it within another week or so. The Logitech is sort of ugly, but it feels so much better and WORKS so much better. It has more functions in the software, more buttons, and even has an embedded LUA scripting language to write your own custom mouse code for games or whatever built in. Simply awesomesauce. The Logitech software has some bugs also but it is far far more stable than Razer's crap, and the workarounds are easy to deal with when the problems rarely occur.

So, my apologies for the lengthy review but I couldn't sleep tonight if I didn't try to stop someone from possibly making the horrible mistake of purchasing Razer hardware. It "looks" nice, but that's nice to sit it on your mantlepiece and to make conversation while entertaining dinner guests, but for actual gaming or other real world use - get Logitech, they make awesome shit that just works and works awesome.

Wow a mandatory Razer online account to use the full functionality, the mouse config in a cloud. That is clearly a no go for me.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by MaGo72
infinityeight: Agreed. I love GK and would love to see a fourth GK game, particularly since so many story lines were left open by GK3. Maybe if the GK revamp sells well, a fourth GK will be produced?
MarkoH01: At least there is a new comic short available at
http://www.postudios.com/blog/?p=5933
Cool. Thanks. I hadn't heard about this comic yet. The fact that it's set after GK3 gives me hope that GK4 might be in the works.
MarkoH01: Everything is dubbed here in Germany as well. That is not the problem. It's just that in THIS game the two languages (Gabe being American and speaking English and the Germans speaking German) were part of the game which totally does not work anymore if you dub everything. I can remember this problem in the Tarantino Movie "Inglorious Basterds" where there were German, Americans and French afair ... some things should not be dubbed (works fine with subtitles) and some lines shouldn't be crossed (somebody knows which movie the last one is from?).
zenwan: I never watch dubbed movies, only subtitles. For me an actor's voice is an integral part of him or her, not something you can just remove at will. With really fine actors, dubbing their voices is like dismembering them, imo.
You are right but you don't know it any other way. In Germany EVERYTHING is dubbed. I grew up with German voices of "A-Team" and "Fall Guy" (Here it is called "Ein Colt für alle Fälle") and did not even KNOW that this is not the original language. I remember when I first saw an original episode of Dallas on DVD how I was shocked that they all had a Texas dialect. Of course it is original but for me it was new. Still cannot force myself to watch "Columbo" in original version - that is what nostalgia can do to you.
skeletonbow: I bought a 17 button Razer Naga Epic MMO wired/wireless about 9 months before the Logitech. I had done my research on several candidate mice (and did not know Logitech had one so it wasn't in my original matrix), and of all the options I ended up going with the Razer. The Razer hardware I thought was fantastic, well put together very well engineered... but... everything else from there on out went downhill.

Thank you very much for that PS(bow)A. ;-) and another + for all your helpful information.

I had no idea that Razor were so bad, that is unbelievable.

I do like Logitech, but if the mouse gets too big, then I have problems with my wrist, so that is why I'm a little wary of one that I can't try out first. On the other hand, the choices here are very limited, so I will probably just have to take a chance.

Thank you for sharing this story. I have been tempted by Razer hardware, but the stories of those drivers and problems that come with that always make me look for alternatives.
skeletonbow: Yeppers, that's the one. Best input hardware I've ever bought, and not just for gaming. It's changed the way I use all software. Funny enough, my custom Firefox config uses every single mouse button and I use all of them every day and much more than any game I play with it. ;oP

Here's the official product page:
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse
xenocidic: how the heck does your thumb know which of the 20 buttons it's pressing?
It takes a few hours to get used to. The 12 side buttons are divided into 6 and 6, and the buttons are indented to point towards each other in a 6 button group, so your thumb naturally fits in the groove it makes, and one button as a little bump on it like the home row key finder bumps on a keyboard. From there it's all relative motion of the thumb and doesn't take long to get used to at all. The 2nd group of 6, you just slide your thumb down to and do the same, that doesn't take too long to get used to either. Also, I use the pad of my thumb just past the first groove in the thumb to hit buttons G18-G20 often without having to shift my thumb.

Cool thing is you can assign one of the mouse buttons as a G-SHIFT button, and when that button is held down, all of the other buttons now have a secondary function available that you can set, doubling the number of effective buttons. You can also set up a button as a mode switch that can cycle through 3 different modes that completely reprogram the buttons both with and without G-SHIFT pressed. End result, you can have 32523489234 buttons configured in a game. :)

The basic function takes a few hours to a day to get used to, and more advanced stuff takes a bit of configuration and tinkering to get it "just right" for a given game, but it's well worth the effort.
Anaxphone: A classic. Did you ever see the original TV movie of it, or just the series?
CarrionCrow: Never got to see the movie version of it. Didn't even know one existed until you mentioned it just now.

Feeling a strong need to track it down, though. =)
Loved that show. Had crush on main character.

If you're looking for the 'pilot', it's called Nick Knight:
http://www.amazon.com/Nick-Knight-Rick-Springfield/dp/B0000844IS/

I think there were 3 seasons, each a DVD set, also on Amazon.
zenwan: I never watch dubbed movies, only subtitles. For me an actor's voice is an integral part of him or her, not something you can just remove at will. With really fine actors, dubbing their voices is like dismembering them, imo.
MarkoH01: You are right but you don't know it any other way. In Germany EVERYTHING is dubbed. I grew up with German voices of "A-Team" and "Fall Guy" (Here it is called "Ein Colt für alle Fälle") and did not even KNOW that this is not the original language. I remember when I first saw an original episode of Dallas on DVD how I was shocked that they all had a Texas dialect. Of course it is original but for me it was new. Still cannot force myself to watch "Columbo" in original version - that is what nostalgia can do to you.
That's very true. I went to watch one of the Lord of the Rings movies here with a German friend. Most movies and US TV shows here, except children's ones, are subtitled, not dubbed, for various reasons, mostly cost, I think, so he got to hear the actor's real voices for the first time, and wasn't very impressed.
Even Ian McKellen's voice didn't move him much, I was stunned.

Oops, editing to add the uppercase K to McKellen, wouldn't want to offend him. ;-)
Post edited March 08, 2015 by zenwan
opticq: My mouse & keyboard.

They are still unopened while I'm saving money for a computer I'm building in May.
Nice, but i don't like cordless mice. I used one in the past and i find annoying having to recharge it. And i'm totally addicted to my G9 form factor, to the point that since the model has been discontinued by Logitech, when my old one died i overpayed two new ones (so that i have a backup) and had them shipped from Spain. It's a shame they didn't make an updated G9 with an optical sensor and instead changed design completely for the G502 Proteus Core.

As for the Keyboard, i recently switched from my old G15 to a mechanical Ducky Shine 4 with browns.
I have mixed feelings about the keyboard, since everybody keeps raving about mechanical keyboards being better then sex and awesome at typing more than gaming, but i actually found it the other way around, i think it's better for gaming than typing. In fact, i make a lot of mistypes with it, probably due to the spacing of the keys. G15 was much better for typing for me.
Maybe i should try other switches, i don't know. Many people say that they love blues, but in my understanding they are basically clickier browns, so i don't see why i should like them more. They say reds are very good for gaming, but are worse than browns for typing, and i saw they require very light presses to be activated, so it doesn't seem they would be better either.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Shendue