It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sage103082: Do we have any idea what is going to come up next? Is it random or has there been some type of pattern?

I have not been following at all but did pick up GK last night when a friend pointed me to it.
cristigale: Hi, Sage! Haven't been paying close attention, but I think it's random.
Hey cristigale!! Thanks =) and please no bad blood - I was was trying to save my butt =)
skeletonbow: It would be an interesting psychological experiment to repeat what you've done however I bet the results would be the same. I never thought about it before but I bet that actual female gamers must have to deal with a lot of crap online while gaming depending on what the games/forums/etc. are etc. just from the overall nature of the wolfpack out there. As for the clan joining though, that would fail when a clan game was on with voice chat without some special software or a staple gun. :)

Incidentally, I would bet money that the majority of people playing Tomb Raider are male. Two words:

boobs!
boobs!
huN73R: FPS multiplayer games tend to attract more assholes than MMO's, who are shitty to pretty much everyone, male or female. There's no moderation done in many FPS multiplayer games. They have the power to vote kick someone off server and it is misused a lot. Lots of L4D2 stories about this.
I figured as much. It was like that 15 years ago when I did a lot of multiplayer Halflife etc. and we all ended up setting up our own semi-private server that had a modicum of etiquette to it. My entire group of friends pretty much were all like minded in that we all were respectful to each other and to others, we were there to have fun in a positive manner, nobody cheated nor installed cheats/hacks or crap to give an advantage in play, and any other sane thing you'd expect from respectable gamers. When our clan played online, it was rare that we could find any other random collection of people or another clan that did the same, so we often just split in half and played against each other instead to avoid the nonsense of wide open online multiplayer.

Once in a while I go online and fire up an FPS to do multiplayer but almost invariably there is someone with an aim-bot or other cheat crap even though it is a VAC enabled server, so it becomes non-fun quick and I bail and go look for another server, then eventually get bored of that game of whack-a-mole and go back to single player somethingorother.

From day one, I've always been a gamer with netiquette, I don't cheat in any way even in single player games and I even go as far as letting other players know I am using a 20 button mouse that is programmable to see if they are ok with that, and if anyone objects I will reprogram my mouse or disable the configuration to make it work like a 3 button mouse just so that it is a completely level playing field. If only everyone had that level of respect for their fellow gamers out there, multiplayer would be so much more enjoyable! Hell, I'd even lower my screen resolution down if someone wanted me to in order to balance fairness.

Nowadays, I still enjoy single and multiplayer in spirit but 99% of my gaming is single-player, partly because "the gang" are all married with children or workaholics or alcoholics, and random multiplayer tends to suck as per above. ;)
I've been looking at the same 2 games for far too long. I think I'm losing it.
Good morning, fellow GOGers.

Good to see that Din'S Curse and Driftmoon were Keaning. so still a chance for Xenonauts for me :). Oh my coffee, I need a coffeee, I NEEED A COFFEE.

Vanishes into the kitchen.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by MaGo72
gamefood: I have the bad feeling Mr Knight wanna stay with us for days??
Anaxphone: The Knight shall last forever!

*maniacal laughter*

I have the original, so not quite convinced that I need this version, too.
Might be that Lord Keane slowly gets a bit nervous...
Good morning, everyone. I'm back from 10h of sleep. Let me catch up on the more than 20 pages you guys wrote in the meantime. :-)
Wow, a 20 button mouse? I didn't know such things existed.
Amazing what I am learning on this thread. :-) Heading off to ask Duckgo all about it.
MaGo72: Good morning, fellow GOGers.

Good to see that Din'S Curse and Driftmoon were Keaning. so still a chance for Xenonauts for me :). Oh my coffee, I need a coffeee, I NEEED A COFFEE.

Good Morning. Coffee is a good cue...
Hey, you never guess who got a crit....
zenwan: Wow, a 20 button mouse? I didn't know such things existed.
Amazing what I am learning on this thread. :-) Heading off to ask Duckgo all about it.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G600-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B0086UK7IQ
Geralt_of_Rivia: Good morning, everyone. I'm back from 10h of sleep. Let me catch up on the more than 20 pages you guys wrote in the meantime. :-)
Good morning. I haven't checked to see what went by whilst I was sleeping but I get the feeling it wasn't much. Things seem to be very slow lately, except for a few that fly by. I missed out on Pier Solar last night because I was put off by GOG's glitch and then my internet connection gave up, so that was that.
But since I came online an hour or so ago, nothing seems to have moved at all.
MaGo72: Good morning, fellow GOGers.

gamefood: Good Morning. Coffee is a good cue...
Hey, you never guess who got a crit....
You did get one? Grats,gamefood.
Just imagine, this time next year, some of us will be Keaning out to the 2016 Insomnia sale on an Oculus Rift or a Valve Vive VR in full mega 3D VR glory... hopefully. :) I just thought of that as I finished perusing several articles on the various VR gear out there. Now it has me wondering what if any games on GOG have VR support already built in and ready to go and what games will have it by the time the hardware is mainstream. No way to know for some time to come yet I guess, and I imagine GOG will slowly be adding game card updates to indicate VR hardware support on relevant titles when the time comes. Hrm, I guess Witcher 3 has support for it so we'll have that I guess.

This wait for decent VR tech is grueling to say the least!
genkicolleen: Me, too ^__^
CalicoPup: We all liberally sprinkle +1s around during Insomnia Sales. It's because we're all really tired.

And because we all secretly know that the pouch full of warm fuzzies is really never empty.
:-)
gamefood: I have the bad feeling Mr Knight wanna stay with us for days??
Anaxphone: The Knight shall last forever!

*maniacal laughter*

I have the original, so not quite convinced that I need this version, too.
You said that, and now I'm thinking of Forever Knight, the 90's TV show about a vampire who also manages to somehow be a homicide detective.
The_Blog: Wasn't their someone who wne't to sleep and wanted a copy of MIND: Path to Thalamus aswell as Din's Curse?

/EDIT: Was it MarkoH01 ?
Yes, I was begging for MIND (since it is one of the last two games I have on my final list) but it seems I was so worried about it that I managed to get up just 6hrs later and be able to snatch it. Now only Alan Wake is left - that is so ironic. The only thing that keeps me AWAKE is Alan WAKE. I hope that nobody already bought MIND for me - just keeping up reading the thread.

Oh, you all can call me Marko (it's my name and it would be my nickname if I was able to use it) :)