It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wow things are so slow I might be able to find the 2 hours that it will probably take me to create 4 characters in Wasteland 2 which I successfully finished downloading today.

When I say successfully I think so because I use linux and it's a 10 GB tarball and since GOG have no hashes for verify its safe I can only run it and work out it was corrupt when my computer explodes in a ball of flame.
skeletonbow: I thought "gamer girls" were just guys that set their gaming avatar photos to a randomly selected cute girl's photo off of Google images or Facebook so they can mock flirt with the wolfpack of gamer guys out there that have never even seen a girl, so they can get free games and other gifts from it and other special treatment. :)
I've know plenty others. Like Lady Vendetta on Xbox Live and some fellow retro collectors.
BTW, you reminded me of my old World of Warcraft times, when i made a female dark elf character, because i was tired of making male ones after my dwarf hunter, my troll shaman, my undead warrior and my human paladin. I was AMAZED about how many people gifted me BILLIONS of free rare objects and invited me continuously in every clan after i struggled to even find a decent party for months just because i had a female avatar. And i didn't even faked being a girl. People just assumed it because i had a female character, which is as dumb as thinking that anyone playing Tomb Raider is a girl.
Hmmm. Starting to get the feeling that Insomnia's going to sprawl out into next week...
CarrionCrow: Hmmm. Starting to get the feeling that Insomnia's going to sprawl out into next week...
GOG is giving us a chance to catch up on sleep to counter last 4 days of sleep deprivation.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by huN73R
CarrionCrow: Hmmm. Starting to get the feeling that Insomnia's going to sprawl out into next week...
huN73R: GOG is giving us a chance to catch up on sleep to counter last 4 days of sleep deprivation.
-laughs- Have had plenty of chance to sleep, still didn't miss anything from my initial purchase wave.

They might be carrying that thoughtful notion a bit too far.
ALH: Yeah that reflects what i have heard as well.Mismanagement.But still....so many wonderful memories from the Arcade to Sega Mega Drive and Dreamcast to Shenmue....Shenmue being arguably one of the greatest games ever made.....even recently played Alien: Isolation which i think is amazing.....Sega had a hand in that as well.....just doesn't seem right for Sega to ultimately be discarded.
Just look at what happened recently. A few months ago they put Valkyria Chronicles, a six years old game, on Steam, and it topped the sales charts in 24 hours.
Even being basically the shadow of their former self, they were able to make what's basically the best eastern stratetegic rpg of all times and they were able to make it flop by making it a PS3 exclusive, marketing it in the worst possible way, adding no language subtitles other than english to it and then they made the sequels directly on PSP, a less popular portable system with inferior hardware and consequent castrated features.
The Steam sales prove that with proper marketing choices, the game could have been a huge success, like Nintendo's Fire Emblem Awakening was, but they wasted its potential.
You can create the best IPs in the world, but if the management sucks, it doesn't mean anything.
The game designers at Sega even mocked the company's failure themselves, as Segagaga and, on a lesser extent, Compile Heart's Hyperdimension Neptunia showed.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Shendue
skeletonbow: I thought "gamer girls" were just guys that set their gaming avatar photos to a randomly selected cute girl's photo off of Google images or Facebook so they can mock flirt with the wolfpack of gamer guys out there that have never even seen a girl, so they can get free games and other gifts from it and other special treatment. :)
Shendue: I've know plenty others. Like Lady Vendetta on Xbox Live and some fellow retro collectors.
BTW, you reminded me of my old World of Warcraft times, when i made a female dark elf character, because i was tired of making male ones after my dwarf hunter, my troll shaman, my undead warrior and my human paladin. I was AMAZED about how many people gifted me BILLIONS of free rare objects and invited me continuously in every clan after i struggled to even find a decent party for months just because i had a female avatar. And i didn't even faked being a girl. People just assumed it because i had a female character, which is as dumb as thinking that anyone playing Tomb Raider is a girl.
It would be an interesting psychological experiment to repeat what you've done however I bet the results would be the same. I never thought about it before but I bet that actual female gamers must have to deal with a lot of crap online while gaming depending on what the games/forums/etc. are etc. just from the overall nature of the wolfpack out there. As for the clan joining though, that would fail when a clan game was on with voice chat without some special software or a staple gun. :)

Incidentally, I would bet money that the majority of people playing Tomb Raider are male. Two words:

boobs!
boobs!
I think we might find the truthful successor to the mantle of Keane in the fresh games.
djdarko: Speaking of ReBoot, I remember having some of the trading cards from that set:
infinityeight: Megabyte is such a fun villain. His mixture of politeness and badassery is great. And Tony Jay's voice work is to die for.
Probably my favourite show as a kid.
And it was a Canadian show!
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Fellin
skeletonbow: It would be an interesting psychological experiment to repeat what you've done however I bet the results would be the same. I never thought about it before but I bet that actual female gamers must have to deal with a lot of crap online while gaming depending on what the games/forums/etc. are etc. just from the overall nature of the wolfpack out there. As for the clan joining though, that would fail when a clan game was on with voice chat without some special software or a staple gun. :)

Incidentally, I would bet money that the majority of people playing Tomb Raider are male. Two words:

boobs!
boobs!
FPS multiplayer games tend to attract more assholes than MMO's, who are shitty to pretty much everyone, male or female. There's no moderation done in many FPS multiplayer games. They have the power to vote kick someone off server and it is misused a lot. Lots of L4D2 stories about this.
I have the bad feeling Mr Knight wanna stay with us for days??

Just checked the gamecard, the graphics are pretty nice, especially the third one from the right; for one moment I thought it's a photograph.
But the game has imo a bit few goodies for a 20th anniversary edition...
gamefood: I have the bad feeling Mr Knight wanna stay with us for days??

Just checked the gamecard, the graphics are pretty nice, especially the third one from the right; for one moment I thought it's a photograph.
But the game has imo a bit few goodies for a 20th anniversary edition...
I wonder whether I can finish the original if I start playing right now before this one leaves the sale.
Sage103082: Do we have any idea what is going to come up next? Is it random or has there been some type of pattern?

I have not been following at all but did pick up GK last night when a friend pointed me to it.
Hi, Sage! Haven't been paying close attention, but I think it's random.
gamefood: I have the bad feeling Mr Knight wanna stay with us for days??
The Knight shall last forever!

*maniacal laughter*

I have the original, so not quite convinced that I need this version, too.
Speaking of World of Warcraft, the trainer that taught me about technical service for customers at my workplace, when i was employed on that job, was a sexy half german-half brasilian redhead, with long luscious hairs and a hot body, Karolin, that co-leaded one of the major clans in the italian servers of WOW.
She invited me multiple times into joining her clan, but i refused because i don't like playing online with italian gamers (they are mostly kids and a-holes).
Another female gamer.
And i should add, now that i think about it, that save for a Metal Gear Solid fan i know, that is a little bit overweight, all female gamers i know are pretty sexy girls. Another thing that defies conventions.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Shendue