It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: There really should be an official defacto protocol for this. :) I've been watching for a few years now where someone goes to sleep and throws a last minute comment into a thread "If someone could buy this for me if it comes up, I'd appreciate it and will pay you back tomorrow." or similar, but they don't actually co-ordinate it with a specific individual. Since there are often several very helpful people willing to do such, as well as generous folk that often gift things to people, without co-ordination there is a high chance that 2 or 3 people or more could all buy the same game for the same person, then find out after and have spare codes they might not need/want. :)

It's just screaming for a 3-way negotiation handshake protocol of some kind to avoid collision. :)
The_Blog: I highly highly agree. We do need some sort of protocoll for these kind of situations. I am not sure if a seperate thread is a good idea but we need something ^^
I know I turned down a couple offers today because people knew I wanted games but I managed to grab them. It made me almost feel bad, because I wondered what those nice people would then do with the games..
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Mister-Gosh
Anyone would like Little Big Adventure or Quest for Glory 1-5....just like that.Let me know.

Hey maybe then someone might actually help me out with Commandos 2&3.Not looking for a gift.I'll return the equivalent....how hard can it be.
budejovice: Your trip sounds amazing. Definitely color me envious. But I'll be out and about soon enough.

I didn't read all the responses in your bush thread and haven't read your edited OP in a little while and I imagine they're covered in one of your kits, but don't forget sunglasses & sunscreen! :)
Shade over sunscreen and I have my sunglasses. Given that I am colour-blind and can see very well with minimal light, I also get photosensitive, so I almost always have them at all times. I will probably update my camping/sojourn thread when I get to my friend's house. I envisage that it will take me 2-3 days of research and exploring to find an appropriate area. Here is a satellite image of Oberon. I need to be within walking distance of there as well as find a source of water. Most of the area around Oberon is pastoral (yuk), so I shall be heading to the nearest tract of bush I can find. I can't wait for gather wood and make a fire as it has been far too long!
bler144: Flash I find hit and miss, but it keeps drawing me back as one of the few modern comic properties that has an optimistic core and is a break from the Frank Miller trend that seems to dominate (Gotham & Archer especially, but also Agents of Shield).

Flash feels a bit naively adolescent, but I think that's both its primary flaw and charm.
The problem is that superheroes, unless they are given the Alan Moore/Frank Miller treatment and are treated as serious business, like Nolan did in the Dark Knight series, may easily go out of control and become campy and goofy, by their very nature which is not much realistic to start with. Especially with low-budget stuff like tv series. They may end up looking like b-series kid shows, a la Power Rangers, very easily.
Not that there's anything inherently wrong with Power Rangers, but i'm 36 and i'm starting to be a little old to enjoy watching people in dinosaurs foam suits slapping each other with plastic swords.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Shendue
skeletonbow: There really should be an official defacto protocol for this. :) I've been watching for a few years now where someone goes to sleep and throws a last minute comment into a thread "If someone could buy this for me if it comes up, I'd appreciate it and will pay you back tomorrow." or similar, but they don't actually co-ordinate it with a specific individual. Since there are often several very helpful people willing to do such, as well as generous folk that often gift things to people, without co-ordination there is a high chance that 2 or 3 people or more could all buy the same game for the same person, then find out after and have spare codes they might not need/want. :)

It's just screaming for a 3-way negotiation handshake protocol of some kind to avoid collision. :)
I was thinking the same thing after experiencing this sale again. Well said :)
Mister-Gosh: I know I turned down a couple offers today because people knew I wanted games but I managed to grab them. It made me almost feel bad, because I wondered what those nice people would then do with the games..
I know the feeling. I've had someone offer me one that I missed, but I told them that I'd rather try to grab it myself on the last run instead. I know that they are still holding it for me, though. I'd rather not mooch if possible, of course...
INFERNO.COP: Holy hell these freshes are taking long. What's still left?
infinitee8: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post15563
Thanks.
apehater: its a quite interesting idea to play a dumb fps with voice control:

pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew

pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew
I would totally pay to play Postal 2 with voice controls.
ALH: Anyone would like Little Big Adventure or Quest for Glory 1-5....just like that.Let me know.

Hey maybe then someone might actually help me out with Commandos 2&3.Not looking for a gift.I'll return the equivalent....how hard can it be.
OMG. I think I just found the first video game I've ever played. LBA2. Wow. The nostalgia is pouring in. I never did beat the game because I didn't understand it, being 5 years old. But I knew there was something familiar about that main character.
apehater: its a quite interesting idea to play a dumb fps with voice control:

pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew

pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew
Shendue: I would totally pay to play Postal 2 with voice controls.
Shendue.....Shenmue....???
Shendue: Not that there's anything inherently wrong with Power Rangers, but i'm 36 and i'm starting to be a little old to enjoy watching people in dinosaurs foam suits slapping each other with plastic swords.
If you thought that Power Rangers can only be really cheesy and ridiculous then see this short film. :)
apehater: does someone get why gog did put two worlds to seasoned and two worlds 2 to fresh? i would put both to fresh.
trentonlf: I would guess it has something to do with the year released. Maybe 2007 was considered "seasoned'
2009 was the splitting year between seasoned and fresh.
ALH: Anyone would like Little Big Adventure or Quest for Glory 1-5....just like that.Let me know.

opticq: OMG. I think I just found the first video game I've ever played. LBA2. Wow. The nostalgia is pouring in. I never did beat the game because I didn't understand it, being 5 years old. But I knew there was something familiar about that main character.
Clever.Maybe.Maybe not.
opticq: OMG. I think I just found the first video game I've ever played. LBA2. Wow. The nostalgia is pouring in. I never did beat the game because I didn't understand it, being 5 years old. But I knew there was something familiar about that main character.
ALH: Clever.Maybe.Maybe not.
Sorry, what's clever?

At the end of sale like this might be slightly (a lot?) harder because many of us have already spent some money. Perhaps more than what we would have planned at the start.
:-)