It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

budejovice: The weekend after the corporate deadline and 3 weeks left to the individual deadline. It's really my only other possibility for a day off. Though with the way things are going it might not happen...

But I am sooo taking a week off in late April. Climb a few mountains near the OR/CA border, climb a few bits of my backlog.
That sounds lovely :) I'll be 3600ft(only 300ft higher than where I live) up near Oberon. I'm almost packed too! I take ages when packing and lay everything out and triple check everything as I am prone to forgetting things. I'm really looking forward to exploring the state forests and national park in the area as I do not know the area well.
Mister-Gosh: Ever vigilant, lol.
Si do I get it? You didn't yet, path is clear?
I just happened to be back on that page when I left, so when I refreshed the thread, the first thing I saw was people asking who wanted MIND :)

Edit: if you ever want to search a thread for a post by someone, the search function is dodgy and only returns quoted posts, and use the following http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/?search=Tarnicus

You can also enter their name or keyword next to the thread title. You can also turn up further results by doing a site search in a search engine, for example site:gog.com/forum Tarnicus
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Tarnicus
GhostwriterDoF: Let me know when they come up with another Wonder Woman that looks as good as Linda Carter,
or an antagonist that has the appeal of Julie Newmar's Cat Woman. :D
Shendue: Speaking of Linda Carter, i recently played some Lego Batman 3 with my nephew on PS4 and noticed that they added a classy touch: when you use Wonder Woman, everytime you fly, the music theme of the old series (Wonder Womaaaaan! Na-na-na na-na na-naaa!) plays in the background.
These Lego videogames actually surprised me. Even if they are clearly more targeted at younger players, they are actually very good, and they get better with every iteration.
I've never played nor seen any of the LEGO video games first hand, but I'd like to try them out some time or rather the little LEGO loving kid in me does (even though I've never touched a LEGO in like 30 years). Not sure what one I'd start with though, but the Lord of the Rings ones would probably be up there. Perhaps WB will bring more of the LEGO collection to GOG in the future.
INFERNO.COP: Holy hell these freshes are taking long. What's still left?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post15563
I'm asking this because I already bought an extra copy of LoG today and it happened to be useless. So I don't mind but I wanna be sure we're not buying three copies..!
skeletonbow: I've never played nor seen any of the LEGO video games first hand, but I'd like to try them out some time or rather the little LEGO loving kid in me does (even though I've never touched a LEGO in like 30 years)
I've played Lego Star Wars on the PS2 and they were real fun. If/when any of these go on sale, I'm grabbing them, even ones that I don't care about the parent franchise for, such as Harry Potter.

You should be good with any title of them you choose.
Tekkaman-James: Yeah, they lost me after Spider-Man's "One More Day" and then guaranteed my banishment with what they did to Spidey during "Civil War". I got to meet Quesada after all of that at a Q&A. Without getting long winded, he essentially told me that they don't make comic books for me, they make comic books for eight-year-olds who might be compelled to pick up a book after seeing a show or movie. Don't make comic books for me? The guy who has been supporting you for twenty years? Fine. Thanks for being honest, I guess. I'm out.
Well, makes sense from a business point of view. Many old readers may stop reading comics when they get older and at a certain point they'll die anyway, so they have to ensure that they capture a younger audience.
Problem is, they are incoherent at that. They want to do it yet the stories, unlike those of the golden age, are really adult in themes and mood. Nowadays they have sex, drugs, rape and all sorts of serious tones in comic books that it's not really thought to appeal kids. It doesn't look like they are trying to make comic books for 8 yo. It's like they are trying to make boos for 8 yo AND adults at the same time, and the result isn't really a good product marketed at kids nor a good product oriented at adults, but instead a crappy mix of boths that fails on every aspect.
There's still some good mini-series, special or graphic novel from time to time, but those are mostly out of continuity and are published as complete collections later on in comic book libraries anyway, so it's not like you miss anything terribly good if you don't read the regular series.

Tekkaman-James: As for Hal and Barry, I have never read a DC comic (aside from Lobo), so I can't really comment on their side of things. I just know that when Supes died back in the 90's, he wasn't gone for long.
For some time they used to be WAY better than Marvel comics in the last decade, but then they rebooted the whole universe, resurrecting Barry Allen, making Superman and Batman younger and stuff like that, and i lost interest.
You should really get at least Grant Morrison's run on JLA, which is a classic and very very entertaining, the 52 maxiseries, and both the Sinestro Corps and Darkest Night series from Green Lantern.
Those are extremely good.
Anaxphone: I've played Lego Star Wars on the PS2 and they were real fun. If/when any of these go on sale, I'm grabbing them, even ones that I don't care about the parent franchise for, such as Harry Potter.

You should be good with any title of them you choose.
Believe me, the new ones like the Lego Batman and Lego Marvel series are WAAAAAY better than those. They keep getting better and better. And i've heard great things about Lego City for Wii U.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Shendue
Mister-Gosh: I'm asking this because I already bought an extra copy of LoG today and it happened to be useless. So I don't mind but I wanna be sure we're not buying three copies..!
I won't get MIND as I grabbed a few copies of Driftmoon for another giveaway :)
Tarnicus: Heh I was just checking his post too. I haven't grab it yet but remembered someone wanted it. He was also after Alan Wake :)
The_Blog:
Mister-Gosh: Si do I get it? You didn't yet, path is clear?
Oh I'm sry I completly overread the second comment. I already got it. :)
Mister-Gosh: I'm asking this because I already bought an extra copy of LoG today and it happened to be useless. So I don't mind but I wanna be sure we're not buying three copies..!
There really should be an official defacto protocol for this. :) I've been watching for a few years now where someone goes to sleep and throws a last minute comment into a thread "If someone could buy this for me if it comes up, I'd appreciate it and will pay you back tomorrow." or similar, but they don't actually co-ordinate it with a specific individual. Since there are often several very helpful people willing to do such, as well as generous folk that often gift things to people, without co-ordination there is a high chance that 2 or 3 people or more could all buy the same game for the same person, then find out after and have spare codes they might not need/want. :)

It's just screaming for a 3-way negotiation handshake protocol of some kind to avoid collision. :)
Shendue: Speaking of Linda Carter,...
These Lego videogames actually surprised me. Even if they are clearly more targeted at younger players, they are actually very good, and they get better with every iteration.
GhostwriterDoF:
Did you ever play the pre-movie liscense LEGO games? Besides the Humongous games, those were my jam - LEGO Island, LEGO Stunt Rally, LEGO Loco, etc.

The_Blog: Oh I'm sry I completly overread the second comment. I already got it. :)
Whew, close one. He's gonna get the game, that's nice!! :-D
This is to the lovely GOG community who replied to my Commandos 2&3 request.You're all awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0rg6nC344

The_Blog: Oh I'm sry I completly overread the second comment. I already got it. :)
Awesome!! Love the spirit we all have here :-)
high rated
Tarnicus: That sounds lovely :) I'll be 3600ft(only 300ft higher than where I live) up near Oberon. I'm almost packed too! I take ages when packing and lay everything out and triple check everything as I am prone to forgetting things. I'm really looking forward to exploring the state forests and national park in the area as I do not know the area well.
Your trip sounds amazing. Definitely color me envious. But I'll be out and about soon enough.

I didn't read all the responses in your bush thread and haven't read your edited OP in a little while and I imagine they're covered in one of your kits, but don't forget sunglasses & sunscreen! :)
skeletonbow: There really should be an official defacto protocol for this. :) I've been watching for a few years now where someone goes to sleep and throws a last minute comment into a thread "If someone could buy this for me if it comes up, I'd appreciate it and will pay you back tomorrow." or similar, but they don't actually co-ordinate it with a specific individual. Since there are often several very helpful people willing to do such, as well as generous folk that often gift things to people, without co-ordination there is a high chance that 2 or 3 people or more could all buy the same game for the same person, then find out after and have spare codes they might not need/want. :)

It's just screaming for a 3-way negotiation handshake protocol of some kind to avoid collision. :)
I highly highly agree. We do need some sort of protocoll for these kind of situations. I am not sure if a seperate thread is a good idea but we need something ^^