It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trentonlf: The rep system is most certainly broken. You are one of the most polite and engaging members here on GOG but got put into the negative on rep because of the abuse of the system. That alone speaks volumes to how broke the system is.
Aw thanks for the kind words trentonlf, I appreciate it and was honestly not fishing for a compliment. :)
Shendue: Netflix isn't available in Italy yet. But i read they are working on it, contractation with ISPs is in motion.
And i thought germany was a late starter with netflix.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by ElTerprise
skeletonbow: *snip*
Tarnicus: Can you (or anyone else) name a source of protein that is higher than hemp seed? I have continually had people tell me that I am lacking protein by being vegetarian. Even the term "protein" is misleading as there are various types, and it appears to me that we need a variety of them.
Found some of my bookmarks on protein that you might find useful:
http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/protein.html
http://www.forksoverknives.com/slaying-protein-myth/

The first article is great because he includes direct links to all of the official sources of his information including various government websites and government studies, and other scientific materials, so people so inclined can go right to the horse's mouth and read it themselves as well. I read some of the original materials in the references although not all of them. Very interesting reading though for people such as myself interested in learning more about nutrition when not playing video games.
trentonlf: Out of Gas is my all time favorite episode!
My favorite non-main characters are Saffron *snicker* and Patience. "I do believe that woman is planning to shoot me again."
Post edited March 08, 2015 by genkicolleen
Tarnicus: The Force is with you Tom! I have been catching up the thread and saw you had another crit about 6 hours ago. Congrats! I am still at 2 crits; one game I did not want and the other I had :)
toxicTom: I think you mixed it up, but no worries. Shadowgate was my second crit, and it's actually one of the games on my wishlist, so I consider myself lucky. My first was Entomorph which I gave away.
Yup I mixed it up, nothing like a lack of sleep to enhance a lack of concentration and observation lol. My rep has broken through Beast Mode, so that means I can escape the Underworld! I just realised that this thread must be the Underworld, as I have been trapped here for days! Now I can finally move on :P
GhostwriterDoF: Brewers Yeast...

edit...
Also, I think cooking tomatoes and spinach pasta together is a whole protein source if I remember correctly...
Tarnicus: Thanks for mentioning brewers yeast. It seems that yeasts, molds and algae can rate very high and yet I struggle to eat any of them. I believe it is due to having a very high exposure to molds when I was young and then later in life. I cannot stomach them.
Well, brewers yeast isn't really a yeast, it is a byproduct of making beer, so you can rest assured you are not being exposed to something unpleasant in a different form... heh! And it comes in pill or powdered form. It has all the essential amino acids and is high in B complex vitamins as well. A good supplement for any vegetarian or vegan. :)
stg83: Aw thanks for the kind words trentonlf, I appreciate it and was honestly not fishing for a compliment. :)
You never do, but you do deserve them. Trust me when I say you make GOG a better place by engaging others the way you do.
Tarnicus: The times definitely are changing! I need to "walk the talk" more myself as my body has been battered about from mistreatment. I'm looking forward to feeling vital and healthy again, and it is definitely sickness and feeling a lack of vitality that has prompted my desire to change. I enjoy these discussions and learn so much from them :) My version of sharing is taking form in a creative work, where I hope to share a few of the survival skills that I have learned. I am amazed how people starve to death or dehydrate when food and water is plentiful, if one knows how to source it.

Now to get my stuff together instead of chatting non-stop! :)

Edit: I just noticed in a post hours ago that you are a fellow lover of Indian cuisine. It is one of my favourites to cook and eat! Indian cuisine has a strong link to Ayurvedic medicine :)
Indeed, Indian cuisine is high in turmeric which is one of the highest sources of food based antioxidants and cancer fighting properties, and lentils are also both good for bowel health, nutritious and easy to cook as well. I eat tonnes of lentils and beans - all homemade too from dry beans, none of that canned garbage. :)
Has never-ending nightmare appeared for third time yet?
Jacob_1994: Has never-ending nightmare appeared for third time yet?
No. It's still to come:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post15563
skeletonbow: Firstly, I wouldn't try to "prove" yourself to anyone if someone appears to be conflictual or biased. If they truly want to understand protein, there are plenty of resources online showing the WHO recommendations for protein intake and the breakdown into individual amino acids, corelated with data on various plant sources which shows that virtually the majority of plants provide adequate amount of protein. Additionally the WHO recommendations are about 4 times what the average healthy person needs as they are intended to accommodate people in countries taht are protein deficient as well. I've got bookmarks buried with all this info in it to official sources, I could dig them up sometime. Another thing to indicate is that cows are vegetarians, giraffes are vegetarians, elephants, hippos, and all of those animals don't seem to have any problems getting their protein. But perhaps my favourite way nowadays to share the info with people, is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n20uGGNoVdo Enjoy. :)

Although I get my protein from those sources, I do also get some from bacon, chicken, pork, eggs still, just not large amounts. :) Love the video though. :)
I love the video, very informative and amusing :) That's going to the bookmark list to share with friends who ask me the same question again and again. Thank you :)

WTF am I still doing in this thread? Maybe I am trapped :(
CalicoPup: I was at a Convention in Mississippi and we stopped in at a Japanese restaurant. I asked if the Miso Soup broth was made from meat and after going back to the kitchen to ask, our (100% American White Girl)server proudly declared that there was no meat in it, just fish.
You weren't aware that fish are vegetables? You've been living under a rock :D
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Tarnicus
trentonlf: Out of Gas is my all time favorite episode!
That, Jaynestown, and Ariel are the top 3 episodes of that series.
Jacob_1994: Has never-ending nightmare appeared for third time yet?
ElTerprise: No. It's still to come:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post15563
Thanks
stg83: Aw thanks for the kind words trentonlf, I appreciate it and was honestly not fishing for a compliment. :)
trentonlf: You never do, but you do deserve them. Trust me when I say you make GOG a better place by engaging others the way you do.
*Blush* I don't do anything special really but just try to adhere to Wheaton's Law and treat folks online as how I would if I met them face to face. Now stop please, before people start thinking I have actually paid you to say all that. :)

PS: The check is in the mail. ;)
huN73R: That, Jaynestown, and Ariel are the top 3 episodes of that series.
I enjoyed all the episodes, but I personally was not a big fan of Jaynes so the Jaynestown episode was not one of my favorites.