It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Shouldn't this be the normal forum behaviour anyway ;).
Mister-Gosh: I absolutely ****ing agree, it souldbe the ****ing norm. Be friendly and not act as a **** or an *** or a son of a ****ing ***** should be the basics of every ****head on any ****ing forum.
That, and to watch the ****** language, of ****ing course.
hahaha. Explain that to the steam community :).
Post edited March 08, 2015 by ElTerprise
Tarnicus: Notice a few high rated posts of mine, and yet I still have the Rep of the Beast. Locked I tell you, banished to the underworld for all of GOGternity!
Tolmar: Stuck in an everlasting insomnia sale where the only game for sale is Jack Keane 2
I will be escaping the sale later today! I will probably have net access when at my friend's house on the way to camping, and knowing me, will probably drop in and say hello again :)
Tarnicus: I will never forget eating at a Chinese restaurant in the 80s and seeing under the vegetarian menu "vegetable chicken". WTF kind of vegetable is a chicken? Unless they were referring to it's state of mind :P
I was at a Convention in Mississippi and we stopped in at a Japanese restaurant. I asked if the Miso Soup broth was made from meat and after going back to the kitchen to ask, our (100% American White Girl)server proudly declared that there was no meat in it, just fish.
The_Blog: That certainly is a good advise, but I am generally interested in how things work. Not to exploit, but to understand the mechanics. =)
skeletonbow: Basically from observation over several years, how it works is the more someone cares about their rep score, the lower it becomes, and the more they ask about it in the forums, the lower it goes, while the less they care about it the higher it goes, but it doesn't matter because they don't care and anyone the care about doesn't care either. :)

That's not the numerical answer you're probably seeking, but it's the factual one from the streets. :)
No this is certainly not the advice I am looking for, but it is a good on no matter what. Would still love to know how it works, but I guess that is a waste of effort.
Tarnicus: Notice a few high rated posts of mine, and yet I still have the Rep of the Beast. Locked I tell you, banished to the underworld for all of GOGternity!
trentonlf: I've been plussing all your posts since you got to 666 LOL
And yet it amounts to naught :D Or in this case, 666! It has been one of the more amusing things to happen to me during this sale :)
Tolmar: Stuck in an everlasting insomnia sale where the only game for sale is Jack Keane 2
Tarnicus: I will be escaping the sale later today! I will probably have net access when at my friend's house on the way to camping, and knowing me, will probably drop in and say hello again :)
Considering the current "speed" it may take another week to end this promo ;).
Oh how I wished and hoped for a crit on either of these two games throughout this promo but Alas, it was not meant to be. Why have you forsaken me so GOG RNG Freebie Algo?! *dramatic pause* well that is not entirely true since I did get three crits. ;)
skeletonbow: *snip*
Tarnicus: Can you (or anyone else) name a source of protein that is higher than hemp seed? I have continually had people tell me that I am lacking protein by being vegetarian. Even the term "protein" is misleading as there are various types, and it appears to me that we need a variety of them.

Some random article listing the "Top 10 Foods Highest in Protein" that fails to mention hemp seed. The highest source on that list has 36% protein. Even the Wiki on hemp states it is 37%. I grabbed some raw hemp protein powder the other day to test it out, as I am in dire need of some healing and rebuilding my muscles, and was surprised to see the protein content be 53%
Firstly, I wouldn't try to "prove" yourself to anyone if someone appears to be conflictual or biased. If they truly want to understand protein, there are plenty of resources online showing the WHO recommendations for protein intake and the breakdown into individual amino acids, corelated with data on various plant sources which shows that virtually the majority of plants provide adequate amount of protein. Additionally the WHO recommendations are about 4 times what the average healthy person needs as they are intended to accommodate people in countries taht are protein deficient as well. I've got bookmarks buried with all this info in it to official sources, I could dig them up sometime. Another thing to indicate is that cows are vegetarians, giraffes are vegetarians, elephants, hippos, and all of those animals don't seem to have any problems getting their protein. But perhaps my favourite way nowadays to share the info with people, is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n20uGGNoVdo Enjoy. :)

Although I get my protein from those sources, I do also get some from bacon, chicken, pork, eggs still, just not large amounts. :) Love the video though. :)
trentonlf: I've been plussing all your posts since you got to 666 LOL
Tarnicus: And yet it amounts to naught :D Or in this case, 666! It has been one of the more amusing things to happen to me during this sale :)
667. You're redeemed.

Edit: 668 now.
Attachments:
Post edited March 08, 2015 by ElTerprise
Tarnicus: Haha I have met quite a few of those "vegetarians" who only eat meat in closets! My only meat consumption since 22 has been accidental, usually in the form of it being in takeaway or restaurant meals, often from Asian cuisine. I will never forget eating at a Chinese restaurant in the 80s and seeing under the vegetarian menu "vegetable chicken". WTF kind of vegetable is a chicken? Unless they were referring to it's state of mind :P
I do remember eating in a resteraunt a few weeks ago and they had vegetarian beans wrapped in bacon. ^^
The_Blog: No this is certainly not the advice I am looking for, but it is a good on no matter what. Would still love to know how it works, but I guess that is a waste of effort.
The way Rep is supposed to work is each day you post you get one rep point. If you see a post from someone that made you laugh or was very helpful you give them a +, and the inverse is if someone posts very negative or offensive posts you give them a -. With enough pluses or minuses your rep moves up or down. I believe it can move 5 a day one way or the other.
Tarnicus: And yet it amounts to naught :D Or in this case, 666! It has been one of the more amusing things to happen to me during this sale :)
ElTerprise: 667. You're redeemed.
Indeed, Tarnicus has been through hell and back finally. ;)
The_Blog: No this is certainly not the advice I am looking for, but it is a good on no matter what. Would still love to know how it works, but I guess that is a waste of effort.
trentonlf: The way Rep is supposed to work is each day you post you get one rep point. If you see a post from someone that made you laugh or was very helpful you give them a +, and the inverse is if someone posts very negative or offensive posts you give them a -. With enough pluses or minuses your rep moves up or down. I believe it can move 5 a day one way or the other.
I always wondered how it worked, but was FAR too lazy to actually look it up myself.

+1 to you for that, Good Fellow Forumite.
skeletonbow: Indeed, but things are changing slowly now.

*snip*

10 years ago discussing such topics was generally highly controversial, and while it still is for many people now, there's a lot more people open to it and to questioning old long held (but false) "wisdom". :) I'll pretty much discuss such things with anyone with an open mind who is interested in learning more about it, although I will pretty much walk away from discussions where people are clearly biased and try to challenge everything and have a highly conflictual nature/bias as it's not worth my time to try to convince anyone of anything they don't have any interest in or desire to learn more about. I'd rather spend whatever time I'd end up wasting doing that further doing more research into next week's meal plan. :) Well, or wasting time on GOG forums LOL
The times definitely are changing! I need to "walk the talk" more myself as my body has been battered about from mistreatment. I'm looking forward to feeling vital and healthy again, and it is definitely sickness and feeling a lack of vitality that has prompted my desire to change. I enjoy these discussions and learn so much from them :) My version of sharing is taking form in a creative work, where I hope to share a few of the survival skills that I have learned. I am amazed how people starve to death or dehydrate when food and water is plentiful, if one knows how to source it.

Now to get my stuff together instead of chatting non-stop! :)

Edit: I just noticed in a post hours ago that you are a fellow lover of Indian cuisine. It is one of my favourites to cook and eat! Indian cuisine has a strong link to Ayurvedic medicine :)
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Tarnicus
trentonlf: The way Rep is supposed to work is each day you post you get one rep point. If you see a post from someone that made you laugh or was very helpful you give them a +, and the inverse is if someone posts very negative or offensive posts you give them a -. With enough pluses or minuses your rep moves up or down. I believe it can move 5 a day one way or the other.
theres no limit on derep