It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

genkicolleen: ... Maybe people with below a certain rep -- say 50 -- shouldn't be allowed to downrep posts? That might help, as I know that the trolls use alt accounts to accomplish their dastardly deeds XD
A good suggestion - or maybe a required threshold of #x games owned? Since in theory someone who wanted to boost up a troll account with rep could just rep themselves from alt accounts.

Buying games would require actual money.

That would also work better for me since I have a ton of games but have basically no rep ;)
hyexomus: I am in awe !
Didn't think it was even possible ! :)
I even slept with my tablet in case I couldn't fall asleep. :D
skeletonbow: Ok so you're now the first person to present a viable reason to own a tablet to me. :) Now I just have to wait until Mozilla starts producing and selling their FirefoxOS tablets in Canada so I can own a tablet without wanting to stab people in the neck with the eraser end of a pencil with the eraser removed. :)
I've been using my phone this sale, it's quicker than my old nook tablet, actually think the processor is better than my PC in some ways. Time for a new PC...

Only problem with phone is I can't rep anyone - small button and fat fingers
skeletonbow: LOL
That is probably the shortest post I have ever seen from you so I have preserved it with a screenshot. :P

Seriously though well said about the arbitrary meaningless rep number which I certainly agree with as per mine being in the negative range for quite a long time in the past. :)
Attachments:
Post edited March 07, 2015 by stg83
genkicolleen: ... Maybe people with below a certain rep -- say 50 -- shouldn't be allowed to downrep posts? That might help, as I know that the trolls use alt accounts to accomplish their dastardly deeds XD
bler144: A good suggestion - or maybe a required threshold of #x games owned? Since in theory someone who wanted to boost up a troll account with rep could just rep themselves from alt accounts.

Buying games would require actual money.

That would also work better for me since I have a ton of games but have basically no rep ;)
So then they ask a question in a game subforum, and have one of their other low rep accounts answer it and mark it as the right answer, gain rep, then they script it to do that a zillion times with each account. Rep remains useless. :)
Critical Hit on Shadowgate! YESS!
hyexomus: I am in awe !
Didn't think it was even possible ! :)
I even slept with my tablet in case I couldn't fall asleep. :D
skeletonbow: Ok so you're now the first person to present a viable reason to own a tablet to me. :) Now I just have to wait until Mozilla starts producing and selling their FirefoxOS tablets in Canada so I can own a tablet without wanting to stab people in the neck with the eraser end of a pencil with the eraser removed. :)
LOL
Actually you can replace a tablet with a mobile phone with wifi, but with the lack of sleep, didn't think much.
And on a mobile, it is harder to "tap" on a tiny (and blurry) "BUY" button ! :)
Mister-Gosh: I'm on the fence, could someone tell me what games Pier Solar is like?
gogamess: It's a remade of the old SEGA Megadrive RPG game, you can get more info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pier_Solar_and_the_Great_Architects

http://www.piersolar.com/
Crap, too late! Thanks though !
Fresh deal: Shadowgate: Special Edition (-80%) [800]
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Grargar
toxicTom: Critical Hit on Shadowgate! YESS!
Nice

Edit : appears you got my free copy
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Tolmar
stg83: That is probably the shortest post I have ever seen from you so I have preserved it with a screenshot. :P

Seriously though well said about the arbitrary meaningless rep number which I certainly agree with as per mine being in the negative range for quite a long time in the past. :)
Wow. A reply to my post got a screenshot. I'm sort of proud of myself now. :)
stg83: That is probably the shortest post I have ever seen from you so I have preserved it with a screenshot. :P

Bwahahahaha... touche! :) Well, you're up to 6 now so hold in there! :)
Tarnicus: I know the plant you speak of well as it grows wild where I live. Hypericum perforatum aka St John's Wort, a very good anti-depressant and easy to identify. The flowers are yellow but turn red when crushed. Leave in a dark jar with an oil such as olive oil, sealed airtight and in 3 weeks the actives will leech into the oil to provide an even dosage. One teaspoon per day does wonders but can have the side effect of photo-sensitivity.

And with that said, it is time for me to head to rest. Take care everyone and thanks for some wonderfully stimulating, enlightening and enjoyable conversation. I'm not sure if I will get a chance to be back on before I go bush, but I will if I can. Favourite this thread to see a massive giveaway with games from this sale and others. I will create the giveaway and link it here when I return, which at this point is "when I am healthier and ready to"

:)
Turtlesaur: yeah that one. But wait dont go yet, that .. 1 teaspoon per day, you dont mean we should drink it right?

But on the other hand, if you say side effect could be x vision, im all for it.

ah and im off too for a bit, so cya all and thanks for making insomnia sale so much fun. My first gog sale and i really loved it. Even with $ value going out of hands. someone do something about it ffs, soon enough everything except $ is going to be worthless :D
Yes St John's Wort can be and is taken internally (besides the application you mentioned, which I haven't tried before). The best advice I can give is to use what works to you. Some will swear by it, others will say it is useless. We are a complex make-up of genetics and environment, and are the product of all of our ancestors. It is very easy for something to work on one person and not another as a result. Our systems also build up resistance, as do the little parasites within that we all carry. Mine are immune to amoxycillan (antibiotic) and yet garlic still works wonders. The same lesson can be applied to diet (which is medicine), where we thrive with a varied diet sourcing nutrition from various sources. I generally use my senses to determine that. When something tastes delicious, I am in need of it. When I consume it too much, it doesn't taste so good anymore and I can swap the source to get similar nutrition.

I prefer food to pills and herbal preparations to chemical extracts, but that is my preference and not one that I try to ram down other people's throats like I used to :)
toxicTom: Critical Hit on Shadowgate! YESS!
A well placed shot, grats.
hyexomus: LOL
Actually you can replace a tablet with a mobile phone with wifi, but with the lack of sleep, didn't think much.
And on a mobile, it is harder to "tap" on a tiny (and blurry) "BUY" button ! :)
Ugh, but then it's a mobile phone... I think I'd rather staple bologna to my face with a pneumatic staple gun and dip my face in acetone then sit it down on the ramp where the balls come back at a bowling alley during a bowling tournament than own a mobile phone. But that's just me! :)
Finally. Shadowgate. Was afraid that will miss it for third time :)