It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: Buying groceries, and I still have some to put away that I should probably put away right now. Doh! :)
MarkoH01: You can actually LEAVE the monitor? I have to try that.
I am in awe !
Didn't think it was even possible ! :)
I even slept with my tablet in case I couldn't fall asleep. :D
Crap, just got back after 10 hours and now I have to disappear for about another two hours. Who knows, maybe a whopping TWO games will come and go while I'm gone.
Maxvorstadt: Btw, how exactly does the rep system work? I read the faq, but I still don`t understand how it exactly works.
genkicolleen: You get one rep automatically for each day that you post on the forum. Additional rep can be had in two ways: Posting something that is very helpful, kind, eloquent, generous (that kind of thing) that makes a lot of people click on the + button on your post. You'll sometimes see a green "High-rated" or orange "Low-rated" on specific posts -- that's when a lot of people have hit the + or - on that post. You get rep bonuses (or subtractions) when this happens.

Another way to get a rep bonus is by giving the best answer on a posted question. See THIS POST as an example. I posted the thread as a question (there's a button when you make a new topic that allows you to do this) and DeMignon gave a great answer, so I marked his post as the most helpful, which gave him a +5 to his rep.
Thanks for the info! Gave +1 for this post.
G'day again :)

Only 500 posts to catch up on whilst packing.
The fresh is getting stale :/
high rated
toxicTom: Who would downrep you of all people?!
genkicolleen: That's why I'm not worried about it, because anyone who is truly a part of this forum knows what kind of person I am, regardless of the number under my name ^__^ Sometimes people have poor rep for a reason, but even people like Foxy can be targeted. It's a flaw in the rep system that has not yet been resolved.

... Maybe people with below a certain rep -- say 50 -- shouldn't be allowed to downrep posts? That might help, as I know that the trolls use alt accounts to accomplish their dastardly deeds XD
One thing the rep system can not reflect is someone's real world reputation and personality as well as other relevant traits everyone has, however everyone who posts here has a variety of traits both good and bad and the combination of their personality and all of these other traits forms their actual reputation in the eyes of each individual that observes them over time. A single numerical score like "rep" can never reflect that, and a single person can have a terrible reputation to the community at large but have a good reputation to a select few or subset of the community. Likewise a person could have a wonderful reputation to the community as a whole but a bad reputation with certain select individuals or subset of the community. The "rep" score can never replace one's actual reputation as seen through the eyes of the individual though, no matter how high it climbs nor how low it drops (for real or artificially).

But anyone who uses the forums long enough eventually is likely to realize this and join the ranks of people who don't care about the rep score at all nor use it for anything meaningful. A handful of giveaways in the forums use a positive rep score of 50 points or similar as an entry requirement, but many of them will make exceptions and allow people who have a lower rep score but have demonstrated their worth to the community via their personality, their generosity or some other positive traits. Likewise, someone could have 1000 rep score and be a real jerk, and be excluded from things too, and I've seen that happen as well.

So the rep score is really truly meaningless, and the best thing anyone can do for their reputation here in the forums or anywhere online really, is to just be a genuinely good person to people, and try to avoid conflict and have a mostly positive attitude and be friendly and courteous etc. Nobody is perfect at this of course, but if one genuinely prefers to be this way then they will tend to do it more often than not and people do notice, and then one's reputation speaks for itself.

I have to admit though, it would be cool if GOG replaced the rep score system with a more intricate D&D style system that had many multiple attributes and a plethora of smart code behind it to make it mean something and avoid gamability of the numbers. :) Not sure if that's doable, but imagine if we all had a D&D style character sheet in our profiles, complete with savings throws against Insomnia sales and the like. LOL
I'm on the fence, could someone tell me what games Pier Solar is like?
skeletonbow: Buying groceries, and I still have some to put away that I should probably put away right now. Doh! :)
I believe it might be possible to buy some dried goods online and other foods, but sadly one must purchase produce and certain other goods in person to get it fresh and to know for certain it is the "good ones" and not the ones someone kicked across the floor with a caterpillar living inside. :)

So, sadly I did have to leave the monitor, but I was glued to it right up until my buddy came in and tied a rope around me and tugged me outside and threw me in the trunk. :)
skeletonbow: Not sure if that's doable, but imagine if we all had a D&D style character sheet in our profiles, complete with savings throws against Insomnia sales and the like. LOL
That would be SO cool, it's beyond imagination!

A great post altogether, I gave it a + (not that it matters to you, since rep doesn't matter :)
skeletonbow: Not sure if that's doable, but imagine if we all had a D&D style character sheet in our profiles, complete with savings throws against Insomnia sales and the like. LOL
markuspeltonen: That would be SO cool, it's beyond imagination!

A great post altogether, I gave it a + (not that it matters to you, since rep doesn't matter :)
LOL
Mister-Gosh: Counter-repping I guess?
Maxvorstadt: Counter repping? Ah, I understand. After the spam wars we`re now in the rep battles! weird thing, that is. Btw, how exactly does the rep system work? I read the faq, but I still don`t understand how it exactly works.
How the Rep System Really Works

1/ Buy +1s with giveaways
2/ Gather a "gang", this can include but is not limited to alternate accounts.
3/ Face off enemy gangs in "rep battles". I imagine it looks a bit like this.
4/ Employ "hackers" to run scripts to raise your "gang's" status and destroy your enemies. Action video!
5/ ???
6/ 666 REPZ!

I sincerely hope this guide helps :P
hyexomus: I am in awe !
Didn't think it was even possible ! :)
I even slept with my tablet in case I couldn't fall asleep. :D
Ok so you're now the first person to present a viable reason to own a tablet to me. :) Now I just have to wait until Mozilla starts producing and selling their FirefoxOS tablets in Canada so I can own a tablet without wanting to stab people in the neck with the eraser end of a pencil with the eraser removed. :)
I hope this sale (with 51 games to come) with last at least one week ...
Maxvorstadt: Counter repping? Ah, I understand. After the spam wars we`re now in the rep battles! weird thing, that is. Btw, how exactly does the rep system work? I read the faq, but I still don`t understand how it exactly works.
Tarnicus: How the Rep System Really Works

1/ Buy +1s with giveaways
2/ Gather a "gang", this can include but is not limited to alternate accounts.
3/ Face off enemy gangs in "rep battles". I imagine it looks a bit like this.
4/ Employ "hackers" to run scripts to raise your "gang's" status and destroy your enemies. Action video!
5/ ???
6/ 666 REPZ!

I sincerely hope this guide helps :P
LOL! Oh my... watching the video from #3 reminded me just how bad the 80s really were even though I don't remember them being that horrible. LOL
Mister-Gosh: I'm on the fence, could someone tell me what games Pier Solar is like?
It's a remade of the old SEGA Megadrive RPG game, you can get more info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pier_Solar_and_the_Great_Architects

http://www.piersolar.com/