It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maxvorstadt: Wich posts are downrepped and how can I see this?
genkicolleen: Eh~ I'm not fussed enough to look. I just know that this is the only thread I've been posting in recently, and that my rep is down about 10 points since the sale started.
Fixed this - or at leat I tried.
bler144: I've upvoted about half your posts, but I'll start repping all the ones I see just to offset the downvotes somewhat :)

I've enjoyed all your contributions to the conversation.
Also uprepped all here posts on the last few pages.
genkicolleen: Eh~ I'm not fussed enough to look. I just know that this is the only thread I've been posting in recently, and that my rep is down about 10 points since the sale started.
MarkoH01: Fixed this - or at leat I tried.
How?
MarkoH01: Fixed this - or at leat I tried.
Maxvorstadt: How?
Counter-repping I guess?
Shendue:
I've got that notification when it was in the middle of the freaking lot. And it does mean that you nearly missed the free game, just as when you get one you'll get a similar message saying that you scored a critical hit.
Maxvorstadt: How?
Mister-Gosh: Counter-repping I guess?
Counter repping? Ah, I understand. After the spam wars we`re now in the rep battles! weird thing, that is. Btw, how exactly does the rep system work? I read the faq, but I still don`t understand how it exactly works.
ariaspi: I'm interested, if it's ok with Mister-Gosh. This way I'm motivated to grab "Alan Wake" when it will be later on sale. :)
Mister-Gosh: But it isn't redeemed though, you can have it if you want, no problem with me!
That is very kind of you. In that case I will PM the code to ariaspi as well if you don't mind...
Shendue:
blotunga: I've got that notification when it was in the middle of the freaking lot. And it does mean that you nearly missed the free game, just as when you get one you'll get a similar message saying that you scored a critical hit.
Oh? Like you are one or two clicks late? Because I've had my share of those..
Mister-Gosh: But it isn't redeemed though, you can have it if you want, no problem with me!
Mojra: That is very kind of you. In that case I will PM the code to ariaspi as well if you don't mind...
Not at all, if he's gonna get Wake he's better off with American Nightmare than me!
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Mister-Gosh
MarkoH01: And where were you 30 minutes ago?
skeletonbow: Buying groceries, and I still have some to put away that I should probably put away right now. Doh! :)
You can actually LEAVE the monitor? I have to try that.
No, there's a bug where you get the message whenever there's a game priced at $4.89 in this sale. Normally it means that all of the copies sold out...
blotunga: I've got that notification when it was in the middle of the freaking lot. And it does mean that you nearly missed the free game, just as when you get one you'll get a similar message saying that you scored a critical hit.
It is a statement that is supposed to play if someone snags the last copy before you do. Some games erroneously have it show on every click from the beginning. Pier Solar was one of them. It's a bug, not a notification that everyone almost got a critical hit.
Mister-Gosh: Not at all, if he's gonna get Wake he's better off with American Nightmare than me!
Something like that. I think that you do something like a d100 roll and if you score a 100 you get a free game, if you roll 95 or over then you get the miss message. But this is just speculation of course.
Mojra: That is very kind of you. In that case I will PM the code to ariaspi as well if you don't mind...
Thank you, guys! Much appreciated. Now I would definitely get the first part in the next hours of the sale. :)
+1 rep for you two!
ariaspi: Hey guys, I have some questions for you. When you do backups for your GOG games, you save just the installers, or the bonus content too (movies, artwork, music etc.)? Do you make checksum/hash files for them?

Also, for some games, it seems to be big discrepancies between the listed installer size and the downloaded size. For example: Jagged Alliance 2 - listed 546 MB, downloaded 412 MB; Deus Ex GOTY - listed 431 MB, downloaded 364.
I'm downloading the Windows versions from the browser, not using the GOG Downloader. I don't think it's about corrupted downloads because I downloaded them twice and the connection is stable between 2-4 MB/s.
MarkoH01: Here is a discussion about backup behavior.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/do_you_trust_your_library_or_backup_your_collection/?search=trust
i backup the games (setups) on a 2nd 1 TB internal drive , and again on an extern 1TB usb drive
i also rar the installed versions cause drm free games can be run from that folder.
Then i brun the setups on a dvd ofcourse i dont burn the dvd full i always leave some room .
I also burn a dvd only (single side so no 8 gb) with the rarred games

After that is done (a lot of time has past ) i make a 2nd backup on DVD so if i should require 30 dvd it would 60 dvd
i do have to be honest and tell that i always backup my favoriate games (jagged alliance etc etc)
then the less games only once
So the good stuff first and a double dvd copy ,the 2nd batch 1dvd copy and the few lesser games wont be backupped.
high rated
Maxvorstadt: Btw, how exactly does the rep system work? I read the faq, but I still don`t understand how it exactly works.
You get one rep automatically for each day that you post on the forum. Additional rep can be had in two ways: Posting something that is very helpful, kind, eloquent, generous (that kind of thing) that makes a lot of people click on the + button on your post. You'll sometimes see a green "High-rated" or orange "Low-rated" on specific posts -- that's when a lot of people have hit the + or - on that post. You get rep bonuses (or subtractions) when this happens.

Another way to get a rep bonus is by giving the best answer on a posted question. See THIS POST as an example. I posted the thread as a question (there's a button when you make a new topic that allows you to do this) and DeMignon gave a great answer, so I marked his post as the most helpful, which gave him a +5 to his rep.