It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

markuspeltonen: DAMN this Insomnia Sale can be frustrating! I just bought Shadowrun Returns thinking I'll be able to catch also Dragonfall later on, only to check the sales list and find out it was on last night.

900 copies, almost four hours, and I woke up 9 MINUTES after it had sold out.

I got most of what I wanted from this sale, so I shouldn't be too upset, but NINE MINUTES. Jeez!
I know how you feel man. I fell asleep trying to decide whether or not I wanted the game, and woke up 4 hours later to see it disappear.
blotunga: Actually it's not a bug. It's a notification that you almost scored a critical hit (meaning you almost got a free copy).
Nope, you're wrong. It's a notification that tells you that THE OFFER HAS EXPIRED, it's written in the message. It has nothing to do with the critical hits.
And it's indeed a bug, because it not only appears when you click on "buy it" after the copies are all gone because the page didn't reload, which is correct, but also when there are still copies availabile. It happens on several games.
Maxvorstadt: Wow! Didn`t notice that. Your rep is 559 at the moment, I`ll try to keep an eye on this.
Maybe somebody doesn`t like you? Somebody from your real life, who knows your GoG name?
No worries~ I have no enemies; trolls just target random people sometimes. *shrugs*
skeletonbow: In general if I have a working copy of something on Steam I wont buy it again anywhere unless I am getting something out of it that is worth spending the extra money which is not likely in most cases. One exception are if it is a GOG bundle where you have to buy all of the games to get the biggest discount, but avoiding the game or games I have loses the discount and I'd actually end up paying more for just the games I want than if I bought all of them including the ones I already have. I do rebuy on GOG some games I have on CD/DVD, but it depends on the game and my perception of convenience for that particular game. If a game is on like 90 CDs for example, I will attach my money to the CDs and throw them like frisbees to poland to pay for the GOG version for the convenience it provides.

HEY TEX MURPHY! YEAH, I'M TALKING TO YOU!

:oP
MarkoH01: And where were you 30 minutes ago?
Buying groceries, and I still have some to put away that I should probably put away right now. Doh! :)
Mojra: Good evening dear Insomniacs :) I would like to thank you all for keeping alive this entertaining thread. On the other hand is really hard to keep up to date with reading all of the posts...

I was lucky to have a critical hit on 'Alan Wake's American Nightmare' a while ago, and although I really appreciate GOG for the free game, since I already have this game and I would like to give it to someone. Do you know of anyone who might be interested in this game?
I'm interested, if it's ok with Mister-Gosh. This way I'm motivated to grab "Alan Wake" when it will be later on sale. :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: The constant lack of sleep is starting to take its toll. I need to go to bed early and I hope I get more than 3h of sleep today. Good night.
MsParanoid: Good night and sleep well!
Sleep well, Geralt.
high rated
Ok fellas, now that I'm back from my fatherly duty, I am proud to tell you how well this sale went for me!
I got :
-LoG 2
- Dragonfall
- Banished
-Doorkickers
-Dead State
- Mark of the Ninja (tried it, a really good surprise, as I should have expected with Klei)
-Nox (OF COURSE!)
- KoDP

I got generously offered :
-Baldur"s Gate
- Torchlight
-And other games that I already had and so refused, but the intention was there and I was very touched by the thought(s)!

I did Crit
-Bard's tale
- A story about My Uncle

And so I gifted
-Bard's tale
- A story about My Uncle
-Two copies of Beyond Good And Evil (that I bought only for this purpose, this community has a very healthy influence on me).

So thanks again to all of you !!
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Mister-Gosh
genkicolleen: Eh~ I'm not fussed enough to look. I just know that this is the only thread I've been posting in recently, and that my rep is down about 10 points since the sale started.
Who would downrep you of all people?!
high rated
bler144: I've enjoyed all your contributions to the conversation.
Why thank you~!
Mojra: Good evening dear Insomniacs :) I would like to thank you all for keeping alive this entertaining thread. On the other hand is really hard to keep up to date with reading all of the posts...

I was lucky to have a critical hit on 'Alan Wake's American Nightmare' a while ago, and although I really appreciate GOG for the free game, since I already have this game and I would like to give it to someone. Do you know of anyone who might be interested in this game?
ariaspi: I'm interested, if it's ok with Mister-Gosh. This way I'm motivated to grab "Alan Wake" when it will be later on sale. :)
I have already sent the code to Mister-Gosh... Sorry :(
evanmv13: So, I know that I missed the better Shadowrun (Dragonfall), but is Shadowrun Returns any good? I'm just about done with Fallout 2 and I want to play another isometric, turn-based RPG. I also have Arcanum, so for those who have played both, which one do you prefer?
Shendue: It's not as good as Fallout and has a lot less freedom, but is entertaining non the less. Dragonfall has a much better story tho.
Remember that the game has an editor, so there are fan-made story campaigns around, just search the internet.
Arcanum is completely different, it's more like steampunk Diablo. It's not a turn based sci-fi rpg.
Actually I believe for Arcanum one can choose whether to do TB or real-time.

Also, there is an unofficial community patch that does a lot of bugfixes and content restoration, so definitely look into that as well.
genkicolleen: Eh~ I'm not fussed enough to look. I just know that this is the only thread I've been posting in recently, and that my rep is down about 10 points since the sale started.
bler144: I've upvoted about half your posts, but I'll start repping all the ones I see just to offset the downvotes somewhat :)

I've enjoyed all your contributions to the conversation.
Well, if you upvoted so much of her/his posts and she/he still has such a big loss of rep, then it looks like a massive downrepping attack!

ariaspi: I'm interested, if it's ok with Mister-Gosh. This way I'm motivated to grab "Alan Wake" when it will be later on sale. :)
But it isn't redeemed though, you can have it if you want, no problem with me!
Mojra: I have already sent the code to Mister-Gosh... Sorry :(
That's ok. My bad, I was posting too late. :)
high rated
toxicTom: Who would downrep you of all people?!
That's why I'm not worried about it, because anyone who is truly a part of this forum knows what kind of person I am, regardless of the number under my name ^__^ Sometimes people have poor rep for a reason, but even people like Foxy can be targeted. It's a flaw in the rep system that has not yet been resolved.

... Maybe people with below a certain rep -- say 50 -- shouldn't be allowed to downrep posts? That might help, as I know that the trolls use alt accounts to accomplish their dastardly deeds XD