It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wish this Pier Solar includes the SEGA Dreamcast version T_T
The_Blog: But I don't want to spent 100€ just so I have a way to store my games ^^
Redfern: better to spend it during this promo :P ?
Exactly ;)
evanmv13: So, I know that I missed the better Shadowrun (Dragonfall), but is Shadowrun Returns any good? I'm just about done with Fallout 2 and I want to play another isometric, turn-based RPG. I also have Arcanum, so for those who have played both, which one do you prefer?
Anaxphone: Yes, it's good. SR has access to fanmade content as well, which can keep the longevity up.

Arcanum is much longer than SR's base game, but older and a little buggy, so check for bugfixes and the like. Ilove them both, though

Arcanum is more of a longhaul game, while SR works better for times when I'm wanting a quicker fix.
Thank you for the reply! You've convinced me.
Maxvorstadt: I played it for about one hour and I wasn`t much impressed. I`m still trying to find out where to go to solve the first quest. The game doesn`t really tell you what to do. There is not much of roleplaying in this game, levelling is automatically, no skill points to distribute. Monsters give no loot, loot is only found in chests which you find at fixed places in the world. I was awaiting a bit more, but it was a freebie, so....
It's inspired by classic console JRPGs, not PC western RPGs. Automatic leveling is the norm. The loot is a different beast, but there are games that work that way, as well.
You must remember that it was originally conceived for Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, and that the system has some limitations.
Western RPGs for MD are pretty rare. A Mega Drive RPG with a western style would be D&D: Warriors of the Eternal Sun, one of my favourite games for the system back then.
markuspeltonen: DAMN this Insomnia Sale can be frustrating! I just bought Shadowrun Returns thinking I'll be able to catch also Dragonfall later on, only to check the sales list and find out it was on last night.

900 copies, almost four hours, and I woke up 9 MINUTES after it had sold out.

I got most of what I wanted from this sale, so I shouldn't be too upset, but NINE MINUTES. Jeez!
The cool thing is that when it comes on sale in the Summer promo, you'll be able to buy it even cheaper perhaps. :)
Is there any depth to the story of PIER SOLAR AND THE GREAT ARCHITECTS?
evanmv13: So, I know that I missed the better Shadowrun (Dragonfall), but is Shadowrun Returns any good? I'm just about done with Fallout 2 and I want to play another isometric, turn-based RPG. I also have Arcanum, so for those who have played both, which one do you prefer?
It's not as good as Fallout and has a lot less freedom, but is entertaining non the less. Dragonfall has a much better story tho.
Remember that the game has an editor, so there are fan-made story campaigns around, just search the internet.
Arcanum is completely different, it's more like steampunk Diablo. It's not a turn based sci-fi rpg.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Shendue
markuspeltonen: DAMN this Insomnia Sale can be frustrating! I just bought Shadowrun Returns thinking I'll be able to catch also Dragonfall later on, only to check the sales list and find out it was on last night.

900 copies, almost four hours, and I woke up 9 MINUTES after it had sold out.

I got most of what I wanted from this sale, so I shouldn't be too upset, but NINE MINUTES. Jeez!
skeletonbow: The cool thing is that when it comes on sale in the Summer promo, you'll be able to buy it even cheaper perhaps. :)
Yeah... maybe by then I've actually have had time to play Shadowrun. And the other almost 100 games on my shelf still waiting to be played :)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by markuspeltonen
genkicolleen: The files are compressed when you get them -- the larger value is probably how much room it takes up when it's installed :)
Doesn't seem to be the case, for most of the games the sizes match. Also, I extracted Deus Ex and the size is 723 MB.

I'll take a look at it.
Thank you, MarkoH01 and also budejovice.
evanmv13: Thank you for the reply! You've convinced me.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
ariaspi: Hey guys, I have some questions for you. When you do backups for your GOG games, you save just the installers, or the bonus content too (movies, artwork, music etc.)? Do you make checksum/hash files for them?

Also, for some games, it seems to be big discrepancies between the listed installer size and the downloaded size. For example: Jagged Alliance 2 - listed 546 MB, downloaded 412 MB; Deus Ex GOTY - listed 431 MB, downloaded 364.
I'm downloading the Windows versions from the browser, not using the GOG Downloader. I don't think it's about corrupted downloads because I downloaded them twice and the connection is stable between 2-4 MB/s.
I use the GOG downloader, and I click on every available download button on the library to download the game, any patches available, and all bonus content. I only download the Windows versions, and only the English language if there are any options for it. I own 334 products now and it takes up just over 500GB of disk space for my local copy.
Mojra: Good evening dear Insomniacs :) I would like to thank you all for keeping alive this entertaining thread. On the other hand is really hard to keep up to date with reading all of the posts...

I was lucky to have a critical hit on 'Alan Wake's American Nightmare' a while ago, and although I really appreciate GOG for the free game, since I already have this game and I would like to give it to someone. Do you know of anyone who might be interested in this game?
Mister-Gosh: Well, I wouldn't mind it to say the least, but maybe someone else as well? If not, I'm up for it.
Check your PM :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: The constant lack of sleep is starting to take its toll. I need to go to bed early and I hope I get more than 3h of sleep today. Good night.
Good night and sleep well!
bler144: Yup, I just bought P.S. and the receipt shows the sale price. So even if they erroneously overcharged my card (doubtful) it would be pretty easy to fix with customer service.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Don't worry, the Swing and miss message is a bug. You can even make the message disappear by reloading the checkout page.
Wont reloading the page lose your freebie status if you won a freebie though?
Maxvorstadt: Wich posts are downrepped and how can I see this?
genkicolleen: Eh~ I'm not fussed enough to look. I just know that this is the only thread I've been posting in recently, and that my rep is down about 10 points since the sale started.
I've upvoted about half your posts, but I'll start repping all the ones I see just to offset the downvotes somewhat :)

I've enjoyed all your contributions to the conversation.