It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
budejovice: I would laugh and shake my head slowly. However, I can verify the game was not on the list that trent already stealthily slipped in my PM.
trentonlf: I have a script that can filter all the posts out but yours ;-)
SCUM! :)
Dalthnock: Dude, come clean. You MUST have at least thought about it yourself. I mean, that gorgeous hair... damn, son! Who wouldn't?
LOL

The funny thing is, all these years Romero took the bad rap for that ad, but he didn't even come up with the ad or even say that. They hired a new marketing genius who came up with that and presented it to Romero and he didn't like it at all and was opposed to it, but the guy convinced him it would work out great, so he reluctantly gave it the ok to have it blow up in his face and make him look really bad forever. ;o) I watched a documentary with an interview with him from recent years where he discussed this and other inside id things, was very interesting. :)
darkvamp001: Thanks everyone for answering my questions! I'm a little sad I haven't been trying for freebies this entire time, but I got two games I've really wanted to play for fairly cheap (Pier Solar and Gabriel Knight 20th Ann.) so I'm happy! :D
The previous Insomnia Promo did the same thing and, like you, I didn't find out how it worked until the end. So, just know that you are not the only person who has been in your position. At least there are still plenty of opportunities...if you have the time and patience, of course.
high rated
budejovice: I would laugh and shake my head slowly. However, I can verify the game was not on the list that trent already stealthily slipped in my PM.
You underestimate the resourcefulness of mafia players, my friend; big mistake.

The breadcrumbs you left verify that i's not on trentonlf's list.
HypersomniacLive: You underestimate the resourcefulness of mafia players, my friend; big mistake.

Mwhahahaha
high rated
HypersomniacLive: You underestimate the resourcefulness of mafia players, my friend; big mistake.

My only hope was that you would take "no breadcrumbs" at face value.

I do understand it's difficult to take ANYTHING at face value after going through the mafia wringer. There are scum everywhere... :)
wizardofid: same :(
Tekkaman-James: They don't need to fix the problem for you to get the sale price. Just proceed with the purchase as normal and it will be fine. This has happened very time a $4.89 game has come up and no one has gotten ripped off yet. Don't worry.
Yup, I just bought P.S. and the receipt shows the sale price. So even if they erroneously overcharged my card (doubtful) it would be pretty easy to fix with customer service.
Tekkaman-James: They don't need to fix the problem for you to get the sale price. Just proceed with the purchase as normal and it will be fine. This has happened very time a $4.89 game has come up and no one has gotten ripped off yet. Don't worry.
bler144: Yup, I just bought P.S. and the receipt shows the sale price. So even if they erroneously overcharged my card (doubtful) it would be pretty easy to fix with customer service.
Thanks ! Figured that out eventually :p
budejovice: Not completely, however 17,700 posts is a whole bunch of legwork for a game I'll buy myself relatively soon!
HypersomniacLive: What if I told you that the legwork is already done?

EDIT: And that's a nice 500 you got there, I think it deserves some celebration.
Yes, congratulations budejovice to the 500!
Hmm...500 and legwork there was something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3tNylJr7Z4
budejovice: ...
500! Congrats from me too. Well deserved!
So, no one wants Shadowrun? It's been on the front page for like 3 hours.....
simonm197: Have you played Shadowrun? One of the game reviews mentions that there is no loot and no inventory in the game. Is that really true?
paladin181: There is almost no loot in game, and the inventory is not traditional. You cannot pass items between members during a mission, for example. So what ever a person is given before the mission or picks up during the mission is theirs, meaning if you let a merc pick up some health packs in the level, they'll be lost to you at the completion because the merc keeps them (and won't have them even if you hire the same merc again on future missions.)
Hm, I didnt expect that. Thank you for the info.
As I am completly new to the Shadowrun universe, will I be able to understand/enjoy the storyline without any background knowledge?
high rated
budejovice: My only hope was that you would take "no breadcrumbs" at face value.

I do understand it's difficult to take ANYTHING at face value after going through the mafia wringer. There are scum everywhere... :)
I have you leaning town though; leaning means it's questioning time - was it a Fresh Deal?
Remember, as town you can't lie.
budejovice:
Heeey, 500! Congrats! Have a +1 to make it even more~! XD

expopower: It certainly gives that impression, but I can confirm I got a crit on Pier Solar during one of the earlier rounds - so the "Swing and a Miss" bug does not preclude a Critical Hit. =D
Thank you for mentioning that! I'd been wondering!
Post edited March 07, 2015 by genkicolleen
Hey guys, I have some questions for you. When you do backups for your GOG games, you save just the installers, or the bonus content too (movies, artwork, music etc.)? Do you make checksum/hash files for them?

Also, for some games, it seems to be big discrepancies between the listed installer size and the downloaded size. For example: Jagged Alliance 2 - listed 546 MB, downloaded 412 MB; Deus Ex GOTY - listed 431 MB, downloaded 364.
I'm downloading the Windows versions from the browser, not using the GOG Downloader. I don't think it's about corrupted downloads because I downloaded them twice and the connection is stable between 2-4 MB/s.