It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: Pier Solar. Swing and miss? Dammit!
Also getting swing and miss, telling me I missed the promo.

Double dammit, I don't have much online time left, I hope they fix this soon.

growl
same :(
high rated
budejovice: Oh, you two.

There is no trail of breadcrumbs to follow, trentonlf. Your quest ends here. ;)
Are you sure about this? Like absolutely sure?
Matruchus: There are random freebies on every game that is on sale in the Insomnia. When you click on buy button for any game in the sale you have a random chance that you will get a critical freebie.
Actually, then I have one more question: If I click "Buy Now," will it show a different screen for a freebie instead of going straight to the check-out page? As in, could I basically click on "Buy Now" for each game that comes up until I get a freebie?
simonm197: So I was gifted a game that I missed by a very generous member, bought two games for my little brother and have now money left for exactly one game.

My question:
Shall I get Shadowrun Returns or shall I wait for AI War Collection to appear?
(I know somewhat comparing apples and oranges but which is the "better" game on its one merits?
Hard to compare really. One is a linear rpg (Shadowrun) and the other one (Ai War) is a RTS game mixed up with tower defense and some other genres. Its definitely a very good game.
wizardofid: same :(
^^ this. Bug probably?
zenwan: Double dammit, I don't have much online time left, I hope they fix this soon.
wizardofid: same :(
They don't need to fix the problem for you to get the sale price. Just proceed with the purchase as normal and it will be fine. This has happened very time a $4.89 game has come up and no one has gotten ripped off yet. Don't worry.
Matruchus: There are random freebies on every game that is on sale in the Insomnia. When you click on buy button for any game in the sale you have a random chance that you will get a critical freebie.
darkvamp001: Actually, then I have one more question: If I click "Buy Now," will it show a different screen for a freebie instead of going straight to the check-out page? As in, could I basically click on "Buy Now" for each game that comes up until I get a freebie?
It will show up the order screen and mention it is free with a total of 0 if I recall.
(Didn't have a single freebie of this whole sale. :/)
darkvamp001: Actually, then I have one more question: If I click "Buy Now," will it show a different screen for a freebie instead of going straight to the check-out page? As in, could I basically click on "Buy Now" for each game that comes up until I get a freebie?
It will show in the checkout if the game is free. It will write that its a critical hit and that the game is a freebie. In the checkout there will be a free button instead of buy. That's basically it.
It will show you a critical hit message when you click the buy now button. On this page it also shows you a button on which is written "free". Click on this button and you`ll get your free copy of the game.

Damn, too much ninjas around here! :-)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Maxvorstadt
high rated
budejovice: Oh, you two.

There is no trail of breadcrumbs to follow, trentonlf. Your quest ends here. ;)
HypersomniacLive: Are you sure about this? Like absolutely sure?
Not completely, however 17,700 posts is a whole bunch of legwork for a game I'll buy myself relatively soon!

Marko's already tried search and struck out. Thanks Marko, that was nice of you! :)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by budejovice
Tekkaman-James: If you read what it actually says:

"Swing and a miss... Sorry, this offer is expired. You can still proceed with the normal priced purchase, or go back to the main page for more great deals and chances for free games."

It seems to imply that you can no longer get the game at the reduced promo price, not the free "Critical Hit" price. By using the word "expired", it is sure to turn away potential buyers. It's happened a bunch during this sale and I don't see it getting solved before the end.
Oh, I know what the message actually means, I'm just saying the only REAL effect is cancelling out the possibility of a crit since two messages won't proc at once. It's almost definitely not intentional, but that's the sum of the effect, besides confusing people into believing that the game is no longer discounted.
hyexomus: It will show up the order screen and mention it is free with a total of 0 if I recall.
(Didn't have a single freebie of this whole sale. :/)
Okay, that's sort of what I figured. I've only bought two games this entire sale, but I didn't know the freebies were random chance. Now I feel like I've been missing out on possible freebie opportunities this entire time! :/
Looking for Assassin's Creed, Wasteland 2, Spycraft, Inquisitor, Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall, Sokobond, Journeyman Project 3

HAVE: the long list here
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post4884

The other most wanted games in the list are in bold, will trade a lot of keys ($1 bundle tier type and even more expensive for those titles and/or GOG keys). The list of people I've traded with is at the bottom of the linked post above.

Thanks for reading.
darkvamp001: Could I basically click on "Buy Now" for each game that comes up until I get a freebie?
You certainly can. And, if you happen to get a freebie, you can keep trying on other games. Just keep in mind that you only need to click one time per game. Clicking multiple times or waiting until X amount of copies have sold has no bearing on getting a freebie or not.