It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: Pier Solar. Swing and miss? Dammit!
Me too, I think that has happened everytime for that game for me.
masterotaku: Swing and miss. But... there were still 600 to buy. Shouldn't the miss happen when they run out of freebies?
The erroneous messaging seems to happen when the game has been discounted to $4.89. Why knows why though... =P
Couldn't resist, bought Shadowrun.
Gonna play me some vidya now.
Pier Solar. Good (not great) RPG in the old 16 bit style. Really pretty fun, but with a lot of back tracking and long walks for little to no reason.
Tekkaman-James: Don't forget, everyone; "Swing and a Miss" doesn't actually mean anything. It's a glitch. You can still buy the game at the promo price by clicking the "Pay for my Purchase" button as normal.
It just means there's zero chance of getting a critical hit though. Not a big deal, but I think people deserve that 0.01 % chance for a freebie. :P
Post edited March 07, 2015 by paladin181
expopower: The erroneous messaging seems to happen when the game has been discounted to $4.89. Why knows why though... =P
Haha, thanks for the explanation, you and everyone. I though I was very unlucky :p.
The amount of copies + the confusion with the "Swing and a Miss" glitch = Pier Solar hanging around for a LONG time.
So, I've been glancing at the home page from time to time to see what sales have cropped up, and I'm wondering - have there been any freebies this time around that I missed?
darkvamp001: So, I've been glancing at the home page from time to time to see what sales have cropped up, and I'm wondering - have there been any freebies this time around that I missed?
There are random freebies on every game that is on sale in the Insomnia. When you click on buy button for any game in the sale you have a random chance that you will get a critical freebie.
darkvamp001: So, I've been glancing at the home page from time to time to see what sales have cropped up, and I'm wondering - have there been any freebies this time around that I missed?
Matruchus: There are random freebies on every game that is on sale in the Insomnia. When you click on buy button for any game in the sale you have a random chance that you will get a critical freebie.
Oooooh, okay. Thanks for the clarification! :)
Yes, but not where the game is free for everyone, just a small chance upon first clicking the "Buy Now" button for a title that you'll get it free. (It's referred to as a "crit".)

Honestly, I prefer this style to the old one, since all of the freebies before were gone before my lagged connection could load the next page to claim a prize.
DAMN this Insomnia Sale can be frustrating! I just bought Shadowrun Returns thinking I'll be able to catch also Dragonfall later on, only to check the sales list and find out it was on last night.

900 copies, almost four hours, and I woke up 9 MINUTES after it had sold out.

I got most of what I wanted from this sale, so I shouldn't be too upset, but NINE MINUTES. Jeez!
So I was gifted a game that I missed by a very generous member, bought two games for my little brother and have now money left for exactly one game.

My question:
Shall I get Shadowrun Returns or shall I wait for AI War Collection to appear?
(I know somewhat comparing apples and oranges but which is the "better" game on its own merits?
Post edited March 07, 2015 by simonm197
Only problem is my 6Mbps internet, downloading a 7+ GB file at roughly 600kB/s can be a pain if you're really itching.

@Dalthnock

Lol, using 3g, so don't have that luxury, of waiting just a few minutes, do about 3mbps, could do faster, if I
get another modem, but meh, I some times get free net access with this modem so, I will rather suffer a bit.

The problem is I have lost lots and lots of data over the years, so back up is second nature, now, plus I am a game developer and content creator, and have a few freelance projects with a UK company so have to back up all those projects and the content I have worked with over the last 10 years.

It's really getting frustrating, having to spend a day just sorting all the stuff out and the deleting scraps left over.I love doing it, and some times I come across some thing I completely forgot about and jump with glee.

I think I am going to ditch gamersgate and greenman unless it's steam keys only, and stick with gog and steam and humble, forgot about humble as well sigh, have content there as well sigh :(
Matruchus: There are random freebies on every game that is on sale in the Insomnia. When you click on buy button for any game in the sale you have a random chance that you will get a critical freebie.
With 'random' yet to be defined ! :)
paladin181: Pier Solar. Good (not great) RPG in the old 16 bit style. Really pretty fun, but with a lot of back tracking and long walks for little to no reason.
It just means there's zero chance of getting a critical hit though. Not a big deal, but I think people deserve that 0.01 % chance for a freebie. :P
If you read what it actually says:

"Swing and a miss... Sorry, this offer is expired. You can still proceed with the normal priced purchase, or go back to the main page for more great deals and chances for free games."

It seems to imply that you can no longer get the game at the reduced promo price, not the free "Critical Hit" price. By using the word "expired", it is sure to turn away potential buyers. It's happened a bunch during this sale and I don't see it getting solved before the end.