It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

And the American Nightmare is about to end ... just a few copys left ... come on!
blakstar: OK -- thanks for all the encouragement! :-D

I've gone and bought Shadowrun.
Anaxphone: I think you'll enjoy it. Dragonfall is better, but Dead Man's Switch (the campaign included with Shadowrun Returns) is decent, plus there's plenty of fanmade material, apparently.
Great... I've only just bought the first one... and you're already recommending the second one to me?! :-P
blakstar: OK -- thanks for all the encouragement! :-D

I've gone and bought Shadowrun.
You will not regret it , trust me !
MarkoH01: And the American Nightmare is about to end ... just a few copys left ... come on!
No no, not come! Go on, my friend, we want it to go!!!
Dalthnock: Yeah, it's a mess. Like everything in life, you have to weigh the pros & cons of what you are about to decide, accept that you're going to get the good with the bad & select the option least likely to cause you trouble in the future.

And then fail miserably.

But seriously, I know it's risky putting all my games here, no matter how much I trust this site - which is a lot.

But the alternatives & all the hassle attached to them simply aren't worth it.

At the end of the day, they're just games. I'd prefer to have my mind free to track other things & have my time free to do something else than keeping a list.
wizardofid: I don't have a problem with, I lost content I got way back in 2000 recently, and a such I now have back ups of every thing. and that costs money, gog just makes it easy download the game, throw in a folder, and get around to it when it suits you.

With steam, there is also a few DRM free games, I have a such gone through them all and copied them to over to my digital folder and removed them from steam.It's a work in process but I like my folders neat and tidy, and stuff backed up as I go along.

I haven't backed up any stuff in the last 4 weeks, been swamped with other projects it's starting to eat at me how messy the folders are. I have file directory OCD
´
I used to have that. So, whenever I "acquired" a game, I made sure the installation was perfect, take painful care in backing up every patch and/or mod in case I would need them later, etc.

Then I finally said to myself "screw it, there's got to be more to life than this". So I came to GOG, started buying games like a maniac, and now whenever I want to play a game, I just download it, play it & uninstall it - because all the required files are backed up in GOG's servers. It's a win-win.

Only problem is my 6Mbps internet, downloading a 7+ GB file at roughly 600kB/s can be a pain if you're really itching.
Fresh deal: Pier Solar and the Great Architects (-67%) [600]
Anaxphone: I think you'll enjoy it. Dragonfall is better, but Dead Man's Switch (the campaign included with Shadowrun Returns) is decent, plus there's plenty of fanmade material, apparently.
blakstar: Great... I've only just bought the first one... and you're already recommending the second one to me?! :-P
i second that suggestion! - played through the first one in nearly one sleepless sitting - had to aquire the second within a day or two to handle the withdrawl!
Pier Solar. Swing and miss? Dammit!
Games yet to show up.
Pier Solar - I was wondering if I'd swing and miss again even after the double fresh time ... yes, they have not fixed it.
blakstar: This is torture :-)

I'm sitting here watching the numbers trickle down, trying to determine whether to buy Shadowrun Returns.

I'm tempted to let it go, but, at the same time, I can't decide whether I'll be kicking myself later for doing so!
Oh do I know that feeling...

I know it so so well...
Swing and miss. But... there were still 600 to buy. Shouldn't the miss happen when they run out of freebies?
MarkoH01: Pier Solar - I was wondering if I'd swing and miss again even after the double fresh time ... yes, they have not fixed it.
So it's a bu^H^H feature?
Don't forget, everyone; "Swing and a Miss" doesn't actually mean anything. It's a glitch. You can still buy the game at the promo price by clicking the "Pay for my Purchase" button as normal.
blakstar: Great... I've only just bought the first one... and you're already recommending the second one to me?! :-P
Well, I have Shadowrun Returns, the Dragonfall expansion for it, the Dragonffall standalone game, and an a KS backer of the upcoming Hong Kong game...

But really, i was just wanting to let you know that even after you finish SR's campaign a few times (different builds allow different choices ingame at points,) there's still more gameplay to be had without having to buy Dragonfall...