It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ooh, Shadowrun.
Tempting. Not sure if I can resist the third time.
high rated
budejovice: Thanks for asking, trentonlf! It was [redacted].

I have way too many games both in my backlog and in general to be fishin'. :)
trentonlf: I don't hear you saying what it was, that is vital information ;)
You're a well deserving gogger so if I have it you get it ;)
I've already been gifted an awesome-looking game I missed by IAmSinistar. I am in my harvest season at work with no time and extra money. [Redacted] will be on sale in the next few months, before I am even ready to play it.

You may be persistent, but I am stubborn. I sincerely appreciate you looking out, but I must insist on finding it down the line. I'm already running out of things to buy on GOG. :)
Bussiebaer: Shadowrun returns is up.
Is it good? Should it be played before Dragonfall?
Tekkaman-James: As others have answered your primary questions, allow me to add one bit of extra info; while Dragonfall DC fixed a lot of gameplay issues that people had with Returns, the two engines are compatible. Therefore, if you copy the Returns game data into the appropriate folders of Dragonfall DC, you can play Returns with all of those upgraded mechanics. You can find all of the detailed info on how to do that in this subforum thread.
Well THAT is a usefull information. Thanks :)
Dalthnock: So I use GOG for about 95% of my needs, while using Steam for those games that I really, really want but it's highly unlikely that I will get them here.
bler144: I tried to stick to one philosophy about which site to use, but realistically I end up bouncing back and forth between GoG and "that other place" depending on what my hankering is and what's available.

Humble only occasionally has stuff I want badly enough to buy there - the bundles would be more useful if I had a broader network of gaming friends to exchange games with.
You gotta be realistic. Steam isn't going anywhere & if there's a game you really want that you're unlikely to get here, I say buy it. I'll fight for good causes, but not to the point of madness and/or stupidity.

Besides, where else are you going to get Valve's catalog? When they have a sale on it, Portals 1 & 2 are worth the price they ask for everything they ever released.
Tekkaman-James: As others have answered your primary questions, allow me to add one bit of extra info; while Dragonfall DC fixed a lot of gameplay issues that people had with Returns, the two engines are compatible. Therefore, if you copy the Returns game data into the appropriate folders of Dragonfall DC, you can play Returns with all of those upgraded mechanics. You can find all of the detailed info on how to do that in this subforum thread.
Good to know, thanks a lot for the tip !!!
Tekkaman-James, thanks a lot for this info. Will defenetly do that! :-D
Oh, neat. I'll have to give that a try with my copies.
The_Blog: Well THAT is a useful information. Thanks :)
hyexomus: Good to know, thanks a lot for the tip !!!
Bussiebaer: Tekkaman-James, thanks a lot for this info. Will definitely do that! :-D
My pleasure! ^_^
bler144: I tried to stick to one philosophy about which site to use, but realistically I end up bouncing back and forth between GoG and "that other place" depending on what my hankering is and what's available.

Humble only occasionally has stuff I want badly enough to buy there - the bundles would be more useful if I had a broader network of gaming friends to exchange games with.
Dalthnock: You gotta be realistic. Steam isn't going anywhere & if there's a game you really want that you're unlikely to get here, I say buy it. I'll fight for good causes, but not to the point of madness and/or stupidity.

Besides, where else are you going to get Valve's catalog? When they have a sale on it, Portals 1 & 2 are worth the price they ask for everything they ever released.
I agree with you. DRM-Free is nice and the community here is even nicer. But if there is a game that is not on gog, but on steam and I wanna play it than I grab it on the platform that suits me the best. That is preferably gog, but in that case steam. Though I am also a huge fan of Valves games.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by The_Blog
Tekkaman-James: ...
+1 for this info. That will make me to buy Returns and jump in time couple of hours back to get Dragonfall :)
trentonlf: I don't hear you saying what it was, that is vital information ;)
You're a well deserving gogger so if I have it you get it ;)
budejovice: I've already been gifted an awesome-looking game I missed by IAmSinistar. I am in my harvest season at work with no time and extra money. [Redacted] will be on sale in the next few months, before I am even ready to play it.

You may be persistent, but I am stubborn. I sincerely appreciate you looking out, but I must insist on finding it down the line. I'm already running out of things to buy on GOG. :)
Now I will have to pester everyone and ask if they know what game it was, you are going to make all this extra leg work for me LOL

Of course you could just tell me :-P
Dalthnock: Nope. I know about GOG since it began, but the reason I took this long to register & buy games here is that I want ONE place to have most of my games, so I have to TRUST that place.

Most businesses usually shit all over their own standards in practices within 2-3 years - GOG is on it's 7th year & despite some unusual decisions in the past month, has surprisingly managed to hold on to its motto of DRM-free all this time, so it's the safest bet you'll ever have.

I know about putting all your eggs in one basket, but the hassle of keeping track of a growing collection spread out over several sites is much, much more inconvenient than DRM. Besides, if things turn sour, it's much easier to suicide bomb a couple of buildings than a whole mess of 'em.

So I use GOG for about 95% of my needs, while using Steam for those games that I really, really want but it's highly unlikely that I will get them here.
wizardofid: And that is the problem I have now, It's steam, greenman gaming, gamersgate, gog and origin, refused to get ubisoft, it's getting messy and I don't know what I have and don't have, looking at my library I counted at least 800 titles, including boxed games.....

So it's getting much, plus I am running out of space fast, Will need to upgrade my steam drive again, it's just pushed over 1,7 tb's....
Yeah, it's a mess. Like everything in life, you have to weigh the pros & cons of what you are about to decide, accept that you're going to get the good with the bad & select the option least likely to cause you trouble in the future.

And then fail miserably.

But seriously, I know it's risky putting all my games here, no matter how much I trust this site - which is a lot.

But the alternatives & all the hassle attached to them simply aren't worth it.

At the end of the day, they're just games. I'd prefer to have my mind free to track other things & have my time free to do something else than keeping a list.
high rated
budejovice: I've already been gifted an awesome-looking game I missed by IAmSinistar. I am in my harvest season at work with no time and extra money. [Redacted] will be on sale in the next few months, before I am even ready to play it.

GOG will have added more games in the next few months, so your argument doesn't make much sense, if any. Just saying...
Post edited March 07, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
Nooo. Why didn't i know this earlier. I own Shadowrun returns on another platform. Now Dragonfall is gone. :(
Post edited March 07, 2015 by ElTerprise
This is torture :-)

I'm sitting here watching the numbers trickle down, trying to determine whether to buy Shadowrun Returns.

I'm tempted to let it go, but, at the same time, I can't decide whether I'll be kicking myself later for doing so!