It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Please people stop with all the gifting. I totally lost track of who gifted to whom and I really have to +rep all those gifters.

Still thinking of buying Alan Wake (both games). I have the SE which works with - you know, the other store - so this would be DRM free. What is your opinion of buying games twice just to have them DRM-free on GOG?
For me personally, getting them DRM free is worth the second purchase. Some I get right away, some go into the wishlist, but every game I have either on physical media or through some other digital distributor that has come to GOG I bought them or have them in line to be bought.

I like the idea of not having to depend on some 3rd-party software to install and/or play the game, and with the way physical media changes too rapidly I do not like being confined in that area as well (that is primarily the biggest reason I have move away from consoles, or buy stuff for them long after they have been released).
Bussiebaer: Shadowrun returns is up.
Is it good? Should it be played before Dragonfall?
Returns is actually the first part. Although you can play both seperatly. Dragonfall is supposed to be a bit better since some people complained that Returns was to linear for their taste. They kinda fixed that and a few other things with Dragonfall. Returns is still good :)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by The_Blog
I liked it. It's quite linear, but I like the style of combat and the setting. It's not necessary, but if you are interested I would recommend playing before, since people say that Dragonfall is a lot better and it references Returns at some points.
DreamedArtist: YES!!!! SHADOWRUN RETURNS IS BACK ! WOOT just picked it up and now I am %100 done with the sale got all I needed and I CAN FINALLY RELAX...
You mean, you can actually play your recently acquired games ? :D
Have no problem with linear games, so I will give it a go. Like the setting. :-)

Thx for the fast answer @ bugamn, The_Blog & Redfern
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Bussiebaer
Can anyone tell me how Shadowrun(s) here related with that old Shadowrun from SNES?
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Redfern
DreamedArtist: YES!!!! SHADOWRUN RETURNS IS BACK ! WOOT just picked it up and now I am %100 done with the sale got all I needed and I CAN FINALLY RELAX...
hyexomus: You mean, you can actually play your recently acquired games ? :D
Shit man you are right I can't relax I have to get on those games! brb shadowrun calls me
:)
Absolutely, because Dragonfall is better.
Wha? A third crit, on Shadowrun Returns! I never win these things - who am I?
Matruchus: Tomb Raiders
Hmmm?
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Grargar
The_Blog: Returns is actually the first part. Although you can play both seperatly. Dragonfall is supposed to be a bit better since some people complained that Returns was to linear for their taste. They kinda fixed that and a few other things with Dragonfall. Returns is still good :)
Was thinking about getting it as well just now, but I got dragonfall, yesterday, so I think I will skip returns, holding out till I see some thing I fancy, want the spread the genre's a bit a get a little of every thing.No point getting the same type of game twice, till I finished dragon fall at least....
♫Nine hundred copies of Shadowrun up on the GOG♫
♫Nine hundred copies of gaaaames♫
♫Take one down, pass it around...♫
Redfern: Can anyone tell me how Shadowrun(s) here related with that old Shadowrun i played on SNES?
Shadowrun is a PnP roleplaying system and world. The games are adaptions of this.
MarkoH01: Please people stop with all the gifting. I totally lost track of who gifted to whom and I really have to +rep all those gifters.

Still thinking of buying Alan Wake (both games). I have the SE which works with - you know, the other store - so this would be DRM free. What is your opinion of buying games twice just to have them DRM-free on GOG?
jackster79: For me personally, getting them DRM free is worth the second purchase. Some I get right away, some go into the wishlist, but every game I have either on physical media or through some other digital distributor that has come to GOG I bought them or have them in line to be bought.

I like the idea of not having to depend on some 3rd-party software to install and/or play the game, and with the way physical media changes too rapidly I do not like being confined in that area as well (that is primarily the biggest reason I have move away from consoles, or buy stuff for them long after they have been released).
You have a point here. Most of the games I bought twice (be that on Steam or Gog actually) were because of the support.
Having the no-cd included without a NO-CD patch+malware "bundle" was such a relief !
Redfern: Can anyone tell me how Shadowrun(s) here related with that old Shadowrun from SNES?
It's the same universe based on a tabletop game and Returns has a callback from the SNES Shadowrun. Mages, deckers, orcs, shamans, spirits, it's all there.