It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Owning Daikatana and not playing it is probably the best way to approach the situation. 8)
Post edited March 07, 2015 by LinustheBold
Pardinuz: I didn't know that was possible. Thanks for the protip.
Just make sure you have not attempted to download the game. I also believe you have a limited amount of time after you buy the game to convert it.
trentonlf: I also believe you have a limited amount of time after you buy the game to convert it.
30 days.
trentonlf: Go here: http://www.gog.com/support/contact/my_orders_and_payments

One of the drop downs is an option for changing a game you bought to a gift key
Pardinuz: I didn't know that was possible. Thanks for the protip.
They may very well ask you for info to demonstrate that the purchase is yours - Paypal ID or partial credit card info is normal. The process is not automatic, and support will contact you by email.
So im playing Hammerwatch now for some time and I must say that is one of the most satisfying and worthwile impulsive buys in long time and definitely worth the full price. Really simple to play but fun hack'n'slash game. Mind that I usually dislike this type of game.
Geralt_of_Rivia: And I think praise should be given where praise is due. Sadly there are people who just take and never give anything back to the community. So it's refreshing to see new people who start giving right away.
MsParanoid: On this topic, it's not always visible that people have gifted. I did, yesterday, after you generously gave me the Little Big Adventure, gift the X-Wing that I offered to you and you didn't want. Someone PM'd me and we communicated only through PMs and not via posts. I found it really challenging to keep up yesterday.

I think the generous spirit on this forum has mostly permeated all involved.

I still have this warm fuzzy feeling about this forum and the people on it, from all corners of the earth. What a lovely surprise.
Of course, I also gift by PM.

But then there are also some people who aren't even ashamed to openly admit that they are only in the forum to beg for free codes.
LinustheBold: Owning Daikatana and not playing it is probably the best way to approach the situation. 8)
What about owning Daikatana and making your enemies play it if they want to live?
Lemon_Curry: Ha, fantastic! :D
There's plenty more where that came from:
http://www.theloop.ca/the-internet-just-made-that-woodpeckerweasel-picture-a-whole-lot-better/
Holy crap, that's an epic picture... it's so Glorious it made me cry...
Geralt_of_Rivia: But then there are also some people who aren't even ashamed to openly admit that they are only in the forum to beg for free codes.
But at least this is honest - you have to appreciate that too.
And I'm back. Atleast now I know why I don't like funerals :S
I guess noone really likes them. It's just so depressing. And it is weird when people around you are starting to cry and you are just sitting there. It is not like I am not sad about the death. I guess I just have other ways to deal with it.
I've just tried the demo of Din's Curse and I like the game. But what bothers me is the very small inventory. I hate it to permanently run back and forth to a vendor to sell items when the inventory is full (that's why I liked the solution with the pet in Torchlight so much). And at least in the (Linux) demo there's a lot of loot. You seem to be able to get some bags which increase the inventory a bit, but not too much.

How tedious is the inventory management in the full version of the game and how often do you have to run back and forth to sell your items? Is there any other clever way to sell your unwanted items (like in Torchlight)?
zenwan: True! :-D

I was pointed in the direction of the trading thread, so I planned to try my luck there. I was so cross about losing Nox the first time (it happened twice, in much the same way) that I bought Clive Barker's Undying in a fit of pique, even though I'm not at all into horror, so I thought I'd try trading that first.
I'm new to these forums, so it's taking me time to find my way around. I haven't yet figured out how to gift a game if I didn't buy it to gift it in the first place. I'm sure someone there will tell me.
Editing to enlarge on my Nox misfortune... (noxfortune?)
trentonlf: Go here: http://www.gog.com/support/contact/my_orders_and_payments

One of the drop downs is an option for changing a game you bought to a gift key
skeletonbow: I've suspected that the popular games list might occasionally have a few titles "salted" near the top from time to time, but that's just rampant speculation with no remote way of measuring. :)
trentonlf: It's semantics I bet, the popular could be "popular this week" or "Popular this month" etc, just depends on what needs to sell ;-)
That is most helpful of you, thank you. I will look for that. Proof of payment should be easy, they must have records, surely. I hope that the cutoff date isn't too short, I have a lot of games I haven't even downloaded (most of them actually), waiting for my new computer with more up-to-date operating system and a bigger hard drive.
Matruchus: So im playing Hammerwatch now for some time and I must say that is one of the most satisfying and worthwile impulsive buys in long time and definitely worth the full price. Really simple to play but fun hack'n'slash game. Mind that I usually dislike this type of game.
I've had that game for quite a while and I agree. Hammerwatch is a great homage to Gauntlet. If you liked that back in the day you'll love Hammerwatch.
zenwan: That is most helpful of you, thank you. I will look for that. Proof of payment should be easy, they must have records, surely. I hope that the cutoff date isn't too short, I have a lot of games I haven't even downloaded (most of them actually), waiting for my new computer with more up-to-date operating system and a bigger hard drive.
The cutoff date is 30 days from the purchase date.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Grargar
Matruchus: So im playing Hammerwatch now for some time and I must say that is one of the most satisfying and worthwile impulsive buys in long time and definitely worth the full price. Really simple to play but fun hack'n'slash game. Mind that I usually dislike this type of game.
I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's one of my favs.
Let me know if you need a co-op partner. :)