It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: Bwahahahahahahahaahaa! Sorry to laugh at your moment of pain... but Legend of Grimrock came up and was keaning out for about 6 hours until it finally finally finally sold out. It almost beat Jack Keane 2 out as the longest game stall to date. And a short while ago Grimrock 2 sold out rather quickly in it's final pass. Sadly it looks like you got burned today. :) There will be future promos though too so maybe you can get an even better deal later on.
Rievier: Umm... yeah, I thought I've slept 4 hours and a half, but actually I've slept 8 hours and half (that's crazy, I never sleep this long). I forgot to put my alarm to wake me, sine half of the time I've slept on my desk.
just hang out in the forum and maybe participate later in one of the Bonanza giveaways - there will ba a chance...
wizardofid: I think in the next sale we should hype a game again, to see if we can't either crash the servers or get it sold in under a minute.But it has to be a good game, nox is a pretty good game, so the hype is justified.
On the other hand, we could have a grand time pushing something like Daikatana and seeing how it goes. Probably set gaming back 20 years, or something.
zenwan: Not by me, sadly. I waited for it from 5am and stayed up much later than usual, checking back every 5-10 minutes, but it still snuck past me. I was not charmed at all, had noxious nightmares all night. ;-)
At least it beats having neverending nightmares. :)
Hopefully, someone is willing to trade or gift Nox to you.
Hope to see Alan Wake next :)
LinustheBold: On the other hand, we could have a grand time pushing something like Daikatana and seeing how it goes. Probably set gaming back 20 years, or something.
Well for all its history, Daikatana should be in everone's collection.
Geralt_of_Rivia: There seems to be a little misunderstanding. I know there are quite a few games with Alt-Tab problems. But most of them are from a time where no one could image a computer with enough RAM and a processor fast enough to run a AAA game and many background tasks at the same time. Since task switching didn't make sense not many people cared to handle it gracefully. That's why I wrote "modern game". Alt-Tab problems mostly seem to be a thing from the past.

I don't remember having played any game in the last 5-10 years that had problems with task switching. And I play a lot of games. Nothing from Steam though so i can't vouch for Skyrim. And I pretty regularly Alt-Tab out of games.
It definitely seems to be less and less of a problem over the years for the reasons you cite, and also because many of the problems are solved in ready-made solutions these days that games use instead of rolling everything themselves, but it sadly still happens. I would say it's the minority of games, but annoying as hell when you hit it. I too ALT-TAB like it's going out of style so if a game has a bug with it I'm highly likely going to stumble on it and get cranky. :) Mind you when it comes to modern new games most of mine are on Steam for no other reason than that more times than not they aren't available on GOG and I want to play them so I end up getting them on Steam one way or another.

I don't believe GOG has said anything about it yet, but I hope GOG Galaxy client also has an optional overlay feature like Steam as it can be pretty useful, and that would also allow this optional functionality in an optional GOG native solution at some point in time hopefully. :)
LinustheBold: On the other hand, we could have a grand time pushing something like Daikatana and seeing how it goes. Probably set gaming back 20 years, or something.
toxicTom: Well for all its history, Daikatana should be in everone's collection.
I should probably pick it up one of these days.
DROX! DROX! DROX!

GO! GO! GO!
skeletonbow: Sorry man, it is soooo gone. :) There's some extra basmati rice left over though. :) I've got Korma, Balti, and Vindaloo in the cupboard for another day if you're near the hub of the Great Lakes. :)
Sweet, thanks for the offer man. Let me just get my WW warmed up and I'll be there in a jiffy!
toxicTom: Well for all its history, Daikatana should be in everone's collection.
LinustheBold: I should probably pick it up one of these days.
Either way should be fun to pick a game to hype, the sale had some relative good games in it. Alan wake being one of the best newer titles, very hard to choose a best of the old titles, it would result in a long winding argument :P
And Halfway my final buy of Insomnia just came.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Matruchus
Halfway at 70% off, 400 copies.

Drox sure took its sweet time...
Matruchus: And Halfway my final buy of Insomnia just came.
Congrats. Glad you got what you wanted. I know I did. Great insomnia sale over all if you don't count the amount of time I spent waiting for sales to progress. My wife was none too happy, but the $110 I spent was well worth it and didn't go over too poorly.
Matruchus: And Halfway my final buy of Insomnia just came.
Well Congratulations:)
Why don't they just offer 10000 copys - it's taking forever ....