It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just went through every game on GOG and added a bunch of games to my wishlist. So I want to buy one of these old platformers never having played any of these before, which one should I get first?

Earthworm Jim 1+2
Gex
Rayman Forever
Superfrog
Well, I'm going to have to wait a while for Wasteland 2 now!

I missed it the first two times it was offered, and was waiting yesterday for it to turn up, but ended up sorting out my father's PC instead -- wasn't particularly happy to discover that the game had turned up just as I had left my keyboard!

Doesn't seem quite so annoying after a night's sleep though! Oh, well -- another time, another sale! :-)
Tarnicus: I'll take honey any day if I need a sweetener!
And as an added bonus (good) honey has antibiotic and anti-fungal properties.
skeletonbow: Just started thinking ... *snip*
Tarnicus: I want to say that even though I don't respond often to your verbosity, that I read almost everything I see you write and really appreciate your writing. Cheers mate! :)
Thanks for your thoughts. :) I don't always comment on things but when I do I often prefer to articulate myself and my rationale to have a more complete and unambiguous thought/opinion on a given topic, which in turn often ends up being longer than the average comment out there per se. I do have to admit that the GOG forum code max-post-size limiter bites me in the ass on replies sometimes though too. hehehe
Turtlesaur: not sure if gog has limited numbers of copies to sell during this sale or something... but obviously fresher games are selling a bit slower, so it could be nice if they would bring a few of the bestseller seasoned games before insomnia ends. Would be much more fun too

or they could just put Swos on sale instead (:
They have a limited number, since the discounts sure have to be negotiated with the IP owners.
toxicTom: And as an added bonus (good) honey has antibiotic and anti-fungal properties.
Their is a reason why they smeared honey over wounds a few centuries ago ;)
opticq: Just went through every game on GOG and added a bunch of games to my wishlist. So I want to buy one of these old platformers never having played any of these before, which one should I get first?

Earthworm Jim 1+2
Gex
Rayman Forever
Superfrog
I'd start with Gex.
toxicTom: And as an added bonus (good) honey has antibiotic and anti-fungal properties.
Just don't heat it though, as it starts to lose some of those healing properties when heated. (Rumor has it that at past 70C or so it can even become "toxic", but doesn't seem to be reliable evidence of that. Some of what makes it so healthy does start breaking down at past 40C or so though.)
Tarnicus: I didn't know that and now I have a lot of downloading to do before I head to Oberon tomorrow afternoon! I just checked and I do not have the VVVVV soundtrack but have far more there than I realised. Thanks for pointing that out :)
stg83: Yeah there should be quite a few in the audio section, I always try to look for the HBs that have soundtracks included since there has been a couple of instances where soundtracks were removed from GOG games unfortunately.
Soundtracks have been removed from GOG games? Oh that is shite :( Can you think of any off-hand? Hopefully I downloaded any I own before that happened.
gamesfreak64: I still wanted to try that old train thing : The Last Express, but at 5.39 its a bit much,
I just sent it to you as toxicTom owns it already.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Ah, a Wizball remix.

Three more hints for the musically inclined: *snip*
You are just wanting me to churn out volumes of writing aren't you? I generally write when I have a certain thought, combined with feeling and music on loop until it is formed. Thank you so much for those first 2 links! I've chatted to some great musicians and developers who have stuff on bandcamp, but as an old Amigafile, that other link is brilliant!
Tarnicus: I want to say that even though I don't respond often to your verbosity, that I read almost everything I see you write and really appreciate your writing. Cheers mate! :)
skeletonbow: Thanks for your thoughts. :) I don't always comment on things but when I do I often prefer to articulate myself and my rationale to have a more complete and unambiguous thought/opinion on a given topic, which in turn often ends up being longer than the average comment out there per se. I do have to admit that the GOG forum code max-post-size limiter bites me in the ass on replies sometimes though too. hehehe
showoff, we get it you know a few fancy words. I do too ! So now im gonna say something fancy.

Luminous images are very pretty...stic. prettystic. I bet that one is new to you, probably because its not very popular yet (im pushing it though).

Prettystic :
English(?) word that describes things that are somewhat pretty but not pretty enough to be called pretty.
opticq: [..]which one should I get first?
Rayman 1 > Jim 2 > Jim1 > Gex > Superfrog
Tarnicus: Soundtracks have been removed from GOG games? Oh that is shite :( Can you think of any off-hand? Hopefully I downloaded any I own before that happened.
I know of 'Uplink' as well as 'Dracula 4' which is the latest one that I remember people found out about thanks to mrkgnao as GOG doesn't inform us on such trivial matters. Also there is more useful info in the thread regarding removal of extras.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/removed_extras_on_some_games/post118
Post edited March 07, 2015 by stg83
thk47: So umm... I would like to confirmed that's Critical Hit (freebies) does exist, just got my first a few moment ago :|
Rakkora: Gratz thk47! My older son was the lucky one to nab a critical 2 days ago on Bard's Tale while I was out picking up the younger one from school. He wasn't sure if I wanted it and there were only a few copies left, so he clicked on "Buy" and got lucky!
Thanks Rakkora, wish you'll have a wonderful time playing a Bard's Tale with your Sons :)
I just got back home from work then I checked gog that's Drox Operative come up on sale clicked buy button and there are a critical hit message appear :D