It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wow, have things stalled quite a bit? I think I was away for a couple hours but both those shadow-named games are still up.
InXile's announcement videos for Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition came out on YouTube today (3/6/2015.) I went over to the InXile forums to read about it. InXile actually announced it in their forums on 3/32015. That's three days ago. PC gamers have been going apeshit over the announcements for PS4 and Xbox One but NOT PC. Reasonably so, because PC gamers kickstarted and funded Wasteland 2, and yet consoles are getting the enhanced and superior version.

My main concern is that, after three days of angry posts in the forums, no InXile moderator or employee has stepped forward and posted a message to calm down the upset PC gamers in their forums. A simple confirmation of "don't worry, PC is also getting the GOTY edition/update" would have been suffice to smooth things out. That has not happened, which likely means no GOTY edition is being planned for the PC.

So anyway. Wasteland 2 is on sale in this Double Insomnia. You have to decide if you want to pay for this version, or just get the GOTY version on consoles. I think I'd pass the game, altogether.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by ktchong
Crewdroog: Give gydion some love Here (if you could). he is always very helpful
Done~!
Cavenagh: when does this INSOMNIA sale end?
bugamn: Never! We are never sleeping again!
Well, GOG always has an ongoing sale, but not one you usually have to lose sleep over. There are typically "picks of the week", which may be editors choices, a particular genre or even just a "pot luck".... and, as I've noticed, they always do a fair discount on newly introduced 'fresh' games, but you have to get them before they full price.
ktchong: I just saw the official announcement videos of the Wasteland 2 "Game of the Year" Edition for PS4 and Xbox One on YouTube. The GOTY uses the new Unity 5 engine and has enhanced graphics and new features. I went over to InXile forums to find out more about the GOTY edition. Apparently the GOTY edition is only for PS4 and Xbox One. PC is NOT getting the GOTY edition. That is after the PC gamers - NOT Playstation fanboys, NOT Xbox fanboys - kickstarted and funded the game at first. PC gamers got shafted in the ass again.
JDelekto: I know, it kind of sucks. However, it seems that these days, most households just want some box to "plug and play" for pictures, movies, music and games and PCs are just too complicated. Just another example of what in my humble opinion is society losing IQ points for being too complacent.

However, they're losing out, they can't play the DRM free "Good Old Games" or in some cases, the really awesome games that high-end PCs offer.

I'm not a fan of any particular platform (although I am a fan of my PC, there are many like it, but this one is mine). I also like the ability to change it, grow it and make it fit any game those crafty devs can throw at it.

I am PC. :)
or, it's b/c it freakin' expensive to upgrade your PC and it's much more convenient to have a console that will play the newest games always. that's my case anyways :)

I am Bi.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Crewdroog
JDelekto: I know, it kind of sucks. However, it seems that these days, most households just want some box to "plug and play" for pictures, movies, music and games and PCs are just too complicated. Just another example of what in my humble opinion is society losing IQ points for being too complacent.

However, they're losing out, they can't play the DRM free "Good Old Games" or in some cases, the really awesome games that high-end PCs offer.

I'm not a fan of any particular platform (although I am a fan of my PC, there are many like it, but this one is mine). I also like the ability to change it, grow it and make it fit any game those crafty devs can throw at it.

I am PC. :)
Garack: Okay, since this thread is moving at lightning speed, I'll post the source link: https://www.facebook.com/Ranger.HQ?fref=nf

GOTY will come for the PC version, apparently as a patch. So relax. :)
I am relaxed. :) or was that PC.
Tarnicus: Are you fucking serious? Wasteland exists and was a success because of silly "old fogies" like myself who paid $80 for it back in the 1980s!!! That is really disappointing news, and had I known, I would not have supported them so much by buying 2 copies. I need to see this announcement for real as I cannot believe it at face value. That might be denial and it makes no sense whatsoever!
huN73R: It is true :(
That guy is part of Wasteland 2 team
Shouldn't be that hard to make GOTY for PC....
Tarnicus: I'd suggest reading up on the science of binaural beats meditations and trying it for yourself :) It was skeptical at first too.
Sorry if I came off as dismissive. :) Thanks for the link, though I doubt I'll try the meditation.
ymerejsasnak: Wow, have things stalled quite a bit? I think I was away for a couple hours but both those shadow-named games are still up.
Yeah.. it's taking forever.

It might be a good idea for the next Double Insomnia event to keep the number of copies to 200 tops, and then perhaps have more cycles - a quicker rotation seems better for everyone.
Crewdroog: Give gydion some love Here (if you could). he is always very helpful
genkicolleen: Done~!
thanks genki :)
Definitely getting the feeling this is going to run until Sunday.

Honestly didn't think the array of newer items would take so much longer than the older ones.
If people would be so inclined could y'all please start marking threads in the main forum as Spam from the Korean nut job so we can clean it up?
CarrionCrow: Honestly didn't think the array of newer items would take so much longer than the older ones.
GOG seems to have misestimated the quantities that would be snapped up in a timely manner.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Anaxphone
Crewdroog: or, it's b/c it freakin' expensive to upgrade your PC and it's much more convenient to have a console that will play the newest games always. that's my case anyways :)
I am Bi.
Well, I'm a Bi-illiterate, I can't read or write in two different languages. :)

It is expensive to upgrade PCs, but why upgrade? If a game requires an upgrade, does it mean the game designer needed the processing power to create their imagining? ....or are they limited by the processing power of the console for however long you choose to keep it?

What I'm really torqued (not the game engine) about, is the console industry trying to gain exclusivity to games just for the sole purpose of having others purchase their hardware (which they chose to take a loss on in their own accord) and taking a portion of the sales from the developer.

I would rather develop for as many platforms as I could, than choose one and have it take a dive. But, again, that's just my opinion.
I just watched "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising", they have improved since "The Gamers" but I'm glad it was a freebie.
I f you liked the first film then you'll love this one.

I can't believe Shadowruns and Shadows are still there.