It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

genkicolleen: Should I play Banished, Banner Saga, or Arcanum first? Any input?
LinustheBold: Arcanum is giant. And awesome. Or I think it's awesome; as a result of it being giant, I never got very far with it. Also, SAVE OFTEN. Because it's giant, it's quite easy to get yourself someplace that you can't get yourself out of - like, I got marooned in the intro area because I couldn't pay the toll to get out. Or something like that, it was a very long time ago. I'm looking forward to playing it for reals one day.
It was awesome, just a bit broken. My first characters tended to favor technology, but never got really far. After some time I created a mage and then I managed to play the game to the end. Nothing like sending summons to do your work.
But it really felt alive. This game has working trash bins and newspaper (more or less). And the world is really huge, even if most of it is empty. I once read that without fast travel one would need three real time days to go from one corner to the other.
The setting is also very interesting. I don't know many games that try to present industrial revolution and its consequences on a fantasy world. I can recommend, but one needs time to play.
LinustheBold: A pool table.

Why did the tree fall down?
Crewdroog: lol

It thought it was an elephant!
Well, there was a pool table on top of it.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by bugamn
Tarnicus: Yes I walk amongst you mortals now...the end is nigh! Screenshot courtesy of Gragar :)
Ragnarblackmane: *kneels* What is thy bidding, my master?
Whilst you're down there mate... :P

I'm not quite back yet as I need to make some calls. I see I missed nothing sale-wise :)

Shower: Check
Walk: Check
Nutritious lunch: Check
Beer: Check
???: Check
WIN!
LinustheBold: Arcanum is giant. And awesome. Or I think it's awesome; as a result of it being giant, I never got very far with it. Also, SAVE OFTEN. Because it's giant, it's quite easy to get yourself someplace that you can't get yourself out of - like, I got marooned in the intro area because I couldn't pay the toll to get out. Or something like that, it was a very long time ago. I'm looking forward to playing it for reals one day.
bugamn: It was awesome, just a bit broken. My first characters tended to favor technology, but never got really far. After some time I created a mage and then I managed to play the game to the end. Nothing like sending summons to do your work.
But it really felt alive. This game has working trash bins and newspaper (more or less). And the world is really huge, even if most of it is empty. I once read that without fast travel one would need three real time days to go from one corner to the other.
The setting is also very interesting. I don't know many games that try to present industrial revolution and its consequences on a fantasy world. I can recommend, but one needs time to play.
Crewdroog: lol

It thought it was an elephant!
bugamn: Well, there was a pool table on top of it.
lol close, I was referencing this: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post16476
holy crap, I didn't realize it was an hour ago that I made that joke. jesus, time flies on this thread, unlike the games....
Ragnarblackmane: *kneels* What is thy bidding, my master?
opticq: Go forth and buy all copies of Shadows and Dragonfall to speed up the Insomnia promo. :P
Geez opticq, you can't tell people to just go out and buy it, you have to make sure they take a look at the screenshots, view any preview videos (if available) and see if it looks like something interesting.

I also take a look at the description of the game and read the reviews --as many review, both good and bad. Sometimes there is a difference of opinion in a game which doesn't match that of the person who might like it.

It's not about pushing others to buy it, but finding those who will enjoy buying it.
Is there a list going of what hasn't shown up in this cycle yet? If so, anyone care to link it up? 829 pages is a bit much to dig through. LOL
Crewdroog: I don't know!

The elephant took his trunk
So, at first I assumed, that I won't buy anything, since I already have quite a lot of games...
12 purchases later...

what?
How? HOW does this always happen?!

Anyway, I wanted to say, that this is great promo, even greater community, lots of fun, love y'all!

Lurking Bear recognizes opportunity to rest and is kean to hybernate... wishing a good hunt for all!
jakob187: Is there a list going of what hasn't shown up in this cycle yet? If so, anyone care to link it up? 829 pages is a bit much to dig through. LOL
look on page one, there is a link
JDelekto: snip
Oh no I totally get it, it was a joke. I do the same indepth research into games I buy too.

I wasn't being serious when I told Ragnarblackmane to buy the games.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by opticq

JDelekto: The elephant took his trunk
hahaha, nice.
Tarnicus: Whilst you're down there mate... :P

I'm not quite back yet as I need to make some calls. I see I missed nothing sale-wise :)

Shower: Check
Walk: Check
Nutritious lunch: Check
Beer: Check
???: Check
WIN!
Nutritious lunch:Beer

Fixed.
JDelekto: snip
opticq: Oh no I totally get it, it was a joke. I do the same indepth research into games I buy too.
I know.... I was trying to be serious in saying that you are right, just do your homework first. ;)
I just saw the official announcement videos of the Wasteland 2 "Game of the Year" Edition for PS4 and Xbox One on YouTube. The GOTY uses the new Unity 5 engine and has enhanced graphics and new features. I went over to InXile forums to find out more about the GOTY edition. Apparently the GOTY edition is only for PS4 and Xbox One. PC is NOT getting the GOTY edition. That is after the PC gamers - NOT Playstation fanboys, NOT Xbox fanboys - kickstarted and funded the game at first. PC gamers got shafted in the ass again.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by ktchong
jakob187: Is there a list going of what hasn't shown up in this cycle yet? If so, anyone care to link it up? 829 pages is a bit much to dig through. LOL
Check this out :)
ktchong: I just saw the official announcement videos of the Wasteland 2 "Game of the Year" Edition for PS4 and Xbox One on YouTube. The GOTY uses the new Unity 5 engine and has updated graphics and contents. I went over to InXile forums to find out more about the GOTY edition. Apparently the GOTY edition is only for PS4 and Xbox One. PC is NOT getting the GOTY edition. That is after the PC gamers - NOT Playstation fanboys, NOT Xbox fanboys - kickstarted and funded the game at first. PC gamers got shafted in the ass again.
That's fugged up.