It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm reposting my question since it's the final round just wanted an opinion on Shadowrun and what's it's similar to. I'm hoping for a modern day Jagged alliance more then hardcore RPG.
In 5 days the Fall promo got 30k posts. We aren't even close haha
opticq: Shadows looks beautiful yet boring.

Seems like that's a trend in games of late.
xep624: That's why good old games always sell faster :) Because they are seasoned :)
Of course not because they're cheaper or anything...
Tarnicus: Check your PMs, I sent you a question :)

Edit: and I just saw your reply :)
advancedhero: Nice rep...
Gargar recorded it for posterity :)
Dajjer: Any educated guesses on how many copies of "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" is going to be available? And how much will it go for?
djdarko: 60% off, 200-600 copies.
which translates to $8.99 sales price but how did you get the 200-600 number
cecil: I'm reposting my question since it's the final round just wanted an opinion on Shadowrun and what's it's similar to. I'm hoping for a modern day Jagged alliance more then hardcore RPG.
I would say it isn't. It's more linear (at least the first one), and combat plays more like the recent XCOM, a few actions per character, which can be used for movement, or combat or other actions. Those are more restrictive than the time units system, but easier to plan for.
Niggles: a GOG wallet type addition had been mentioned at some point, but not sure whats happened since then?.
Anyone else?
Well, there is definitely some development work behind that which may be outside what they are currently busy doing --and it's definitely something easier said than done.

However, I think having the ability to buy and trade some type of "token" could be a good opportunity for both GOG and for people who don't want to keep hitting their cards every time there is an awesome sale and you can acquire 5 games or more for under $20.

However, I imagine that this 'token' type of credit would throw off two things: a) regional pricing being the same; and b) the value of the token at the time of the purchase when exchange rates change.

While I can understand this, how about at least allowing the buyer to choose the amount of a "pre-charge" they can put for GOG. I think that may help with the micro-payment issue.
advancedhero: Nice rep...
Tarnicus: Gargar recorded it for posterity :)
Haha, nice.
It's now nearly 3:15 am and i'm going to sleep now.

Hope i don't miss much. See you in a few hours :).

Gute Nacht / Good Night.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by ElTerprise
Niggles: a GOG wallet type addition had been mentioned at some point, but not sure whats happened since then?.
Anyone else?
JDelekto: snip
I'm just waiting for trading coupons here like on Steam, that would be fun :)
Crewdroog: ...
Just wanted to drop here before going to sleep and say "Thank You" for Shadowrun gift. ^^
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Trid
opticq: Shadows looks beautiful yet boring.

Seems like that's a trend in games of late.
Is that like dating a supermodel that has no intellect whatsoever? :)
ElTerprise: It's now nearly 3:15 am and i'm going to sleep now.

Hope i don't miss much. See you in a few hours :).

Gute Nacht / Good Night.
rest well :)
Anyone else?
JDelekto: Well, there is definitely some development work behind that which may be outside what they are currently busy doing --and it's definitely something easier said than done.

However, I think having the ability to buy and trade some type of "token" could be a good opportunity for both GOG and for people who don't want to keep hitting their cards every time there is an awesome sale and you can acquire 5 games or more for under $20.

However, I imagine that this 'token' type of credit would throw off two things: a) regional pricing being the same; and b) the value of the token at the time of the purchase when exchange rates change.

While I can understand this, how about at least allowing the buyer to choose the amount of a "pre-charge" they can put for GOG. I think that may help with the micro-payment issue.
As others have mentioned - for me it would definitely help with micro payment issue - their anti fraud thing went off 3 times i last few months and each time i had to call them to unblock my account etc (two occasions werent GOGs fault although third was.....and im getting occasional issues trying to purchase directly with my bank debit visa - seems to only affect me when im buying from GOG).- love the wallet type thing to become reality..
Ominousrobot: Hi there insomnimaniacs,

I just wanted to share this. I got Secret of Monkey Island for a freebie yesterday and thought i would try it out with my daughter (9yrs) this morning, turns out she loves the humour and we have had a great time solving the puzzles of the three trials. Her favourite part was the sword fighting, of all things and we had to play pirate insult sword fighting for real afterwards.

Her face when we got to the sword master and all the insults were different, priceless. Moments like this are why i love games, especially as Monkey Island 1 was such a formative game for me as well.
Very nice and heartwarming story, thank you for sharing. Nothing can beat the joy one gets from games when accomplishing a particular task and then getting appropriately rewarded for it. :)

Insult Sword fighting is definitely a timeless classic from the game where one of the best was:

Insult: You fight like a dairy farmer.
Comeback: How appropriate. You fight like a cow. :P
Post edited March 07, 2015 by stg83